THANKS NG

xbamfx
xbamfx Member Posts: 1,421
Just got a chance to skim through some notes on upcoming Guild War modifications, I must say my early reaction is WOW!

The changes being implemented are amazing imo. I’m super excited about this upcoming season and wanted to say awesome job listening to your community of players. Thank you NG.
ShadowWalkertabernacmack22ScowleyWellyLugaGovernatorromeoKaz

Comments

• PigBenis
    PigBenis Member Posts: 1,126
    edited February 2019
    My reaction was positive, but overall "meh". GW gas is more available, but as I pointed out during the 1st GW week, there are different amounts of GW gas offered between the distance mode difficulties. After that, the GW gas rewards were the same between the two difficulties, but now it appears that it's going back to the original format, unless that is a typo. All players should have an equal opportunity to play GW, not just us maxed players.

Also, I played GW for the rewards and it's good to see that GW gas will be more available, but not at the cost of reducing Reward Points for missions. I'll still be able to complete the same number of missions each Battle, but will now earn less RP per Battle, so less rewards to unlock. Yes, I'll be able to play more Battles now due to more gas, but more difficult missions in late stages means more gold to spend on healing and this means that the cost of unlocking rewards has increased.

Boycott is still on for me. I don't intend to play in this upcoming Season. I have better things to do.
    xbamfxromeoDwemer
  • xbamfx
    @PigBenis to each their own, I think being able to collect gas both weeks is tremendous to all players, plus added difficulty really helps end gamers test themselves under incredible pressure to play fast but also smart so you beat the missions. I know many players from Nation Wars that would love this challenge in the later missions.

I was contemplating boycott as well but these changes are really good steps for NG to make imo and add some balance for ftp also.
    tabernacvshield50romeo
  • PigBenis
    I agree that it's a step in the right direction, but to halve RP earned per mission is not the right call in my opinion. This means that twice the time will be needed to be spent in game to earn the same rewards as normal and many players, including myself, believe that Saturdays are busy enough already with Challenge and Distance (to earn more GW gas). Additionally, twice the gold will need to be spent when compared to normal in order to heal survivors to get the same RP. These rewards aren't worth the added costs of time and gold to many players, including myself. All they've done is introduced a new grind in their new game mode and it won't be long before players complain about it.
    TCBRITO
  • xbamfx
    @PigBenis I think you’re jumping the gun a bit prematurely I would be surprised if the Rps are impacted that greatly because I earned tons of rps but still was unable to purchase every item from the shop completely.

I anticipate it will be modified to have less items but more impactful items available. I also think that the new layout will won’t be as difficult as you suggest maybe the final sector or so just to try and prevent folks from completing the entire board.

You have some valid concerns but let’s see what happens once the update is live, maybe you will like the outcome.
    vshield50romeo
  • PigBenis
    Kaz has confirmed already that the RP per mission have been cut in half, so this does mean twice as many Battles will need to be played to get the same RP as before. I find that I spend too much time playing on GW Saturdays as it is and I also find it difficult sometimes to get into Battles due to lack of players around. It will now be easier to Battle since the min is 5 players, but going into Battle with a full roster is preferential to try and earn the multiplier for both VP and RP.

One thing I hadn't considered until just now is that anyone who already uses 4+ keys per weekend will have their RP amounts cut pretty severely since they need twice as many keys as before to play in twice as many Battles to make up for the drastic cut in RP. So it's now necessary to organize 6 full Battles per weekend just to get the RP amounts from 3 Battles as awarded in Season 1 of GW. And since more keys won't be given out, the potential RP earned per weekend is capped at the equivalent of 3 Season 1 Battles, even if more gas is available. @Kaz isn't this a HUGE problem that was overlooked by the devs? This means that 12 keys need to be given out per weekend, which also means the amount of GW gas available, even though substantially increased, will be well short of what's needed to play in 12 Battles, so nothing has really changed...the RP values need to be kept as they are. See what I'm saying?
    RealClareBTCBRITOStaryi
  • xbamfx
    @PigBenis that is assuming the same amount of rewards are going to be in the shop and also assuming that their cost are the same as the previous system. I was able to buy up almost all that was there but I have no problem going for priority items as well if it’s not meant for you to purchase all items pretty much for free. I racked up close to 30k rps and that wasting 3 keys so it’s not impossible to earn enough to pretty much clear the shop. I’m hoping the price tags are reduced a bit to where max effort is rewarded. Let’s see how it goes first.
  • PigBenis
    Valid point, so assuming RP prices stay the same, or worse...have been increased (which I doubt), then the rewards possible to be earned have effectively been cut in half. That sucks in my opinion as the only reason I played was to unlock the rewards, which I thought were pretty good in Season 1.
    TCBRITO
  • xbamfx
    I would definitely like to buy all I can from the guild war shop but there were items in there that didn’t take priority for example abe tokens over Daryl or the random trait legendary pistol over the spear gun. Its a slight sting but we did get more gas opportunities so I guess this offsets so you still can’t get everything for “free”
  • SPC_TORRES
    SPC_TORRES Member Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI
    The pistol sucked

