• Troublemaker
    Troublemaker Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree!
  • Billbam
    Billbam Member Posts: 1,179
    It sucks!
  • Stalker20
    Stalker20 Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way 🆖 have done it without any announcement or bug fix notes does indeed suck.
  • ladre5
    ladre5 Member Posts: 225 ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone pls explain what u guys mean...
  • bladgier
    bladgier Member Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @ladre5 said:
    > Can someone pls explain what u guys mean...

Huntsman Daryl's trait (and those using it under his lead) , when he is charged and you activate the charge attack whilst prowling (not directly attacking the walker) used to be almost 0% of bodyshot.
  • Firekid
    Firekid Member Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bladgier wasn’t almost 0% it was 0%! One good thing about not having the update yet means I was able to utilise it for the distance today! 😀 done that now though so would quite like to update my game now please!
  • Karajoca
    Karajoca Member Posts: 354
    It was definitely 0% bodyshot and brining massive damage increase for scouts+ garanteed stun for bruisers.
    People who say this is not true, may not realise that YOU HAVE TO PRESS charge button, then prowl with it BUT not finish move. Result - non body shot deal, charge attack kept.

It was a big advantage that caused some crazy scores for certain map sets where this can be very usable. I don't blame anyone for taking advantage of it, of course, but i am really glad it's gone now.
  • ATLAS-Z
    ATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Karajoca said:
    > It was definitely 0% bodyshot and brining massive damage increase for scouts+ garanteed stun for bruisers.
    > People who say this is not true, may not realise that YOU HAVE TO PRESS charge button, then prowl with it BUT not finish move. Result - non body shot deal, charge attack kept.
    >
    > It was a big advantage that caused some crazy scores for certain map sets where this can be very usable. I don't blame anyone for taking advantage of it, of course, but i am really glad it's gone now.

Yeah, I used it plenty but I'm not to sad it's gone. It's a whole new world baby.

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM or message ATLAS#5063 on Discord

• rchap
    rchap Member Posts: 82
    @Karajoca - I don't see how it was an advantage since the same conditions existed for everyone - as they will again after this "fix". I don't care whether the trait worked as it did before or as it does after the update, as everyone is playing under the same conditions.

I guess I don't see the point of making a big fuss about it, but I do take issue with NG not putting the change in the update notes. THAT, is misleading and wrong.
  • psychwolf
    psychwolf Member Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a fair playing field before like @rchap said. I would be mad if I spent money investing in HD expecting that's how his leader trait was always intended to work. Very sneaky for NG not to mention the nerf.
  • ShadowWalker
    ShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @rchap said:
    > @Karajoca - I don't see how it was an advantage since the same conditions existed for everyone - as they will again after this "fix". I don't care whether the trait worked as it did before or as it does after the update, as everyone is playing under the same conditions.
    >
    > I guess I don't see the point of making a big fuss about it, but I do take issue with NG not putting the change in the update notes. THAT, is misleading and wrong.

Not everyone knew about the glitch, so if you were using it you definitely had an advantage over those players. Maybe not a huge one, but still an advantage.

Maybe NG could've just said "Fixed glitch involving Daryl's prowl ability." Is it really that big of a deal though? It's pretty routine to fix bugs and glitches during updates.
  • psychwolf
    Nerfing one of the main and most used characters in the game is a pretty big deal tbh.
  • Firekid
    @psychwolf is it a nerf if it’s a bug though? It was clearly overpowered and I think most sensible people realised it would be fixed/nerfed eventually.
  • Firekid
    I’m wondering if they’ve also fixed the 100% chance of daryls teammates to avoid triggering freeman overwatch at the same time? (Daryl himself seemed to be 0% chance of avoiding freeman overwatch).
  • psychwolf
    Lol NG shouldn't have released it as a bug then and taken a year or longer to "fix" it when they never mentioned it.
  • ShadowWalker
    ShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I said this in another thread, where does it say in Daryl's LT ability that if you press the charge button that it guarantees you to stun and critical hit enemies during prowl?

It's an obvious bug. If you were able to take advantage of it for a year, then good for you. However, it's not fair to players who were unaware of it. Also don't try to act like that's how his ability was designed, you people are smarter than that and knew it was a bug and that it would eventually be fixed.

In another mobile game I use to play, there was a glitch that would allow you to teleport whenever you wanted. I exploited it and had fun, but when they fixed it I didn't complain about it. The developers never mentioned it because obviously if they announced it that would've increased the amount of players abusing the glitch. That's probably the same reason NG has been silent about Daryl.

