GRAVEYARD OF DEPARTED PLAYERS - for whatever reason....

Comments

• Pic
    Pic Member Posts: 649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typically.
  • Troublemaker
    Troublemaker Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright... So yours truly got his retirement postponed indefinitely again. God bless me.
  • Mystique
    Mystique Member, Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back.... or my condolences @Troublemaker :) lol

Believe my name is on page maybe 6 and then again on page 10 of this thread!! Haha!!

I’m not addicted either! :grimace:
    ⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
    🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
  • Troublemaker
    Troublemaker Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Governator said:
    > Alright... So yours truly got his retirement postponed indefinitely again. God bless me.
    >
    > A friend of mine, let's call him Uncle Bob, says he is refusing to return your 2018 HOF badge and you'll have to pry it out of cold lifeless hand. He's such a jerk. :sunglasses:

It was poisoned. All part of my evil plan.
  • Jenng
    Jenng Member Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

I heard evil plan! :p
  • Governator
    Governator Member Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Governator said:
    > Alright... So yours truly got his retirement postponed indefinitely again. God bless me.
    >
    > A friend of mine, let's call him Uncle Bob, says he is refusing to return your 2018 HOF badge and you'll have to pry it out of cold lifeless hand. He's such a jerk. :sunglasses:

Thanks for the Disagree @Andrea! Glad you don’t think Uncle Bob is a jerk like I do. :lol:
  • Andrea
    Andrea Member Posts: 399 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Governator :D ...sorry i wrong :D :D :D ...i change my opinion on a LOL ...i feel stupid o:)
  • Governator
    Governator Member Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Andrea said:
    > @Governator :D ...sorry i wrong :D :D :D ...i change my opinion on a LOL ...i feel stupid o:)

Uncle Bob disagrees. :sunglasses:
  • Jaden
    Jaden Member Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill_ZRT said:

Thoughts on starting a "Graveyard of Players briefly Considering Departure, but Ultimately Deciding Not To" thread?

Can we also have a "Graveyard Of Retired Alts That Get Reactivated Again Anyway" thread?
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21 ✭✭✭
    > @Jenng said:
    > I heard evil plan! :p

Look, Jenn hanging out right where I saw her the last time I was here. Hope all is well with you. Please pass along a Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to you and the rest of DF.
  • jester
    jester Member Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jester. Out.
  • SgtSalami
    SgtSalami Member Posts: 568 ✭✭✭✭
    See ya bud...have fun...you know there is always a spot to come back too : )
  • Andrea
    Andrea Member Posts: 399 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arrivederci @jester ! Stay safe out there!!
  • DLH
    DLH Member Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jester Sad to see you go. Thank You for everything you have done with the family and thank you for bringing our guilds together way back when. You leave behind some big shoes to fill. You know you will always have friends in our guild family.
    Asylum/BlackjacknBeef Guild Family
  • Bill_ZRT
    Bill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jester

You suck. You're a terrible person. The community will be far better off without you.

Thanks for everything you've done... the guild council was instrumental in the 'early days' of NML and it was a ton of effort and organization from you and the other founders and leaders. The guild council made a real difference and set the table for direct player communication with the NML dev team which has increased dramatically over the last year or so. Thanks for your friendship, thanks for your candidness, thanks for the laughs, thanks for motivating me on the leaderboards when we were neck and neck for the 50th spot a million years ago, thanks for looking out for the community, thanks for the occasional discussion on conspiracy theories, thanks for the regular updates on your home renovation projects, and thanks for listening and allowing me the occasional venting session.

Good luck and godspeed you salty old bastard.

Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

• capibara
    capibara Member Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait! You promised me we were going to visit NG HQ together @jester :p
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. LINE ID: capyrodent
    My Recruiting den. Capy into Music History and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection, now DECA Collection.
  • Cronus
    Cronus Member Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate olives....
  • ekimhclew
    ekimhclew Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love olives....
  • mongo_nine_one_one
    mongo_nine_one_one Member Posts: 228
    edited December 2018
    @jester...

You probably don’t have any perception, as to how much I respect you, for your efforts in guiding the Board, and indirectly helping NextGames, to grow NextGames... and their maturing understand, of the relationship of a gamer, and the game...

Sir... thank you...
  • tdiddy
    tdiddy Member Posts: 336
    best wishes @jester
  • jester
    @mongo_nine_one_one : You have always been one of my favorite posters here. Thank you.
  • Artisans
    Artisans Member Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I learned a lot from Jester, and laughed at him a lot, too. In my mind, he looked like Johnny Rotten, (though I've known better for a long time now). He was my first NML crush, based on wit alone. A mover & a shaker. End of an era.
    Retired, but not entirely dead.
    "Really? Good luck with that!"
  • jester
    You and Bill have me blushing.
  • SgtSalami
    SgtSalami Member Posts: 568 ✭✭✭✭
  • Cronus
    Cronus Member Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate olives....> @PigBenis said:
    > One last long ass post for you all.
    >
    > For the past 9 or so months I thought I was done with this game and was ready to quit, but each time an update would come out or something new was released to regain my interest and reel me back in, even for a short while. First it was new heroes. Then it was GW, which soon faded due to all of the issues. Recently I looked forward to the newest update, which promised some exciting new content, but after downloading it I've realized that I don't have it in me anymore.
    >
    > I said to myself this morning "I just don't want to play this game. It's not fun and it's taking away too much of my free time." I find myself planning my day/life around this game, which is like a 2nd job and that's even before considering that as a max level player pre-3.2 update I will now need to spend countless hours trying to farm 95 million supplies and then get all of my survivors upgraded after update 3.2 to get to where I was before the update, and for what? Why do I do this to myself?
    >
    > I understand that upgrading is part of the game but it's not balanced at all and is designed to milk money from the whales by having such ridiculously low XP and supplies limits. I'm certain that between Council upgrades that I've farmed the required 95 million supplies and then some, but the low cap of 20 million didn't allow me to save the vast majority of them. So with every Council upgrade it becomes more time consuming and costlier to get to max level, and again....for what? To go further in the Challenge when rewards are such a joke? To complete the Distance and earn 100 hero tokens at the end when it can take THOUSANDS just to upgrade a SINGLE TRAIT for ONE SURVIVOR that increases the survivor's ability 1-3 percent.
    >
    > This game is severely lacking in customization options, which would help to keep things fresh. No ability to change survivor's traits, the badge crafting/sorting system that is a joke with no recipe book that can result in a badge in 1 of 5 sets and in 1 of 6 slots, rarity of components and radios that give shit results 90% of the time when used (keep in mind how many survivors we all have and that it takes thousands of tokens to upgrade a SINGLE TRAIT at high level), the same Challenge maps that repeat over and over week in and week out...yeah...no more. I suppose I should probably add in something about the mess with Season 2 of GW and all the bugs along with all of the mistakes that have been made recently with round passes and compensation bundles being given out.
    >
    > With that said, I can't justify spending more time playing this game and supporting a company so full of mistakes, carelessness, and ineptitude. I had a wonderful guild/family full of great players/people and want to say thank you to my friends in the Dixon guild family for giving me a home for the past year.
    >
    > meep meep

Nooooooooo
  • SmokeandMirrors
    SmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I was just getting to know you, @PigBenis!

I am sad you are leaving. I hope you and your pretty girl (what a dog!) will have lots of good times now that you aren’t busy with the game. Best wishes for quality time doing the things you love most.

SmokeandMirrors
    Dixons Dungeon