Abolish this doorway GW map

psychwolf
psychwolf Member Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
This map is ridiculous at 41 and completely unbalanced. Tanks and metal heads, continuous spawning WITH a spawn countdown, so if you try ranged it creates more threat. The two horribly placed explosive barrels that walkers never group around.
The worst part; is the single file doorway you have to hope isn't blocked! Don't stun a walker or get grabbed in that doorway or you shall not pass! You'll quickly get overrun.
But the real kick in the nuts is the kill 15 walkers requirement. If you happen by some miracle to get through that door, there's no going to the finish for you. You only get swarmed and hammered from all directions until you die.
A few of my guildmates got destroyed by this map and couldn't clear the sector, so I'm not just speaking for myself. Do some reevaluation @Fluxxx because there's no excuse for how excessive this map is.
Sg_DeathRealClareBmaku11romeoStalker20MFJigsawPicKarajoca

Comments

• psychwolf
    edited April 2020
    The screenshots don't do it justice. There's another tank and a bunch more walkers you have to deal with on the other side of the wall.
    romeo
  • ATLAS-Z
    ATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And that's not even the worst map...

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM or message ATLAS#5063 on Discord

psychwolfromeoShadowWalkerStalker20
  • Burmeliinis
    Burmeliinis Member Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as there aren't tanks it's possible. Here an armored walker blocks the 1 space doorway but I still made it.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    TJCartromeo
  • psychwolf
    edited April 2020
    Exactly, how are these maps generated? It isn't the worst of it. There were only 2 passable maps for me in 4E. It was impossible to close out the sector because the others were so unbalanced. Not one of them was a kill all map either.
    The worst are these maps with continuing spawns, as well as a countdown spawn. So you have to battle through a choke point to advance, but by that time spawns are coming behind you so you can't fall back and you have a wall of death in front of you. I'm at 45 in the challenge and got destroyed by these certain types of maps at 40-41. How does anyone pass these? How does anyone pass 43-45 difficulty maps like this? It's mind boggling. Kill 15 huh? How about just make it to the damn finish alive? Or don't make us open a gate at the end. Or end the continuous spawns when there's already a countdown. Pick a lane.
    romeoBurmeliinisStalker20ADPaqKarajoca
  • Stalker20
    Stalker20 Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had one yesterday where Rick got into a struggle and there was no way my bruisers could rescue him, please rework these maps so this cannot happen.
    romeo
  • LoneWanderer360
    LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely hate the continuous spawning. Especially in the "search for clues" maps, because you basically remove one team member from the fight so they can go open crates.
    Stalker20psychwolfADPaqromeo
  • Cronus
    Cronus Member Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @psychwolf said:
    > Exactly, how are these maps generated? It isn't the worst of it. There were only 2 passable maps for me in 4E. It was impossible to close out the sector because the others were so unbalanced. Not one of them was a kill all map either.
    > The worst are these maps with continuing spawns, as well as a countdown spawn. So you have to battle through a choke point to advance, but by that time spawns are coming behind you so you can't fall back and you have a wall of death in front of you. I'm at 45 in the challenge and got destroyed by these certain types of maps at 40-41. How does anyone pass these? How does anyone pass 43-45 difficulty maps like this? It's mind boggling. Kill 15 huh? How about just make it to the damn finish alive? Or don't make us open a gate at the end. Or end the continuous spawns when there's already a countdown. Pick a lane.

It’s relatively simple to beat maps 5E and 4F. Even 5F for that matter. You just need lvl 18 toons using lvl 30 gear. Didn’t you wonder how someone could get over 1,000 RP?
    TJCartStalker20Firekidpsychwolfmaku11ManselleromeoPicGovernator
  • Firekid
    Firekid Member Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @psychwolf there are two maps which need to be taken out or reworked. The one you had and the one with the doorway right in front of you with a spawn pile on either side.
    I made a complaint about the one you had. It had 2 spikers and two fatties on it. Nearly always the fatty was in the doorway, it was a 42 though and only one needed to clear the sector. So frustrating.
    psychwolf
  • Billdinger
    Billdinger Member Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭
    To hell with this garbage map.
    romeo
  • avelardez
    avelardez Member Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    @psychwolf
    The DoomSlayer gots you covered. Check out my other videos on my channel. This was from day one this war. Playing again tomorrow in battle 8.

https://youtu.be/9FOLlNmjXhA

https://youtu.be/309CYexgFGo
    Stalker20romeo
  • avelardez
    edited April 2020
    My map. Was playing cautious and got destroyed this year when GW came back. Played safe and then last war went for it and passed them levels like nothing. Just that last 45 is getting to me because attacks gone. But have a plan or tomorrow. Last war was not so good. We doing good so far.
    rogueDS
  • rogueDS
    rogueDS Member Posts: 598
    Hats off dang hope I dont vs you tomorrow lol
  • Firekid
    @avelardez thats interesting, so you guys are doubling up on the harder sectors to get more vp, and happy to give up on the additional RP for it? Interesting strategy...
  • TJCart
    TJCart Member Posts: 410
    Hmm, but does that also offset missing out on the VP bonuses from clearing additional sectors, even if they are lower? Time to run the math!

Well... even if I did. I'm not sure I'd want to miss out on those RP bonuses, for a slightly greater chance at winning the 1.5x
  • Firekid
    It’s less than if they had done what they did plus 2c-5c. But depends on how many fails they had.
  • rogueDS
    We don't hav enough attacks to clear all sectors so seems worth it to 2x up a few times.
  • avelardez
    Someone is paying attention. The DoomSlayer has spoken.

https://youtu.be/9eRQXY6ZwEw
    ATLAS-Zromeo
  • ATLAS-Z
    @avelardez hey DS how have you got Sasha badged?

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

• avelardez
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > @avelardez hey DS how have you got Sasha badged?

I use 3 damage and 3 CC badges.
    ATLAS-Zromeo
  • Burmeliinis
    Burmeliinis Member Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Interesting strategy to use Sasha. Do you also use it when there are no barrels?

I assume Sasha has critical aim and therefore you prioritize cc badges over cd badges?
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    ATLAS-Zromeoavelardez
  • ATLAS-Z
    > @avelardez said:
    > > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > > @avelardez hey DS how have you got Sasha badged?
    >
    > I use 3 damage and 3 CC badges.

Excellent me too.

I thought so judging from your rolls but wanted to be sure.

Our page :

rogueDSromeoavelardez
  • rogueDS
    Would you both recommend that. I'll do it next free badge removal event. @avelardez @ATLAS-Z
  • ATLAS-Z
    I actually love it with CA trait.

Makes it much more useful.

I'll be caving soon on revenge too... Marksman will be going bye bye. On Sasha at least.

Our page :

romeo
  • xbamfx
    xbamfx Member Posts: 1,421
    If you would have seen my sectors a few days ago you would have quit NML. It was pure shit show throughout. Blockade and rape your ass over and over and over 😆. Bloody Lucille was not getting the love she deserved from bam Negan god dammit.
    rogueDSromeoFirekidpsychwolfJayZ
  • JayZ
    JayZ Member Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbamfx said:

If you would have seen my sectors a few days ago you would have quit NML. It was pure shit show throughout. Blockade and rape your ass over and over and over 😆. Bloody Lucille was not getting the love she deserved from bam Negan god dammit.

This guy almost failed as many missions as he succeeded :joy::joy::joy:

Anyways - I agree, the doorway/chokepoint maps are some huge shite. I think they do force players to be more strategic, but it's currently too imbalanced. Please at least make the doorways 2 spaces wide if you are going to keep these maps.

(Also, autospawn, gate, and regular spawns should never be in the same map. Pick 2 of 3 to make it harder, but all 3 is ridiculous. Even autospawn and regular spawn is insane on some maps)
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    PicromeoStalker20
  • xbamfx
    xbamfx Member Posts: 1,421
    I mean I like a good challenge from time to time but sheesh I got like 4x kill 15 walkers with 45s breathing down my shittin pants 👖. Is this the mfking love i get for killing alpha? You bastards unleash the horde on bam??? Smh this coming war I will show Lucille true power! I need them to know me.......
    Pic
  • Pic
    Pic Member Posts: 649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't agree more! Boo door way