They definitely should've fixed it earlier, it was probably a "low priority" issue though, or they had no idea how to fix it. They do seem to have a high turnover rate in employees.
  • Karajoca
    Karajoca Member Posts: 354
    @rchap Yes everyone have same condition, but i don't like when i 'have to' use it so i can be competitive with other high scorers. I am ambitious, and have a solid goal of being around top 100 every week. We both know this trait, how it worked, is the reason of some incredible scores on the board in recent past. I like that i won't have to score 2300+ to be in top100 in some challenges good for prowling.
    That's all

@psychwolf yeah, let's act we don't know how game works and "be tricked" by NG that pressing charge button and not finishing attack is now new super move and way to play a game. It didn't work as intended and you knew that very well. It was a matter of time when it will be gone!
  • rchap
    rchap Member Posts: 82
    @ShadowaceAz - The game is rife with glitches and poorly worded explanations, including some that have yet to be fixed. Not every player knows about all of them either, including some that have played this game for years. This game is interesting because players can test and experiment with many heroes and strategies. While regular Forum users are more knowledgeable about these various "glitches", many are not. Do those that know of every glitch have an advantage over those that don't? Maybe, but that knowledge is learned through testing, playing and strategizing.

I have a guildmate that has played for years and just learned that there was even a Daryl glitch that had existed. Yet, she used and played with Daryl all the time, not knowing that she was taking advantage of a glitch. In her shoes, I'd be mad if I learned suddenly that Daryl was nerfed without hearing or understanding why.

I used Daryl all the time and rerolled him to take full advantage of his LT. The wording is vague enough to not be 100% sure it was a glitch, but I figured it was. I have no issue with them fixing it. But as it does affect gameplay and strategy using him, NG should have put the change in notes. At least let people clearly know he was still not working as intended (he already had one previous update to fix his LT).
  • psychwolf
    If it wasn't working as intended then NG should have announced that. I figured his trait was released as it should have been and NG did their due diligence in testing. It was an even playing field nonetheless.
  • berg280
    berg280 Member Posts: 143
    damn am I the only one who dont use glitches in this game? lol
  • Billbam
    I think what it all comes down to is NG developers are not good enough/under staffed to be able to anticipate what the affects of certain changes or designs will be and their beta testing is also under qualified to find any unforeseen affects. Anyone remember the stabby Rick fiasco, you mean testing didn't show that problem? Once a feature is released and it is not working as they intended they need to either fix it, block it like they did SR leader trait or put updated notes out saying that this is wrong and will be resolved in future updates.
  • Jenng
    Jenng Member Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh. Em. Geeeeee.

I just thought he was a badass. He was virused this whole time? Dreams crushed. Wishes dashed.

• JayUGin
    JayUGin Member Posts: 20
    edited September 2019
    @Karajoca

Yay. You done did you job playa. Fair play from you, respect, though I totally didn’t like your whine. Like, if you don’t know such loopholes, you suck at the smallest communication.
    Sneaky from NG not to mention it. How about you cry some more so the dev-team finally fix Jesus’ LT, so we ALL could have the X% boost of the TOTAL damage, not the basic damage, for Jesus’ sake! FIX JESUS’ LEADER TRAIT! DO NOT FIX THE DESCRIPTION! FINALLY FREAKING FIX THIS.
    Damn, you grind my gears with that.
  • Firekid
    @psychwolf I had to laugh at the line “assumed NG did due diligence in testing it” you’ve played this game long enough to know that doesn’t happen!! 😂
  • WellyLuga
    WellyLuga Member Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Agree completely @Karajoca

I am not strong willed enough and way too competitive to not use the strongest strategies available. Even if they are cheap and the least enjoyable. Thank God the days of Daryl, Glenn & Rick should mostly be done!

I don't know about everyone else but I care about this game, this missus will say maybe more than I ought to! But I just want it to be the best version of itself and it was never going to be that with his trait working that way.
  • JayZ
    JayZ Member Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP Prowl Bag. We hardly knew ya.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
  • romeo
    romeo Member Posts: 583 ✭✭✭
    Never a fan of HD but now we are back to Pew pew pew
  • NerfZone187
    NerfZone187 Member Posts: 788
    #RIP DirtBag Darryl

2019/2019
  • Billbam
    Doubt if any of the pew pew upgrades will do much in the end. Now it will go back to two bruisers and stabby rick behind with spear.