Back to back GW weeks is killing the Game

Title says it all! 
Nova_TWDRickMSATCBRITO[Deleted User]ShadowWalkerTroublemakerGothgulkinkoStalker20PalliSektorPrizPasteDeadkiller3vilrineJordanYukiMaximumSlayagetullygirl

Comments

• Billbam
    Billbam Member Posts: 1,179
    Agree my family had a huge number of people ask for a drop down in minimum because they could not handle a full all out challenge and GW another week...most are running low on gold and tools
    xbamfxTCBRITO[Deleted User]kinkoStalker20Pallimiori199373Wiushi
  • PigBenis
    PigBenis Member Posts: 1,126

GW is killing the Game

Fixed it for you.
    bladgierxbamfxTCBRITOShadowWalkerTroublemakerkinkoStalker20
  • xbamfx
    xbamfx Member Posts: 1,421
    @PigBenis I can deal with it in moderation 😆😆😆
  • xbamfx
    @Billbam you know I love GW but man it’s too taxing, resources low af too 😩😢
    SektorPriz
  • Drunken
    Drunken Member Posts: 1,719
    @xbamfx red gas is killing the game!!!

but I disagree I’ve actually played more in the past two weeks then probably two months. Also broke 660 for first time 
    ShadowWalkerxbamfxStalker20
  • xbamfx
    Drunken said:
    @xbamfx red gas is killing the game!!!

but I disagree I’ve actually played more in the past two weeks then probably two months. Also broke 660 for first time 
    Yea bro if you have the time to do that and still push 2500 plus on a challenge that’s cool, I just feel the time invested is very hard to manage with GW and challenge simultaneously. Yes I could choose to focus on 1 or the other as I know that would be an easy reply for someone to say. I love my guild though and don’t want to let them down by not keeping up my pace. Just my opinion on it, i really want to see what others have to say about it. 
  • brucewayne007
    brucewayne007 Member Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The break at the end is nice. 
    I love GW but I don’t love it back to back. 
    1 week between and then 3 weeks at the end doesn’t water down the product too much. Gives you enough to enjoy and play at a good standard and then give you a 3 week break to visit other teams etc. 
    Back to back weeks is what I find difficult. 
    xbamfxkinkoPaste
  • PigBenis
    PigBenis Member Posts: 1,126
    In my opinion, the entire GW format needs to change. It shouldn't be a 1 day battle, it should be a week long event with all guild mates able to participate and that would let players play at their own pace. Guilds should be placed into groups of 25 or 30 each week and the rewards should be tiered. Top 3 teams get similar rewards but vary slightly depending on finishing place, another tier of equal rewards for 4-10 and so on. After the first week, comparable teams of different groups are used to create new groups for the following week, etc. But, that is for another conversation...don't mean to hijack your thread.

I know many players get burned out from so many things going on in the game in a relatively short amount of time. In any given week we have 5 days of the Challenge, the Distance, could have GW active or possibly even an event (which may require multiple Distance runs on multiple weeks to get top rewards) in addition to Season missions, maintaining Outpost and farming XP and supplies after an update. All of this can seem like a chore and many players can and do get frustrated...myself included. But stop and ask yourself why that is. I know for me it's because all of this stuff is getting stale and lame. Many of these things to do seem "forced" even though they are clearly optional. It's just constant grinding over and over again. When is the last time any worthwhile content has been introduced into the game? Not trying to be critical here, but think about it and be honest. It's been MONTHS since players submitted new mapsets for the Challenge...where are those? Where are new maps that incorporate new thinking and tactics that would get us out of the rut of using the same heroes/weapons, ideas over and over? The walker goo in one of the Season missions that allowed survivors to walk past walkers is a prime example that has already been mentioned in other threads. Where are new games modes? Why not have a "King of the Hill" game mode where your team of 3 encounters wave after wave of increasingly difficult walkers and see how long you can last, providing better rewards with each level increase. Why not have a Scavenge for TG? Bring two new Distances to the table and I'm not just talking about increased difficulty, but new maps and new objectives. I also think one MAJOR thing that is missing from this game is customization. Sure, we can use various survivor combos outfitted with different weapons and armor but there needs to be MORE customization that allows players to create some sort of goals for themselves and give them some sense of accomplishment.

So my long-winded point here is that all of this seems like "too much" for some, but that's really because much of this isn't "too much fun". I think many players feel that they've invested too much time, money, and/or energy to simply walk away.
    TroublemakerSarge_xbamfxShadowWalkerkinkoStalker20
  • kinko
    kinko Member Posts: 32

No one in my guild wants Back to back GW. We can't understand why NG changed the format.

xbamfxStalker20
  • TheLastOfUs
    TheLastOfUs Member Posts: 12 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I dont mind back to back Guild Wars but wish they would separate from Challenge when it comes to injured toons, in a similar way to how distance works.

