Badge crafting joke

psychwolf
psychwolf Member Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
Is there a reason critical chance and critical damage badges are so much more common than useful ones? I used all my legendary frags and components this morning, figuring I'd craft something good. Nope! Just a digital slap to the face. This kind of stuff makes me even more sour on the game. Do you know how much time it takes to accumulate those frags and components?
Oh yeah and getting blue critical chance badges while using all gold crap, real funny.
DeadheadsMichonor23PigBenisWellyLugamongo_nine_one_oneromeoTransmuteJunWhoareyouTheKingbigbeanoanniesprinklesBohemianbobbababooey

Comments

• TJS
    TJS Member Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You shouldn't have gotten an Epic (blue) badge of any type using all Gold components & fragment.

If that's what you are saying happened then you should put in a support ticket.

(I have similar results with my crafting of crit. chance & crit. dam.
    Your not alone there.)
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    JenngpsychwolfGradyGovernatorBWilsanniesprinklesimacharlie
  • Deadheads
    Deadheads Member Posts: 734
    Agreed. That's the main reason I don't buy bundles with frags/comps in it anymore. Its bad enough getting CC badges but getting them after buying stuff is infuriating.
    Michonor23psychwolfanniesprinklesimacharlieekimhclew
  • Michonor23
    Michonor23 Member Posts: 69
    I know what you mean, I hardly have any health badges.

Also, I hate when a badge doesn’t have a condition to meet too, especially if they are green or higher. First of all I NEED to get my green dot. Second, it sometimes makes the badge less valuable than a common or uncommon.
  • WellyLuga
    WellyLuga Member Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

I know what you mean, I hardly have any health badges.

Also, I hate when a badge doesn’t have a condition to meet too, especially if they are green or higher. First of all I NEED to get my green dot. Second, it sometimes makes the badge less valuable than a common or uncommon.

I sort of understand what you're saying here but I often like the condition free badges as you have a little more freedom with where you put them. If there's a marksman, retaliate, scout, hunter or whatever bonus you can often be limited with who you can use it to get the most of it. No condition = less stress :lol:
    1RisTCBRITOStalker20BWilsanniesprinkles
  • mongo_nine_one_one
    mongo_nine_one_one Member Posts: 228
    Badge = Crap

Badge Crafting = Badge Convoluted Crap...

( just my opinion... )
  • psychwolf
    psychwolf Member Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the odds? This also grinds my gears. Bulletproof on everything!
    Kratos
  • poguemahoun
    poguemahoun Member Posts: 26
    Just today I crafted a Leg Damage badge using a 1 star frag and four 2 star components. So that was nice. :)
    psychwolfMichonor23Stalker20romeoBWils
  • MudMoccasin
    MudMoccasin Member Posts: 953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I automatically scrap any Critical Chance badge!!! They haven't proved to advantageous even with Hunters using weapons that have the Gold Accurate trait (as if that matters--just an assumption)... I need more Damage (as in Skull icon) and Damage Reduction badges and really wish there was a way to increase the chances of what type of badges (i.e. %Damage, trait dependent badges, teammate dependent badges, ect.) and what badge set/number they will be.....
    psychwolfromeoBWils
  • NerfZone187
    NerfZone187 Member Posts: 788
    i dont bother crafting badges anymore
    ShayHa
  • capibara
    capibara Member Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thake it easy @psychwolf ...it's not so important... with bad badges and wrong traits you will avoid some grind and you will have more free time to enjoy life... or do you want really play those 2k stars every week?? :p
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. LINE ID: capyrodent
    My Recruiting den. Capy into Music History and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection, now DECA Collection.
    psychwolfDBonesromeoxbamfxbigbeanoanniesprinklesklman1612zeekdog
  • Artminius
    Artminius Member Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭
    I think that it's FAR past time that the 'secret formula' of badge crafting be revealed.
    Yeah, it was kinda cool pulling the slot machine lever. For a while.
    At end game, it's just a d**k punch to get my thirtieth crit damage badge. A badge that's almost useless because all TEN of my crit chance badges are already paired with my damage badges.
    (That's my strategy, because I'm aggressive DPS with assault and hunter: base damage and crit chance means I don't NEED health or damage reduction, because nothing can get within three squares of my nerds.)
    That said, I HAVE badged a few scouts and warriors to become tanks. Glenn Scout has one of my highest defense values! :-D Again, it works with my preferred style.

TLDR: I want to know what I'm able to get with fragments, and I'll happily save up until I can make badges that mean something to me, instead of filling my (unused) inventory.
    PigBenisWellyLuga
  • WellyLuga
    WellyLuga Member Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Artminius Respect. Play the game as you see fit. I've a feeling you might be saving those fragments for as long as the game exists though, I think there's zero chance they'll overhaul the entire crafting system so you can pick and choose what you need.
  • imacharlie
    imacharlie Member Posts: 137
    also, should be able to click on any badge, any time to scrap it. all this scrolling sux.
    DodkongStalker20JadenKyruspsychwolfShadowWalkerpositive1RisGovernator
  • euchid
    euchid Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭✭✭

also, should be able to click on any badge, any time to scrap it. all this scrolling sux.

Yes bring a scrap button, like the one for armor and weapons.

This find and locate for the bad badge i just created, to finally scrap it, gets tedious.
    JadenSCBMAimacharlieTJS
  • Marcus6253
    Marcus6253 Member Posts: 210 ✭✭✭✭
    There is a badge scrapping tool in the Badges section of workshop. You click on it and it shows all the badges in inventory including an indication of which are allocated and to which survivor. Click on any unallocated badge you want to scrap and hit Ok button; badges get scrapped. Easy peasy. Oh by the way you can also sort badges by type.
    imacharlieTCBRITOKyrus
  • imacharlie
    imacharlie Member Posts: 137

There is a badge scrapping tool in the Badges section of workshop. You click on it and it shows all the badges in inventory including an indication of which are allocated and to which survivor. Click on any unallocated badge you want to scrap and hit Ok button; badges get scrapped. Easy peasy. Oh by the way you can also sort badges by type.

not as easy as you make it sound. 1st you have to scroll, to identify...because you cant see what the badge is if you hit scrap 1st. then you have to hit scrap, re scroll several pages, then select (hopefully you remembered the position correctly because you cannot see the complete bade description) to scrap.
    considering i clean up badges as i acquire new fragments, i have to repeat this 10 times or so. pretty tedious.

would love to find, scrap it.
    TJSSCBMAWahooDawgmimicaTCBRITOGovernatorKyruseuchid
  • Artminius
    Artminius Member Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I just have a nerd in outpost that I throw junk onto and scrap the replaced badge.
    That said, I don't craft less than rare much. If I get in inventory pressure, I'll do a batch then use my scrapping nerd to blow out the junk.
    And sometimes I get a lucky epic!
    Stalker20
  • Overgrowdaworld
    Overgrowdaworld Member Posts: 536
    I get crazy lucky all the time! I love crafting!
    Just pulled this with a 4% chance at a legendary.......

psychwolfDodkong
  • LoneWanderer360
    LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish scrapping gave you components instead of xp. Even just one low level component would be better than xp.
    Grady