Increased return for scrapping survivors?

psychwolf
psychwolf Member Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
I remember this used to happen from time to time. Where the token value was increased for scrapping regular toons. Is this going to happen again or can someone shed some light on this?
DanielBezvshield50Tripod

Comments

• vshield50
    vshield50 Member Posts: 2,243
    This is a response I got from Fluxx. Here is the thread. I am guessing you mean the event we had about a month ago but thought it may be relevant here:

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/40604/will-survivor-scrap-rates-be-raised
    psychwolf
  • psychwolf
    Ah thanks, yeah hopefully they bring it back cause I have a 2 pink shooter and hunter I want to scrap but the return is not worth it.
  • PigBenis
    PigBenis Member Posts: 1,126
    With reroll tokens now, why scrap? Are they that bad?
  • vshield50
    vshield50 Member Posts: 2,243
    > @PigBenis said:
    > With reroll tokens now, why scrap? Are they that bad?

If you have 3 survivors then scrapping 1 would be helpful. Or in cases like shooter when perhaps rarely you would need 2 then it can be helpful.
  • psychwolf
    I have a unicorn hunter and shooter already. That's all I really need. Along with Sasha and Aaron, I can't justify holding onto any others.
  • PigBenis
    PigBenis Member Posts: 1,126
    I just figured for The Distance, you'd want more "better survivors" rather than a short list of perfect traited ones. I've heard a lot of top players say that they wouldn't invest into 4th and 5th pink stars for their survivors if they could do things over and would rather have more 3 pink survivors on their roster. They usually say the rate of return isn't worth it and then they have more teams to work with during the Challenge as their Hospital fills and survivors become unavailable.
    ShayHaZette
  • psychwolf
    I can complete the distance without resorting to another hunter and shooter. There are enough heroes to go around for that. As far as the challenge, when my hospital fills up it's at higher RSL and ranged are out of the equation. I don't mind having 2 non-hero scouts and bruisers.
    Sg_Death
  • DanielBez
    DanielBez Member Posts: 114
    I almost can see a near future with no regular survivors... Just heroes...
    tabernac
  • tabernac
    tabernac Member Posts: 804
    DanielBez said:

I almost can see a near future with no regular survivors... Just heroes...

Personally, in terms of the challenges I'm pretty much already there. I have a non-hero Bruiser and Scout that see a little bit of action, and a non-hero Assault that gets used only if there is a map like Archives in the mix...
    WellyLugaDanielBezBWilsandy75
  • DanielBez
    DanielBez Member Posts: 114
    With re-roll tokens, heroes can be (almost) perfect. Plus, using good badges kills all the pink stars we've hard conquered. I still use regular survivors too, but I really think they will be over sooner or later...
    tabernac