So if injured in GW for 2 hours, least you could still use those toons on challenge and vice versa. Otherwise is becoming a gold fest, as everything is unplayable for 2-3 hours at a time. 
    [Deleted User]Stalker20
  • m4s
    m4s Member Posts: 682 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treatment in GW should be separated from the Challenge and additionally shortened the minimum by 50%

The Expendables - Polska gildia
    Stalker20TCBRITOghost_pepper
  • SektorPriz
    SektorPriz Member Posts: 48
    edited September 2020
    Last season was good and balanced, now various bugs started and there is no balance, rollback for NG
    xbamfx
  • WellyLuga
    WellyLuga Member Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it would be as bad if it was still fixed at 4 days. As it stands there is a huge advantage to playing all 6 battles if you wish to be competitive on the leaderboard. In Wild Walking we just refuse to do this, so we will fight across 4-5 days and will enjoy 2-3 days off between the two wars. 

To anyone fighting 6 days on, 1 day off, 6 days on... enjoy your burnout :lol:
    xbamfx
  • SektorPriz
    two or three days off is nothing.  week at least.  because it is very annoying in terms of money and time spent
    RiotZappaxbamfx
  • WellyLuga
    Maybe people will have to play without depending on tools from time to time... :trollface:

ShadowWalkerxbamfx
  • Deadkiller
    Deadkiller Member Posts: 55
    many Not thrilled with back to back guild wars. It’s hard for those of us that it’s not all about the game. Many of my players work 2 jobs or have children & a job so don’t have the time to constantly play the game. It looks like you are really pushing players to spend more money to play and losing quality players in the push. 
    RiotZappaTroublemakerStalker20xbamfx
  • ghost_pepper
    ghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything preventing players from competing as they would like to is going to be complained about. I liked not having to wait to get more rp. That was it. I'm just not as competitive as everyone else.
  • Firekid
    Firekid Member Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean I get the complaints and understand the issues but in my head I see it as 4 wars over 8 weeks and that seems ok to me. Honestly I wouldn’t mind if they change it or keep it the same. 
  • kinko
    kinko Member Posts: 32

In the current format of Guild Wars, when we keep losing, we lose motivation and when we work hard to win, we’ll burn out and lose motivation.

[Deleted User]RiotZappaTroublemakerPasteStalker20SektorPriz
  • Troublemaker
    Troublemaker Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Deadkiller and @kinko put it out clearly.

The way Guild Wars is presented, it can't be fixed. It burns out players and make them lose interest like a on/off switch. And removing Guild Wars will make a riot too.
    So either way, you lose or you lose. That's why it's killing the game.
    Stalker20Deadkiller3vilrinekinkojj1
  • xbamfx
    I thought about challenge and GW alternating weeks but with round passes it’s just mayhem and I’m pretty sure NG cannot carry the Round Pass over to opposite weeks. My thought process was a 50/50 split keeps everyone happy and is fair to all players but alas it’s only a pipe dream 😥. 
    Troublemaker
  • Palli
    Palli Member Posts: 14
    Two weeks break now, pls 
    [Deleted User]RiotZappa
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 996
    Palli said:
    Two weeks break now, pls 
    nope, only one :(
  • SektorPriz
    a week between wars, and at least two weeks between seasons.  the format that was last season was not so harsh, the players had time to stock up on grenades and first aid kits
    xbamfx
  • Vastich
    Vastich Member Posts: 44
    And to collect some new portion of nervous..  
  • SektorPriz
    Vastich said:
    And to collect some new portion of nervous..  
    yes, that too )
  • WellyLuga
    a week between wars, and at least two weeks between seasons.  the format that was last season was not so harsh, the players had time to stock up on grenades and first aid kits
    It will be felt more this season because there was only a 1 week break. For next season there will have been a 3 week wait until Season 6 starts where we can stock up on tools. 

Less tools available for GW would not necessarily be a bad thing IMO. 
    ShadowWalkerWiushi
  • NerfZone187
    NerfZone187 Member Posts: 788
    I tried telling you guys 14 months ago. 

Quote: "Guild wars will suck you dry like Brenda down on 10th Ave."
    ATLAS-Z[Deleted User]xbamfxRiotZappaStalker20
  • Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm Member Posts: 89
    edited September 2020
    When it comes to the schedule of GW, there are always 3 groups of people involved. One who likes it, one who dislikes it and the last one doesn't give a damn about it. No matter what NG does, there bound to be complaints.

What I noticed from this thread is the determination of players wanting to be the best in the game, be it in the Challenge stars or the GW victory points. There's nothing wrong with that. But to complain about the 2 weeks back-to-back GW just because some players don't have time to play because they have 2 jobs is weird and ridiculous.

This is just a freaking game. Missing one/two GW or not getting 1000+ challenge stars will not kill you. You try go missing for 1 hour in your job and see what happens. Your job is real and more important than this game. Don't forget, these jobs are the reason you can buy those tools.

If you don't have time to play, don't play.
    If you don't have surplus money, don't buy tools. The best is, don't use tools (as WellyLuga said). 

Have some true sense of reality and self control.

PasteShadowWalker[Deleted User]WellyLugaInfinite_M0nkeyDrhooRealClareBRiotZappaOvergrowdaworldWiushi