Recommended change

If the developers monitor this site I would like to recommend the revival of Deadly Missions and the Memorial. After all a big part of navigating the apocalypse is loss of life ( ie Shane, Glenn, Abraham, Herschel....) put that risk back in the game. Retiring people is just not the same.

Thanks
AvengersWahooDawgekimhclewHuman3001gespuerR2runfastzeowerus

Comments

• Avengers
    Avengers Member Posts: 632
    I really want the memorial to mean something
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    gespuer
  • DLH
    DLH Member Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem with that is when we had deadly missions we didn't have the expense associated with upgrading survivors.
    Asylum/BlackjacknBeef Guild Family
    David_H79zeowerus
  • ekimhclew
    ekimhclew Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fully agree. It's not a zombie appocolypse if no one dies.
    gespuer
  • Mabiki
    Mabiki Member Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    DLH said:

Problem with that is when we had deadly missions we didn't have the expense associated with upgrading survivors.

The other problem is that support was inundated with angry players who lost survivors in deadly missions, complaining the possibility wasn't clear enough or was caused by a game glitch. I haven't experienced some of the bugs mentioned recently, like walkers supposedly "dodging" bullets from Daryl's gun, but I don't even want to imagine what the forum would look like if people were losing survivors due to a bug like that after investing millions of XP and hundreds of hours. I never got to play deadlies and would love the chance, but I think they're gone for good.
    Pigsligoemzeowerus
  • TheRealSavage
    TheRealSavage Member Posts: 64
    Xp is the last thing I worry about. What about the thousands of class tokens invested (10s of thousands)?
    theldssdl
  • ADPaq
    ADPaq Member Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry this is a big fat no. The cost in hours and real money invested in characters and weapons would make it an utter disgrace to kill off survivors permanently.

Even if the deadly missions are optional, there would be far too much unnecessary confusion and I have no doubt the rewards would be crap anyway. Probably 10% higher, if that, than non-deadly missions.
    Captainslayermik81zeowerus
  • I_Am_Psycho
    I_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mabiki said:

The other problem is that support was inundated with angry players who lost survivors in deadly missions, complaining the possibility wasn't clear enough or was caused by a game glitch.

I agree that support being inundated with angry people not realising the risk would be labour intensive and distract from handing other issues. But seriously, that aspect wouldn't be a genuine support issue, as it clearly would be "working as intended", UNLESS a glitch genuinely occurred. However, with that comes the issue of proof.

That opens the door to players falsely claiming a glitch caused the demise of their survivor they spent so much time and possibly $$$ on. Its doubtful NG have complete data on every mission played by every player, as that would add too much overhead to maintain, and would also only show things that NG devices are aware of, which excludes many client side glitches or issues with faulty devices.

I myself would want a riskier element to games I play.

More experienced players would surely be aware of the risk involved so they sheer amount invested wouldn't come into it, apart from where glitches are genuinely the cause.

But if it ever was implemented, the rewards would need to significantly reflect the risk!!!

For what it's worth, I think there are plenty of bugs and tweaking of existing features that require the time and attention of the dev teams.

I like the idea though. I just can't see it coming to fruition as NG clearly made a decision to remove it, and that won't have been done lightly.

(I'll check back later for any horrific typos)

Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    Mabiki
  • CharlieDelta55
    CharlieDelta55 Member Posts: 10
    Perhaps valid points but I did not experience the glitches and read the warnings, but some issues I am sure. Will just have to be a ruthless disposer of the weak in my camp!
  • WahooDawg
    WahooDawg Member Posts: 455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rewards in the old Deadly missions were awesome! Hasn't been the same since they went away.
    ekimhclew
  • ekimhclew
    ekimhclew Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. I used to only play deadly missions because they gave out great rewards. And I never once got one of my survivors killed. It really wasn't that hard to survive them
    jimmorrison369
  • Avengers
    Avengers Member Posts: 632
    Yeah, as long as you didn't accidentally farm too long...
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    jimmorrison369ekimhclew
  • Phalanx44
    Phalanx44 Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or your finger didnt slip...
    Or you didn't selected the charge of one survivor, then accidentally attacked with another...
    Or you didn't somehow miss a crate on the way to the exit, and couldnt get back to it through the oncoming horde...

(All of these things cost me my initial survivors during my first game.)
    zeowerusgespuer
  • hunter_x
    hunter_x Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    Well, yes or no.
    Depends on the result, epic/legendary weapons /gears, tokens, gold.
    Considering risk losing survivor, that's should be the rewards.
    If that's happen, I'll say yes.