Survival Instinct Activating w/ no Negan in Outpost

2»

Comments

• SCBMA
    SCBMA Member Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    @Shteevie
    I attached two screenshots of the outpost Lake map where Daryl is a defender. He absolutely IS shooting his own team members (friendly fire). I have been experimenting with this all day and I can get him to kill at least one of his team members for me.

When I use my Daryl to raid I haven't seen him shooting my guys. Not saying it isn't happening but I have not seen it yet.

The SS are just so you know where to test for yourself. They don't actually show you it happening.
  • szgerg77
    szgerg77 Member Posts: 272 ✭✭✭
    I made a few screenshots about Daryl's complete ignorence to attackers.

1) The gate is opened and my team stares right into Daryl's... back, as he politely turns the other way.

2) Since we don't get much attention, Rosita and Trucker goes back to hunt some walkers to kill their boredom, while Julius begins his warm up routine to run for the crates. My people are not seen at the moment, but remember, they were in Daryl's eyesight when we opened the gate, so he should be on overwatch now.

3) While killing walkers Rosita carelessly steps in the eyesight of Daryl... we should say if we didn't know he's completely occupied speaking to someone off-screen.

4) Julius finally decides to run for the crate. Daryl finally shows some interest, but he still doesn't shoot as you can see on Julius' full green health bar.

Maybe it's not a bug, maybe Daryl's just a nice guy knowing we doesn't mean no threat. Anyway, don't try this at home if the guy in the bottom right is not Daryl.
  • Movado
    Movado Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    @szgerg77

Based on your screenshot sequences, I think it can be explained. Upon opening gate, there's line of sight to Daryl, but Hunters don't have range to hit that grid outside gate (shooters w/extended-range, do). Later, that particular Daryl might not have Interrupt when it was your turn on the dash to tg's if you had shifted in & out of focus. Also, sometimes player line of sight isn't the same equivalent to range/awareness by a defender, particularly if opponent put them in 'stationary' setting contrasted with Offensive setting, and movements shifted. Now, there may be certain small bugged elements involved in the mix, but it doesn't seem Daryl was fully bugged in those sequences.

Or, did I mis-interpret your post implication?
    SCBMAJackBauer
  • szgerg77
    @Movado
    I thought about that, but this only works with Daryl in the bottom corner. Regular hunters usually don't come out when they "see" a target out of the gates, but they do shoot at the scout running in. I might sacrifice a scout and take some more screenshots w/o Daryl if you're interested.
    JackBauer
  • Aniel
    Aniel Member Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
  • feracolyte
    feracolyte Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭✭
    not to hijack the thread, but along the same line, the carl second chance ability showed up during one of my raids against a player with no shooters in his defender line up. The defender's name was "Camo". It showed up when I "killed" one of the assaults. can you please look into this? thanks kindly
    JackBauer
  • JackBauer
    JackBauer Member Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shteevie look at the comment above.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
  • Squall_NML
    Squall_NML Member Posts: 737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have encountered this bug yesterday. Negan's skill affect all survivors without him join the def team :naughty:
  • Gladi
    Gladi Member Posts: 601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was striked by survival instinct too. There was no Negan on either side. Happened on monday(30.1.) but I was not aware of this issue so not tried to take screenshot.
  • David_H79
    David_H79 Member Posts: 1,788
    edited February 2017
    @Shteevie maybe I have a way to reproduce this issue.
    I make 3-4 raids to gain more influence before the counter attack. ;)
    If Negan is the defender lets say in the first attack, then the defenders in the next raid also benefits from survival instinct.
    There is only one way to prevent, close the App and restart.
    I think with Rosita it's the same.
    JackBauerszgerg77
  • szgerg77
    David_H79 said:

@Shteevie maybe I have a way to reproduce this issue.
    I make 3-4 raids to gain more influence before the counter attack. ;)
    If Negan is the defender lets say in the first attack, then the defenders in the next raid also benefits from survival instinct.
    There is only one way to prevent, close the App and restart.
    I think with Rosita it's the same.

Awesome observation, sounds possible! I'll test that.
  • Djiotic
    Djiotic Member Posts: 3
    This is still happening on a regular basis for me.