• Billbam
    Billbam Member Posts: 1,179
    JayZ has videos up
  • Jankel
    Jankel Member Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭
    NerfZone187, also @TRUFAtwdnml is posting great videos
  • JayZ
    JayZ Member Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That really not a map for only melee fighters. Maybe you need at least one charged assault for stun or clear map before open the gates. The prisoners seems to use the nearest door to excape. The prisoners should be high level warrior so that they can also attack and kill walkers
    Did someone say Jail Break can't be played with melee fighters?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwF3_10pgJI
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
  • ATLAS-Z
    ATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That strat looks familiar... 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM or message ATLAS#5063 on Discord

• Grinningmalice
    Grinningmalice Member Posts: 3
    i really like this challenge, it's challenging lol! seriously, these are some fun maps and I've been having a blast, well done!!
  • JordanYuki
    JordanYuki Member Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i really like this challenge, it's challenging lol! seriously, these are some fun maps and I've been having a blast, well done!!
    Same, the maps are different, fun and challenging. Looking forward to the next Dream Challenge map set(s).
  • ATLAS-Z
    I was having a blast. Literally... Sasha and Grenader kinda blast

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

• Stalker20
    Stalker20 Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These maps would be fun for kill all missions. 
  • ATLAS-Z
    I wish Attention Class was like the old Scooby-Doo when they're looking which door to open and they open it and there's a monster inside and then they shut it again real quick and say "wrong door"

And then they go open up the next door instead.

"Whooaaaa! Close it! CLOSE IT!!" 

Our page :

• XeRo
    XeRo Member Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
    ATLAS-Z said:
    XeRo said:
    I am the sadomasochistic creator of Hell Judges

https://youtu.be/8VyHu2LL6vc

Cool beans. Can you also give a Walkthru of difficulty 45+?

I was stuck for 8 minutes on my own map at level 44 XD

Membro da guilda mais badass do Brasil

Dono do Hell Judges

#BrazilInDead
    #JogoLimpo
    #ParaSempreTwyster
  • XeRo
    XeRo said:
    ATLAS-Z said:
    XeRo said:
    I am the sadomasochistic creator of Hell Judges

https://youtu.be/8VyHu2LL6vc

Cool beans. Can you also give a Walkthru of difficulty 45+?

I was stuck for 8 minutes on my own map at level 44 XDAnd in the 1700's there were no medical kits x_x

Dono do Hell Judges

#BrazilInDead
    #JogoLimpo
    #ParaSempreTwyster
  • LootHoarder
    LootHoarder Member Posts: 120 ✭✭✭

I wouldn't put all the blame on the Dream Challenge winners, although they are certainly implicated.  I think it would be great for those who designed these maps to give their critique on how NG interpreted their vision.  Having said that, I have only played these maps on my alt account and thought WTF.  Can't wait to play on my main account..   :#
    I'm always willing to slap a LootHoarder wall of text down for folk upon request @BttlOpener so can definitely do my part for Jailbreak!

Significant differences between original design (see https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/404562#Comment_404562) and implementation:
    • the second walker piles located between the prison cells - these i had as a just a single tile wall.  i think having the piles there balances a bit better and makes the start of the level a bit more interesting having these piles spawning walkers in the middle until you open the gates and shut off the pile rather than the entire hallway being empty and devoid of spawns
    • a regular walker chilling in the hallway to start the map - again balance wise and interest wise i think that's a good addition
    • walker pile spawns from the left eventually running out and the single walker consta spawn from the right hand side once the gates are opened - this changes a bit of how i envisioned the fight back to the entrance would go in higher RSL, but in higher RSL you aren't going to stick around and wait for infinite spawns to clog up the hallway so i think that's a good change that puts pressure on your team to react quickly before you get stuck in a pincer attack position