romeoSCBMATCBRITOKilldozer187_Buckzzxbamfx
  • Firekid
    Firekid Member Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @pigbenis, did you buy gas last season? As o can assure you without doing that you wouldn't have amassed enough RP to buy all the rewards in the shop. With the gas for spectate bug I was able to use 4 of my six keys and those 4 I had to ration my gas. Probably playing half the time. I was able to get most of the stuff I wanted but not all the abe tokens. If I can play nearly twice as much I am hoping I will enjoy it more and get similar rewards.
    TCBRITO
  • WellyLuga
    WellyLuga Member Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything here is pure speculation and guesswork. Gas available has been dramatically increased so we should be able to play twice the amount as previously without having to pay a vast amount of money for it. I'd suggest waiting until the end of the upcoming war, trying it and only then will you get a good representative of how everything is going to work.

We're getting twice the amount of gas for free so it's completely acceptable that there would be some sort of drawback to that.
  • PigBenis
    I didn't buy any GW gas for money. I spent only RP on gas and played Challenge and Distance as normal to easily get the GW gas rewards from those modes. No gold spent on restarts nor on healing during Challenge.

2 weekends I was able to play 4 full Battles more or less (1st and last I think) and my point is that I'd need to play 8 Battles each weekend now to get the same RP as playing then but with only 6 keys that's not possible. Also, since I will now need to play all 6 Battles to get the same RP as playing 3 Battles before, I will need 180-200 has and that still indicates there will be a shortage of GW gas unless I spend money.

So rewards are halved unless I spend twice as long playing and now put in some extra money to earn the additional gas needed. Still not enough of a change in my opinion but it's moving in the right direction, with the exception of RP being cut so badly.

Again, I feel the best option is to do away with GW gas and use keys as the currency and allow all missions to be played once a key is used and areas are completed to unlock new ones as it is now.

Give out 2 keys to start with and have offers to trade TG, gold, supplies, money in shops and allow 1 more per Distance and 1 per Challenge mode every week.
    TCBRITOBuckzz
  • PigBenis
    edited February 2019
    @WellyLuga it's not speculation, it's math.

Fact: Kaz confirmed RP per mission has been halved.

Fact: This means if a player was able to play a full Battle last Season because they had enough gas, they will need to play 2 full Battles this Season to earn the SAME RP as before.

Fact: If a player was able to play 4, 5, or 6 full Battles last Season because they spent money on GW gas, they would need to play 8, 10, or 12 Battles respectively this Season each GW weekend to earn the same amount of RP.

Fact: 6 keys are given out with no more possible to be earned this Season, so anyone playing more than 3 Battles last Season will earn less RP this Season.

Fact: Since VP wasn't changed, Guilds that had enough gas to play 3 full Battles per player per weekend last Season should see at least twice the VP this Season, assuming they now use up all 6 keys. This means higher levels of rewards should be easier to earn.

Speculation: Many guilds will still find if difficult to get enough players to play this game mode and use up all of their keys, further decreasing the amount of RP they earn. Now players must commit 6 hours each weekend to GW to earn the same amount of RP as they could in 3 Battles 1 day.

