Missions lagging since update.

mack22
mack22 Member Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
I thank you for the update NG and the little tweaks, especially the upgrade to the health bar.

But does anyone else have the same lag of 8-10 seconds before you can make a move after starting a mission?

ShadowWalkerMFJigsaw8900rpmLoneWanderer360

Comments

• Lucildence
    Lucildence Member Posts: 8
    Yes. This is also happening to me. Not sure if its my device or game related.
    MFJigsaw
  • tabernac
    tabernac Member Posts: 804
    I’m seeing this as well on Android.
    MFJigsaw
  • Novell
    Novell Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    Me too on Android!
    Proud member of WEIRDnDEADLY
  • hunter_x
    hunter_x Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    new update new lag
    simple as that
    Walkerslayer82
  • romeo
    romeo Member Posts: 583 ✭✭✭
    Happens to some guildmates yes
  • Slize
    Slize Member Posts: 49 ✭✭✭
    same here (lvl 74 and junior lvl 15)
  • RiotZappa
    RiotZappa Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭✭
    Also lags after I make a purchase in trade shop.
  • DiElEl
    DiElEl Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    Happens to me also on Android, and also when the game starts...

Hey, did anyone see where's that "favoriting guns and heroes" option???
    (literally, no irony intended)

Loved the new health bar, the free update bonuses, the grenades & the first aid kits!!!
  • Fluxxx
    Fluxxx Member Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're looking into this now. Could you guys elaborate a bit further on the lag? So when you start the game or a mission, does it show "Reconnecting" or does just display as normal but you can't tap anywhere?

@DiElEl you can favorite equipment/heroes by clicking on the heart icon on the equipment popup/hero screen
    DiElEl
  • WellyLuga
    WellyLuga Member Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    RiotZappa said:

Also lags after I make a purchase in trade shop.

Myself and some guildmates are experiencing some problems like this with the TG shop too. It also sometimes causes the player to accidentally make purchases with gold on top of TG's too @Fluxxx
  • Fluxxx
    @WellyLuga What devices are you using? Could you elaborate on what happens exactly?
  • WellyLuga
    WellyLuga Member Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Fluxxx said:

@WellyLuga What devices are you using? Could you elaborate on what happens exactly?

I'm on android, it's difficult to explain but when you click the item and then again to purchase there is a moment delay, you think it hasn't registered and if you click it again it charges you gold as the game thinks you have purchased twice. Yesterday I ended up paying 30 gold for 4 Jerry tokens I did not want :lol:. At least I think that is how it happened, I've been incredibly careful ever since. Guildmates have ended up spending much more if it happened on multiple items or on 50 class tokens.
    TCBRITORiotZappa
  • mir
    mir Member Posts: 228
    @Fluxxx I also lost 170 gold. Technical support wrote to me that I bought boxes. I'm in shock!! I have iOS. I buy hero tokens, click buy, then click * OK* and the button sticks, then the purchase for gold occurs. I did not notice it immediately that there is a second purchase. As soon as I noticed that the gold was less, I immediately wrote to support. But I was told that I spent gold on boxes and wished to stay alive. How so ? I sent all the photos to the support service
  • Mario_Romero
    Mario_Romero Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fluxxx I can confirm the unwanted TG purchases with gold.

Even though i only tapped once on the tokens i saw that it said 40 gold for the next purchase (normally it is 30). So that one tap made me buy 4 with TG and 4 with 30 gold.

There is no "proceed with trade" warning or any other sort of notification before this happens. You only notice by the price of the tokens and by your gold count.

It happened to me twice yesterday. I sent in a ticket but haven't gotten a reply from support as of yet.
  • Fluxxx
    edited May 2020
    @mir when did you send the ticket. It might have been before we discovered this problem. If you open a new ticket, they'll substract the tokens and send you back the gold. Could you specify which iOS device you're using?