Now let's address the civilian escapees!  In my design submission, I wrote that "Once a prison gate is opened, the neutral survivor flees the map."  In my mind, i envisioned the civilians just running off into the distance like they do in one or two of the story missions where they don't have any interaction with the walkers in the map and just are booting it safely offscreen and you move along to your next objective which is to make it back to the entrance and escape the map.  I must admit that when i was playing it was a bit of a surprise to see one run off to the left past a group of walkers, have to try and then ultimately fail to dodge and get smacked by a walker and locked into a struggle!   Strategy wise, it does add a layer into the play that i hadn't considered where you've either got to a) get lucky on the locations of each civilian so when they run away they do so where there aren't yet any walkers; b) get lucky on them dodging any walkers they do run by, or c) save them from walkers and then have to clear the path for them for their next attempt or hope they get lucky on dodge rolls on their second try!  So that's a bit more complex than I originally designed the map and definitely a surprise for the player the first time they see that happen (and perhaps ends up triggering having to redo the map!) but i do like that it makes it more of a mechanics intensive map and forces the player to think a bit more strategically at times.

Also, just a quick shout out to @JayZ for being my personal hero and posting a video of a full melee clear at a high RSL to show folk not only that it can be done but also to promote a bit of choice in the selections for different styles of play.  Yes i know melee teams are the general goto but given that it's a charged shooters week and most of the maps right now do very well with a Stabby Rick/Shooter/Shooter combo and ones like Day At The Office are highly catered to range, I love that there's definitely multiple ways to successfully complete the maps with different team selections.

So overall, i really do like the way that NG has implemented my vision for Jailbreak and i'm having a blast with this week's challenge.  Hope you are all enjoying it as much as i am!

P.S. @XeRo for Hell Judges, i'm ok with all the RNG but the thing that gets me on your map is the consta blind corners.  It's great for making me think more and play more conservatively, but man i have blown up my folk accidentally a few times so far by overwatch shooters capping a grenadier that lurches around one of the blind corners and then explodes in my face.  While definitely funny for me to see as it happens, it makes the doctors in my hospital work some unpaid overtime!

• brucewayne007
    brucewayne007 Member Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I for one enjoy some new maps. 
    Yes some challenging ones but it’s a game and playing the same maps with the same strategy is boooooooring. 
    This is a pleasant change. 
  • Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm Member Posts: 89
    edited October 2020
    Jankel said:
    Danski_46  exactly.. At this point only the Metal Heads are missing to complete the unhealthy work..    :s

Don't jinx it. NG may introduce heavy metal heads in round 2 of the outdoor Dream Challenge.

I can hear NG whispering to me, "Buy my gold, buy my gold" 
  • Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm Member Posts: 89
    edited October 2020
    Deleted

• Burmeliinis
    Burmeliinis Member Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    I would say that only Attention Class is too hard. I suggest replacing the tanks with metalheads or armored walkers. The room is pretty cramped, so using a Herd / Prowl / Assault stun tactic would be possible but hard, as you would really need to think about how to herd in order to not get the walkers into positions where you couldn't continue the herd.

Ingame username: Jubjab
  • WellyLuga
    WellyLuga Member Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must admit they have grown on me a little, emphasis on little. Since learning that the middle crate on jailbreak always opens both cages as seen in JayZ's vid I've been having a more pleasant time there. It's still a convoluted mess of a map IMO though. Hells judges is just a horrendous gold sapping slot machine. 
  • JediMasterYoda
    JediMasterYoda Member Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    The best thing that I can say about this challenge, I'll be glad when it's over and I hope that it never comes back!
    Don't get me wrong, I love to be challenged, but come on. Some of these are ridiculous. 
    Rant over, I feel better now! lol
  • wms
    wms Member Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    open door, and get blown up..   two injured.  started opening door with tank. just in case.  
  • ladre5
    ladre5 Member Posts: 225 ✭✭✭✭
    Did they ghostfixed the jail mission? Now u have to only open one crater instead all.
  • ATLAS-Z
    Haters be hatin but I like to change of pace

And thank you to all who submitted their ideas for the dream challenge I look forward to playing the next one even if it kills me over and over

Our page :

• Hershal
    Hershal Member Posts: 19
    Building Blocks assault Freeman has twice now made my survivors bleed.  Is there a new assault weapon that I don't know of that makes you bleed?
  • Superhero
    Superhero Member Posts: 389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ladre5 said:
    Did they ghostfixed the jail mission? Now u have to only open one crater instead all.