Speculation: Players will complain about the new grind and having to be on twice as long to get the same rewards as before.
    TCBRITOBuckzz
  • Firekid
    Fact - there wasn't enough gas to play 6 full missions without paying for it last season.
    JadenWellyLugaromeoTCBRITOBuckzzbigbeano
  • WellyLuga
    edited February 2019
    The only player this really hurts is the player who bought enough gas to be able to play 6 full battles as they will now earn half the amount of rewards per mission for the same amount of time. I personally only had enough gas for maybe 2 full battles and a few bit part ones. Under the new system I should have enough gas to play 100% in maybe 4 battles, possibly more. There are RPs earned for playing in a battle and for winning and there was no mention of this being halved (that I've seen). So whilst we earn less RPs per mission played I don't think our total will be directly cut in half, but that remains to be seen.

I guess I'll just leave you to go on and on about the changes and go back to being happy that they have taken positive steps to improve the game mode. You have your facts and you have your speculation, they may turn out to be right but at the moment you don't truly know how the new system is going to behave until we have tried it.
    romeoFirekidBuckzz
  • PigBenis
    edited February 2019
    The thing about numbers is that they don't care about emotions. The numbers will show what I say and you WILL need to spend twice the amount of time playing this Season to get the same amount of RP as last Season. That's just how math works but what do I know...I only have minors in math and chemistry with a Bachelor's in Chemical Engineering. Maybe math works differently for the uneducated?
    WellyLuga
  • WellyLuga
    edited February 2019
    Not everyone is so bothered by the numbers. Yes, we will earn half the RP per mission and will have to play twice as many missions to get that, no one is disputing that. I'll take that though as it's a fair trade off. The RP per battle isn't cut though so say we earn 250 RP completing a battle and 250 RP from completing missions in the old system, only the 2nd part has been cut in half. 375 (not 250) vs 500 but with double the gas available.

Personally I'm more bothered about the quality of the rewards I'm able to buy with my RP. Considering VP hasn't been cut and the tier requirements have been reduced by 10%, with double gas in the game for free many more guilds will reach the upper tiers. I'd rather have a little less RP and be able to buy the best stuff than have lots I can't use because my guild never unlocked the best rewards...
  • Firekid
    I'm personally looking forward to being able to play guild wars twice as much though. You make it sound like it's a bad thing?
    WellyLuga
  • PigBenis
    Why work twice as much as you need to get the same result?

There is already enough going on with the Distance, Challenge, and any events on Saturdays that might take up game time. I'd rather not spend more time playing than I need to for the same outcome.
    TCBRITO
  • Kirnas
    Kirnas Member Posts: 33
    I have almost the same feeling than PigBenis.
    Doing twice missions in guild wars to have the same reward, damn that's awful :-(
    I think i would prefer the previous version.
    There is too much things to do on Saturday and Sunday (challenge, distance, GW)...
    TCBRITO
  • rchap
    rchap Member Posts: 82
    Maybe the way to look at this was that the first season offered double normal rewards to get people excited about GW. Now, we are on to normal rewards for this season.
  • PigBenis
    Using the same reasoning, GW gas should have been cheaper and more readily available in the first Season to hype up the new game mode.

Gold Wars will still be Gold Wars this Season, but now people will be spending gold and money to buy gold for healing and money on gas boosters to play Distance and Challenge on the weekend since GW now requires twice the amount of time to get the same rewards as before. At least, that's what I'm sure the powers to be at NG feel. I also agree that the old format would be more preferential but with VP per mission doubled and the tier adjustments made as well. And maybe make GW gas available on GW off weeks as rewards instead of being available both weeks. I'm all for playing less to get same rewards and using the extra 3 hours for other things in game or out.
  • Firekid
    The rewards in guild wars are awesome! You don’t find the sort of rewards you get from GW anywhere else in the game so yes GW gas is expensive and the don’t want to give to much away for free. I got two spear guns, some epic frags a leg frag an epic huntsmans Daryl and some abe tokens this cost me 1300 gold and a distance restart (where I also got frags and hero tokens etc). What I missed out on was the chance for the chainsaw or the master stage HD tokens. With the extra gas and the reduced tier levels I’m hoping to get the new RPG in place of the abe tokens and second spear gun and I’m thinking I should be able to get all that without spending gold this time. Hell maybe we will even get to the master level for some extra SR tokens.
    xbamfx