Post mission reward crates (gold grab)

psychwolf
psychwolf Member Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was excited to play the new story missions. After 2 missions I've mistakenly hit 25 gold to open 3 extra crates both times. Sure it's on me to be more vigilant but after years of playing, it's an automatic reaction to tap that same spot where watch video used to be. Reversing that is a sneaky move on NG's part. If I already wasted 50 gold, imagine how many other players have done the same thing.
romeomsapaevred111ATLAS-Zbanzaiflyingcowking

Comments

• psychwolf
    One of my guildmates just confirmed they've done the same thing twice. Big intentional gold grab from NG. Guess what? I refuse to make any in game purchases and support underhanded tactics like this.
    anthony172DrhooDonCoqui
  • DrUnpleasant
    DrUnpleasant Member Posts: 546
    On the other hand, once you're used to it it'll mean you actually make the mistake less - as you won't get the issue where you run out of adverts and the gold appears in the same spot.

I'd give them a bit of credit on this. Short term pain, but long term improvement.
    NezoDrhooSPCDeathwish19flyingcowkingclausLene
  • psychwolf
    Yes but why reverse the order from where it's ALWAYS been? You'd be a fool to think that wasn't intentional. You give them credit for putting the 25 gold option where they should've put use free unlocks?
    DonCoqui
  • Dbl_Edge_DEP
    Dbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't made that mistake and don't expect to. Just takes a second to stop and check.
    As much as NG is a company I don't think they have an evil / maniacal plan to siphon our pockets every given chance.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    romeoTCBRITODeathwish19KyrusDodkongDonCoqui
  • Drhoo
    Drhoo Member Posts: 131
    Ah..the conspiracy theory;)
    TCBRITOShadowWalker
  • psychwolf
    It's no "theory" rather than a fact that they reversed the order on purpose. Out of the thousands of players, I'm sure many people have made the mistake at least once. That's adds up to a lot of gold.
    DonCoqui
  • psychwolf
    edited June 2019
    Playing the first missions of the day, you assume the extra unlocks would be at the top left where it's always been. It's a completely deceitful tactic. Do you honestly think they didn't have this in mind by reversing the order?
    DonCoqui
  • psychwolf
    Their priority was to put the gold option first when they SHOULD HAVE put the extra unlocks option first. Of course that was their plan because that was the way they implemented it!
    dalmer
  • andy75
    andy75 Member Posts: 257 ✭✭✭✭
    Bet the upgrade trait button didn’t get moved. 🤣
    romeoxbamfx
  • Nommae
    Nommae Member Posts: 32
    The new order makes more sense. The gold option moved between the bottom and top location depending on if you had ads available. Having the gold button be consistently in the same location makes more sense from a UI perspective, in a few days it will be a non-issue.
    DrUnpleasantJadenTripod
  • Killdozer187_
    Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't even played a mission to check yet.

I'm being reprogrammed by Sky-net to not care anymore LOL
    GovernatorJenngMFJigsawShadowWalkerbigbeanoSCBMA
  • Bill666
    Bill666 Member Posts: 10
    There's a big orange star that says 'FREE' on the free unlock button, too many conspiracy theorists on here.
    DodkongKilldozer187_MFJigsawclausLenebigbeano
  • psychwolf
    Hey @Bill666 go fuck yourself you fucking cunt. And @Vaine fuck you too and NG for your bullshit
    JadenTCBRITOdalmerMFJigsawclausLeneDrhooShadowWalkerStalker20bigbeanozeekdogRiotZappaDonCoquiKarajoca
  • psychwolf
    How much has the gold spending increased? Gonna tell us that? I'm sure it's a massive amount. And for the final time, you don't switch around something that has been there forever. It's a reaction after thousands of missions to tap the top option. Bye NG and bye NML. Eat a dick
    ShadowWalkerRiotZappaDonCoqui
  • Firekid
    Firekid Member Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bye!
    romeoTCBRITOJadenShadowWalkerbigbeanoDonCoqui
  • Jenng
    Jenng Member Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My throatpunching hand sensed a situation. This is quite the tantrum and public display going on in this thread and probably regretted when emotions are stable. A discussion can be heated and still respectful.

RWSJadenSPC_TORRESShadowWalkerKyrusGovernatorbigbeanoDonCoquiSCBMA
  • Dbl_Edge_DEP
    Dbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn... That 50 gold must have been precious
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    JenngxbamfxJadenRealClareBShadowWalkerKyrusGovernatorbigbeanoRiotZappa
  • xbamfx
    xbamfx Member Posts: 1,421
    Well that escalated quickly. I made the same mistake last night moving fast. Guess what? I never clicked it by accident again after 100+ missions already. Ever heard the expression “Live and Learn”? It’s not that serious @psychwolf and to be honest 25 gold isn’t jack to many players if they learn a valuable lesson in the process.
    MFJigsawJenngGovernatorDonCoquiSCBMA
  • Jaden
    Jaden Member Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn... That 50 gold must have been precious

Handspun by Rumpelstiltskin...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    SPC_TORRESJenngDbl_Edge_DEPGovernatorRaven2318bigbeanoSCBMA
  • Mario_Romero
    Mario_Romero Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    psychwolf said:

Hey @Bill666 go fuck yourself you fucking cunt. And @Vaine fuck you too and NG for your bullshit

psychwolf said:

How much has the gold spending increased? Gonna tell us that? I'm sure it's a massive amount. And for the final time, you don't switch around something that has been there forever. It's a reaction after thousands of missions to tap the top option. Bye NG and bye NML. Eat a dick

I'm sure it was all tongue in cheek though.

JenngromeoGovernatorSCBMA
  • Mario_Romero
    Mario_Romero Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get a "sorry Vaine, it was a mistake" thread?
    JenngDBonesSPC_TORRESGovernatorJadenSCBMA
  • Cronus
    Cronus Member Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vaine , please tell Stu hello!
    SPC_TORRESJenngGovernatorJadenSCBMA
  • Bill666
    Bill666 Member Posts: 10
    @psychwolf, poor baby lost his rattle again, you precious little baby, stamping your feet, crying for attention while the grown ups are talking...
    KyrusWalkerslayer82GovernatorShadowWalkerbigbeanoTripodTimboskiDonCoqui
  • Governator
    Governator Member Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missed all the posts... was still at my court-ordered anger management class. :sunglasses:
    JadenShadowWalkerbigbeanoJenngKyrusRiotZappaDonCoquiSCBMA
  • Vane
    Vane Member Posts: 228
    All right, let's lock this thread for now, I think it has lived its course.

If you have any similar or other issues related to this, please send me a private message via the forums, I am happy to discuss it there.

/closed
    ShadowWalkerJadenWalkerslayer82TripodGovernatorJenngDonCoqui
This discussion has been closed.