If you take the middle it opens both cages.
  • Firekid
    Firekid Member Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this challenge. All the maps are great and have a few strats that can make it easier. Hells judges could have a little less RNG maybe same walkers but in different positions each time. So you know what you've seen and as such knowmwhats coming up. Jail break is my favourite map then escape room. Builcding blocks is the nice light relief easy mission.  Not sure what people are complaining about really. Its so much better than the KAZ mapset which basically is who has the most DR and best sasha. 
  • fretje
    fretje Member Posts: 121
    Hershal said:
    Building Blocks assault Freeman has twice now made my survivors bleed.  Is there a new assault weapon that I don't know of that makes you bleed?
    Freeman always make you bleed when they put you in the red... has nothing to do with the weapon...
  • XeRo
    I am thrilled because the first time I reached level 50 of a challenge was on my own map, it was okay that it was MS, but as I don't like to spend gold and resources I am very happy :)

Dono do Hell Judges

#BrazilInDead
    #JogoLimpo
    #ParaSempreTwyster
  • zombieornottobe
    zombieornottobe Member Posts: 107
    XeRo said:
    I am thrilled because the first time I reached level 50 of a challenge was on my own map, it was okay that it was MS, but as I don't like to spend gold and resources I am very happy 

Congrats you sick puppy you! 
  • Burmeliinis
    Burmeliinis Member Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now at the end of this challenge I have to say this was a FANTASTIC challenge. Based on the leaderboard a lot of players got huge scores, so this challenge worked out perfectly. At the beginning, people were upset because the challenge seemed too hard, but soon enough people found the strategies and then a lot of the maps which felt very hard became quite doable, almost easy. Jail Break, Hell Judges and Escape Map are good examples.

My favorite map is Day at the Office. There you really need to think a couple of moves ahead to not get cornered, but it's doable on the top levels, too. Attention Class was super hard but became very doable with the new rooting assault rifle.

So great work to all the map developers! Looking forward to the next part!

Ingame username: Jubjab
  • 3vilrine
    3vilrine Member Posts: 257 ✭✭✭✭
    You can often be taught otherwise. So I really enjoyed the Challenge as well, after a little troublesome start :wink:

• JayZ
    JayZ Member Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't particularly like this challenge @Burmeliinis. Like you said, Day at the Office was a nice map and required a lot of skill. Building Blocks was easy, but could at least be consistently beat with skill.

The other maps? Just a gold burn. It's not the developers' fault - they came up with some really cool and creative maps. At the end of the day though, all challenge maps rely on the same few strategies at level 50 and it's all about gold spend.

Hell Judges: restart until you get exploders or favorable movement from fatty/spike
    Escape Map: hope your Bruisers stun and survive
    Attention Class: restart until the walkers are positioned correctly behind the door
    Jail Break: restart until the armored are in the right starting spots and walkers move favorably

I will say, it was at least a lot of fun to try to develop the end-game strategies. There was at least some novelty in figuring out how to beat the maps. I think I came up with the end-game strategies for Building Blocks and Jail Break (at least from the chats I'm in). Bloody came up with an awesome strategy for Attention Class, and then I saw shane come up with a creative round 63 strategy. So it was at least a bit more interesting than a regular challenge.

Still, GW is currently the only game mode that is primarily skill and less luck-dependent (although NG keeps pushing it more towards a P2W game mode...)

Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium