No gold Rick weapon?

So this week's Hero is Rick and I knew if they continued this event he would be coming up soon. I got the tokens that I needed in order to upgrade him to legendary last week, but didn't upgrade him just in case this exact situation happened. I was nowhere near bringing Carol from rare to legendary for the spear, so I thought there may be some super cool pistol I could get for Rick, but nope, no bonus weapon this week. I guess the main question is: will the upgrade bonus weapon be coming back? I don't know that it was very well implemented, but I need to know because I'm also sitting on enough tokens to make Abraham legendary and it's killing me inside because I (and most of you, I'm sure) love and use Abe often.
KudukBelgarath

Comments

• Kaz
    Kaz Member Posts: 1,420
    edited March 2018
    Hey there!

We are now analyzing the results of Carol's event to see how it went.

Rick's week will give a Hero Boost, a lot of tokens, special calls with increased chances of getting rick tokens, but not a Legendary weapon if you upgrade his rarity. If we run Carol's event settings again, we'll let the players know some days in advance. And we will also consider the previous player's feedback and the fact that players could be saving some tokens.

If we do something similar with Abe, we know that we have to also consider that most of the veteran/active players have him on elite 1-pink star already, so if we run this kind of event again, hopefully, it'll be a lot better than Carol event was! :)

Thanks for the feedback!
    JadendylanarenaDBoneskamilowaty_Lily_aquilaDLichShadowaceAzjrodrf2
  • Drunken
    Drunken Member Posts: 1,719
    @Kaz

The call is totally BS. You know it to. 20 radios for increased chance. When hero week is double tokens with increase chance and double tokens.

It seems like a harmless adjustment to tack on those 5 radios and be like oh its a new hero call, but reality is you guys are slowly making radios more rare. Everything is pointing to this. Less in bundles, terrible calls, I feel even drop rate has changed.

What is the major difference in a 10 special call and a 20 special call? Other than guaranteed 32? Why not make it double tokens similar to Hero week? At least then some would attempt to pink them just for giggles like I did with governor.

Also a lot of your "veteran players" have double or triple pink Abe after two amazing Hero weeks with him :)
    TatdJdmxbamfxanderfm12JadenPassive_Mav
  • Camel56
    Camel56 Member Posts: 508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to look at this issue a little closer. What is even the incentive to spend radios to upgrade a rare or even an epic Rick with this event. None as I it stands now. If the incentive was a Legendary weapon, then I'm sure most people would spend radios or purchase tokens to make the hero requirement to get that weapon. I did for Carol, spending TG at every restock and ran The Distance twice to get those needed tokens. I never had the Spear, but I did have that special pitchfork, but even fully upgraded, it's max damage was less than a same level weapon. Pretty much useless compared to a weapon of equal level, except for its unique attribute.
    TransmuteJunR2runfast
  • jrodrf2
    jrodrf2 Member Posts: 333
    > @Kaz said:
    > Hey there!
    >
    > We are now analyzing the results of Carol's event to see how it went.
    >
    > Rick's week will give a Hero Boost, a lot of tokens, special calls with increased chances of getting rick tokens, but not a Legendary weapon if you upgrade his rarity. If we run Carol's event settings again, we'll let the players know some days in advance. And we will also consider the previous player's feedback and the fact that players could be saving some tokens.
    >
    > If we do something similar with Abe, we know that we have to also consider that most of the veteran/active players have him on elite 1-pink star already, so if we run this kind of event again, hopefully, it'll be a lot better than Carol event was! :)
    >
    > Thanks for the feedback!

Thank you for the feedback @Kaz! The hero events are alright, though I think I'd rather have the class bonus. My reasons are thus:

1) The class bonus allows me to pick the character I want from that class, including the potential use of heroes

2) NG's buffing of a hero is not likely to convince me to use said hero. I didn't use Carol at all during the event (aside from the season missions). I may use Rick, because I do favor ranged survivors and I happen to have some good badges on him. Which brings me to:

3) I will not spend 90-360 gold weekly to remove and replace badges to make the best use of the hero buff.

4) I didn't think I'd be in this camp, but I did find myself not upgrading two survivors on the chance (which I admittedly figured was small) that a special weapon may be available if I upgrade on your given week. *If you do continue with the hero events, I would agree with an opinion voiced by many here: if a special weapon is involved, it should be given for collecting X amount of tokens, to give everyone an opportunity to collect.

5) I will not do the hero call for 20 phones again. I tried 4 and got 32 Carol tokens. The rest were rare survivors for the cost of 60 phones a.k.a. a waste of 15 phones. I will stick to 15 calls and 40 calls from here on.

Let me end by saying that I hope you'll take this as constructive criticism. I don't like to be negative about this game and I hope I haven't come off as such. I thoroughly enjoy playing and I look forward to changes that keep things interesting and fun. I just don't think hero weeks are the way to go.
    Kaz
  • Kaz
    Kaz Member Posts: 1,420
    Drunken said:

@Kaz

The call is totally BS. You know it to. 20 radios for increased chance. When hero week is double tokens with increase chance and double tokens.

It seems like a harmless adjustment to tack on those 5 radios and be like oh its a new hero call, but reality is you guys are slowly making radios more rare. Everything is pointing to this. Less in bundles, terrible calls, I feel even drop rate has changed.

What is the major difference in a 10 special call and a 20 special call? Other than guaranteed 32? Why not make it double tokens similar to Hero week? At least then some would attempt to pink them just for giggles like I did with governor.

Also a lot of your "veteran players" have double or triple pink Abe after two amazing Hero weeks with him :)

Hm... I see your point, but I guess the answer is in your own post. If you take your example of Veteran players having a 3-pink stars Abe after only two hero weeks, you can tell the value of this event. And yes, it is AWESOME but it's also dangerous to our economy. If in two days one player can get more than 10,000 Abe Tokens, that's something we don't wanna run quite often, especially during a whole week like we did with Carol week.

The difference between the 10-Radio and 20-Radio call is that you have better chances in each card (18% to 21%), one extra card and minimum 32 tokens. So it's slightly better than the 10-Radio call, and there's some deeper analysis here: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/33197/carol-week-special-20call-post-your-call-results/p1 (Thanks @DLich)

And it's not planned yet, but if we are going have Abe on an event like Carol Week, we'll definitely take his current rarity and consideration. I agree that this event can be improved and I'll discuss it further with the team! :)
    Camel56 said:

You need to look at this issue a little closer. What is even the incentive to spend radios to upgrade a rare or even an epic Rick with this event. None as I it stands now. If the incentive was a Legendary weapon, then I'm sure most people would spend radios or purchase tokens to make the hero requirement to get that weapon. I did for Carol, spending TG at every restock and ran The Distance twice to get those needed tokens. I never had the Spear, but I did have that special pitchfork, but even fully upgraded, it's max damage was less than a same level weapon. Pretty much useless compared to a weapon of equal level, except for its unique attribute.

I agree that without a legendary item, the incentive is not so great, however, Rick is very popular among the players in general, so players that haven't unlocked him yet will have the chance even before the season ends. It's just a different event that it's now better for different players. But again, we always review our events afterwards, so we can always improve them if we ever run them again.

Regarding the Pitchfork/Spear causing less damage, it's to compensate for the fact that you can hit more walkers in one hit.
    jrodrf2 said:

> @Kaz said:

> Hey there!

>

> We are now analyzing the results of Carol's event to see how it went.

>

> Rick's week will give a Hero Boost, a lot of tokens, special calls with increased chances of getting rick tokens, but not a Legendary weapon if you upgrade his rarity. If we run Carol's event settings again, we'll let the players know some days in advance. And we will also consider the previous player's feedback and the fact that players could be saving some tokens.

>

> If we do something similar with Abe, we know that we have to also consider that most of the veteran/active players have him on elite 1-pink star already, so if we run this kind of event again, hopefully, it'll be a lot better than Carol event was! :)

>

> Thanks for the feedback!

Thank you for the feedback @Kaz! The hero events are alright, though I think I'd rather have the class bonus. My reasons are thus:

1) The class bonus allows me to pick the character I want from that class, including the potential use of heroes

2) NG's buffing of a hero is not likely to convince me to use said hero. I didn't use Carol at all during the event (aside from the season missions). I may use Rick, because I do favor ranged survivors and I happen to have some good badges on him. Which brings me to:

3) I will not spend 90-360 gold weekly to remove and replace badges to make the best use of the hero buff.

4) I didn't think I'd be in this camp, but I did find myself not upgrading two survivors on the chance (which I admittedly figured was small) that a special weapon may be available if I upgrade on your given week. *If you do continue with the hero events, I would agree with an opinion voiced by many here: if a special weapon is involved, it should be given for collecting X amount of tokens, to give everyone an opportunity to collect.

5) I will not do the hero call for 20 phones again. I tried 4 and got 32 Carol tokens. The rest were rare survivors for the cost of 60 phones a.k.a. a waste of 15 phones. I will stick to 15 calls and 40 calls from here on.

Let me end by saying that I hope you'll take this as constructive criticism. I don't like to be negative about this game and I hope I haven't come off as such. I thoroughly enjoy playing and I look forward to changes that keep things interesting and fun. I just don't think hero weeks are the way to go.

I think you have a lot of good points and you don't need to worry about being sounding negative or not. I don't even know what to say other than this is how I think an ideal-negative-but-constructive feedback should be, haha.

We'll try more stuff in the upcoming missions, so let's see how it goes!

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts, really appreciate that!
    Jaden