@Mario_Romero what device are you using?
  • Mario_Romero
    Mario_Romero Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fluxxx said:

@mir when did you send the ticket. It might have been before we discovered this problem. If you open a new ticket, they'll substract the tokens and send you back the gold. Could you specify which iOS device you're using?

@Mario_Romero what device are you using?

That would be Android @Fluxxx
  • Fluxxx
    edited May 2020
    Ok it seems like this happens when you press the button on the popup (below) multiple times in quick succession. We're going to look into fixing this asap, but do try to avoid spamming that button for now :D

• mir
    @Fluxxx I sent it at 9: 21 Moscow time. This happened on the iPhone SE
  • AliMo
    AliMo Member Posts: 2
    I've found the longer I'm playing on my Samsung tablet (Android) the worse the lag/delay becomes, I get the list of (force close, wait, send feedback) coming up before I can make a move
    MFJigsawCarleneDixon
  • mir
    > @Fluxxx said:
    > Ok it seems like this happens when you press the button on the popup (below) multiple times in quick succession. We're going to look into fixing this asap, but do try to avoid spamming that button for now :D
    > (Image)
    This as the is happening quickly, I already at all that the fear click 😂
  • MFJigsaw
    MFJigsaw Member Posts: 83 ✭✭✭
    It happens to me at the start of each mission

https://youtu.be/a8FZmioaacg

I will delete this video once sorted its just to show you @Fluxxx

Up to 30 seconds pressing the screen and survivors dont move. Using Samsung GalaxyTablet A

Thanks for looking into this for us guys mate.
    Game over
  • Fluxxx
    @MFJigsaw does anything else work? Toolbag, Flee button, hero portrait, settings, etc.?
  • MFJigsaw
    MFJigsaw Member Posts: 83 ✭✭✭
    @Fluxxx

No nothing mate, i have tried every available option on screen. It was up to 30 seconds. Currently it is about 5 - 10 seconds at the start of the mission..

Also happening to some of my Guildmates..

Will resume Challenge later in hopes this is temporary.

Game over
    mack22
  • dalmer
    dalmer Member Posts: 93
    I have the same problem. I'm using old and slow Android phone, but normally everything runs smoothly and I could play without serious glitches.

Now, after mission starts I can not move survivors for a few seconds, but if I'm not trying to start with a move I can switch them tapping on their portraits, or enter the bag. Moving survivors freezing everything and screen with options to close application/wait/send raport eventually appears.

Hope this helps @Fluxxx
  • Fluxxx
    @dalmer thanks! Just to clarify. If you don't click on the survivors/screen first, then the tool bag and and portraits; if you do click them then everything freezes up, correct?
  • Fluxxx
    Thanks @MFJigsaw that video is definitely useful to us (you can take it down if you like now). Let me know if anything changes!
  • Andrea
    Andrea Member Posts: 399 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fluxxx send you a PM
    TY!
  • Fluxxx
    @dalmer @MFJigsaw @mack22 @Lucildence @tabernac @Novell @Slize
    Could you specify the devices and operating systems?
    MFJigsaw
  • tabernac
    tabernac Member Posts: 804
    @Fluxxx

Sure, here are the details on my old AF phone:
    - Moto E4
    - Android 7.1.1

When it does it, it usually pops up a window saying that the app has stopped responding and asks if I would like to close it or wait. If I choose wait it starts responding shortly thereafter and then performs OK for awhile (sometimes for the rest of the session).
  • dalmer
    dalmer Member Posts: 93
    > @Fluxxx said:
    > @dalmer thanks! Just to clarify. If you don't click on the survivors/screen first, then the tool bag and and portraits (work*); if you do click them then everything freezes up, correct?

I can click/change portraits and enter tool bag right after mission begins, but only if I didn't try to move survivors first.
    It seems like sliding finger on the screen freezes everything.

*my edit
    Motorola G4 Plus
    Android 7.0 (3.10.84)