Ranged still sucks

psychwolf
psychwolf Member Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
I figured ranged would be buffed this update but nothing came of it. Could have just increased piercing and sold us some silent ranged weapons but nope. Could have developed a viable ranged trait but nope. I find it sad that there could have been a number of things implemented to improve the actual gameplay that weren't. It shows that this game is in it's death throes. It will be milked until it dries up and it already has for many.
ignasladre5DrhooRealClareB

Comments

• psychwolf
    Before people chime in with Alpha, come on. You know she won't be a game changer.
    MFJigsaw
  • boosh
    boosh Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish there was a try it before you buy it option. :p give Baldy a good break in.
    JenngbigbeanoDrhoo
  • Billbam
    Billbam Member Posts: 1,179
    Good thing there was plenty of gold and other goodies in the bundles
    Timboski
  • psychwolf
    Harpoon bundle was a good value for all the extras for sure but I regret purchasing it now. I didn't actually need any of those extras. Credit to NG for making money where they can.
    Sg_Death
  • Grendel
    Grendel Member Posts: 305
    edited September 2019
    The Master Missions (which I love) actually caused me to not use ranged at all this challenge. For variety, I normally use ranged up until the point where they can't 3-star anymore; then I switch to melee. With the Master Missions, I went straight to melee.

I'm having fun goofing around with the new ranged trait and weapons, but I don't really see anything to change existing strategies.
    dlbNezoSgtSalami
  • Burmeliinis
    Burmeliinis Member Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know, I use some ranged still on Pyre and Emergency exit.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    Sg_Death
  • psychwolf
    Those maps could be done strictly with melee though. Sure you could mix in ranged on a few maps but it's always melee at the highest levels.
  • ATLAS-Z
    ATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Hey man, you don't know yet, maybe Alpha will have some cool new strategy (cough-bug) like when she body shots everyone's revenge trait simultaneously activates with charged-Critical-threat-reducing-silent-hits??

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM or message ATLAS#5063 on Discord

FahqbendoverbigbeanopsychwolfJadenJenngboosh
  • WellyLuga
    WellyLuga Member Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I mean once you get Alpha to 7/8* and pair with gold piercing the reduction in body shots becomes higher for ranged than for melee.

That plus the boost to crits and potential stun chance. I don't think it will be enough to overtake melee but it should close the gap a lot.
    Stalker20ShadowWalker
  • Burmeliinis
    Burmeliinis Member Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Partly I think it's wrong to call melee in general hugely overpowered. It's just that Rick & Daryl's leader traits are both so great. Rick does by far the highest charge damage and Daryl's LT is great both for scouts and bruisers. Pair that with scout's ability to move far, reduce threat and hit hard from 2 spaces away with the Kingdom spear and you have a combo that's hard to beat. So in many ways it's just that 2 heroes are better than the others, just like everyone used Sasha in the lead before.

So let's hope Alpha is as good or better than she looks. Also it wouldn't hurt to improve Sniper Morgan, as I don't think anyone is using him now. Maybe increase his damage a lot, like double damage instead of the around +50% now, which really only means his hits are about the same damage as hits during your own turn.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    Stalker20ShadowWalkerignas
  • reekookr
    reekookr Member Posts: 209
    edited September 2019
    They kind of screwed themselves giving you option to make melee characters ranged. Without these spears youd probably would be closer to balance. Its not the ranged that are unbalanced, its the scouts game/mechanic changing p2w weapons.
    ShadowWalker
  • Billbam
    Billbam Member Posts: 1,179
    The lack of threat reduction for ranged is the problem with ranged, can't have huge spawns decent upon us at level 40+. If weapons like bows and harpoons were silenced like the winter bow we would have a game where we could mix ranged and melee.
    SgtSalamiromeoTCBRITOStalker20CaptainslayerArtminius
  • ShadowWalker
    ShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I am not entirely sold on the the new traits, but I haven't really gotten a chance to try them out yet.

I do think Alpha will be pretty good, but I don't think one new hero is enough of a boost for ranged. I mean assaults were completely ignored in this update!

Ironically melee has probably improved more than ranged in this update. Warriors now have a guaranteed critical hit for charged attacks and we will be getting the dragon's tongue (another OP melee weapon, but hey hunter's have those RPGs!).
    booshGradyCaptainslayer
  • Deadheads
    Deadheads Member Posts: 734
    Billbam said:

The lack of threat reduction for ranged is the problem with ranged, can't have huge spawns decent upon us at level 40+. If weapons like bows and harpoons were silenced like the winter bow we would have a game where we could mix ranged and melee.

Bingo. Silenced is great but not as great as TR.
    SPCbigbeano
  • Stalker20
    Stalker20 Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If these types of weapon were silent then you could throw a tr scout in the mix.
    romeo