"Kiting" Fatties (& other undead)

MizTy
MizTy Member Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
@Shteevie

Last weekend and this weekend, about half our guild has been developing melee survivors with gold luck, dodge, and interrupt in order to "kite" high level, hard to kill walkers like @Terminates does in her Content Creator videos. Can you comment on any changes in 2.2 that might affect this strategy?
OneVoice

Comments

• Shteevie
    Shteevie Member Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is a great plan! I can't speak to numbers and such within the inner workings of the game, but I would expect that this will continue to be a good strategy for content that is up to, and a little beyond, the level of those survivors. At some point though, getting this close to the tanks repeatedly will end up getting you a bit fat kiss from a walker.

I will say that if you are hoping for consistent, 100% success with this at high levels, you may have rough going. But mixing this with reduced bodyshot, or extra charge, or high ranged critical chance should be pretty effective.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    rgerkmanMizTyTop8dog
  • MizTy
    @Shteevie
    Reduced body shot? Is that gonna be a new trait? I must have it!!!!
  • NCDawgFan
    NCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't 100% interrupt provide a "100%" success rate even against level 30 fatties @Shteevie ?
    MizTyNeil_JTop8dog
  • GrimGael
    GrimGael Member Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cue nerf hammer.
    BttlOpenerfreegoodenPapacasTop8dogMizTy
  • Felio
    Felio Member Posts: 101 ✭✭✭
    NCDawgFan said:

Wouldn't 100% interrupt provide a "100%" success rate even against level 30 fatties @Shteevie ?

Speaking of interrupt, I have no freaking clue what it is. I know the devvies were on the lookout for unclear trait descriptions a while back.
  • Shteevie
    Shteevie Member Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Felio said:

Speaking of interrupt, I have no freaking clue what it is. I know the devvies were on the lookout for unclear trait descriptions a while back.

-Interrupt means when you attack a target in overwatch, it stops and doesn't finish it's action. For walkers, this ends their turn.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    MizTyNataNxyGrimGael
  • MizTy
    I'm actually looking for a different thread at the moment, but saw this & thought it was interesting.

No matter what anyone's opinion is regarding 2.2 trait balancing, we were warned & NG was much more honest about it than they were back in June. So thank you for that integrity @Shteevie
    tomducat21kryptonixPapacasTop8dogSekushiAmazaynant[Deleted User]
  • TheLostOnes
    TheLostOnes Member Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MizTy my friend, I don't agree -- in this thread @Shteevie actually recommended investing in an interrupt strategy. He does say it may be nerfed to a limited extend but that there are ways to compensate. But what actually happened was that interrupt is now 100% useless against anything but weak walkers (which don't need to be interrupted because you kill them off in the overwatch hit anyway).

Furthermore, even if he did say it here, it wouldn't count as announcing a warning. Only a tiny part of the forum/player base would have noticed.

And finally, this is only a month ago. I made most of my purchases of items with luck, dodge, interrupt and wide caliber bore 2-4 months ago.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    SgtSalamiPapacasTop8dogSekushiJackBauerOvidmikelJadenMizTy
  • SgtSalami
    SgtSalami Member Posts: 568 ✭✭✭✭
    I fully agree with the sentiments expressed by @TheLostOnes. I am only thankful that I made one gear purchase that was affected by all of this.
    PapacasMizTy
  • Top8dog
    Top8dog Member Posts: 737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spot on @TheLostOnes

: )

@MizTy

You seem to be missing the point,.. No one saying the good stuff ain't good,.. No ones saying the minimal warnings wasn't given even tho they were very very obscure and non discriptional about how bad the nerfs would effect the entire game,
    What people are saying and fully have a right to is that the changes have demoted there game fun/value/appreciation/trust,... And in affect,.. In some country's,.. Breached consumer laws,..
    No one wants them to close down,.. Or completely give in to "player demand" but to actually engage in ways to repair the damage,.. Be more transparent,.. Acknowledging there mistakes and atleast try to correct them,..
    Justify somehow that the rebalancing they have done is in deed the best move for the game and not just for the company's pocket,. Because each and every nerf does more devaluing and or lowering damages/power levels of items people have invested in

Having said all that,.. I still value your opinion :)
    MizTy
  • NCDawgFan
    NCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    The original statement by @Shteevie says,

-Interrupt means when you attack a target in overwatch, it stops and doesn't finish it's action. For walkers, this ends their turn.

This statement doesn't say "might" or "could" or "possibly" stop the walker does it???? It says "stops".
    Top8dogMizTyGrimGael