Dream challenge 2.0

mack22
mack22 Member Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
Bravo is all I got to say.
Finally a challenge where you can mix melee with ranged, thank you.
Now just waiting to see this week's leaderboard.

m4srelb67DrhooanniesprinklesDeathwish19

Comments

• Superhero
    Superhero Member Posts: 389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Found a bug...

Riot-Glenn can´t reach the exit, even if he should.

• Superhero
    This challenge will be ending early I guess.
    Stalker20Drhooanniesprinkles
  • ZeroMaster
    ZeroMaster Member Posts: 8
    After the cable is installed, you must go outside the cars to reach the exit, if one of your survivor is on the wrong side.
    The upper way on your screen is blocked, but the lower way is accessible.
    Happened to me too. 

PasteSuperheroShadowWalkerATLAS-Zmack22FOE
  • Superhero
    After the cable is installed, you must go outside the cars to reach the exit, if one of your survivor is on the wrong side.
    The upper way on your screen is blocked, but the lower way is accessible.
    Happened to me too. 

Ah, okay. That makes sense. Thanks  :)
  • IcePeter
    IcePeter Member Posts: 397
    They skipped the payoff! I wanted to see the cars drive off, mowing down any remaining walkers! Probably too detailed of programming, though.
    SuperheroShadowWalker[Deleted User]TCBRITOKarajocaGovernatorxbamfxs7eyeW8Deathwish19
  • Billbam
    Billbam Member Posts: 1,179
    why can't we climb under or over the cable hahaha?
    ShadowWalkerATLAS-ZGovernator
  • m4s
    m4s Member Posts: 682 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We exciting  The cable. New re-worked trait Eekiel is climb or over cable 😆😆😆
    The Expendables - Polska gildia
    Deathwish19XeRo
  • wms
    wms Member Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    Seems like something wrong with Secure the Lodge.  Those freemen seem abnormally hardy if not damage proof.  
    RealClareB
  • IcePeter
    IcePeter Member Posts: 397
    You can’t see or get to them. I can’t even tell what the map layout is. Triple-bruiser map.
    mack22GovernatorRiotZappa
  • Carly
    Carly Member Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to all winning maps of the dream challenge community event! Even though some insane spawning, I like these maps. Maybe it's because they are new? Perhaps it's because today's still Wednesday? 🤣😂 But I do like pt 2 and all six maps will definitely challenge my survivors. Grrr...

Thanks, NG. Any chance for another dream challenge community event for Pt 3? 🤞🏽
    mack22marroba2000Deathwish193vilrines7eyeW8
  • ghost_pepper
    ghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NG, please lighten the screen under the lower car. Players keep not "seeing" that they have to go around. If the map at the bottom of the screen is brighter, it will be easier for players to see they can go that way.

Another solution is to do away entirely with the fog of war without line of sight aspect on this map. It's a count down map. If you don't make it you lose. Fog of war isn't adding to the gaming experience at all in a positive way for this specific map. Keep all the spawns. Keep the timer the way it is. But change the fog of war so players can see more easily and brighten the bottom portion so the blue movement area bubble is clearly visible and players go "Ah ha!"

It's actually nice to have some trickier maps and some harder maps and some nice mix between mele and range driven strategies.

I have to say I really LOVE the split on The Future. 3rd position for spear rick or beta. Can your solo character survive until you free him? Really fun. I was cringing when I didn't think rick would make it over the bridge and for that one moment I felt like I was having a serious TWD themed experience. Thank you.
  • liquit
    liquit Member Posts: 11

When you rewrite the script for the sake of xp...
    SuperheroFluxxxRickMSADeathwish19GovernatorShadowWalker[Deleted User]JayZ
  • FuriousMoldovan
    FuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IcePeter said:
    You can’t see or get to them. I can’t even tell what the map layout is. Triple-bruiser map.
    Sasha + 2 assault do the job perfectly in this map.
    3 melee freemen come out on third turn and 1 range freeman on fourth turn (I think).
    Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide
    s7eyeW8
  • Wattlauefer
    Wattlauefer Member Posts: 254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the Secure the Lodge-map you can try to block the spawnpoints, so only 1 freeman can came up
    ShadowWalkermack22zombieornottobe
  • Wattlauefer
    Here a screenshot

zombieornottobe
  • Wattlauefer
    Don't know if useful, but in secrue the hostage, you can move the garbage container. So you have access without drop the fence

ATLAS-ZShadowWalker
  • Fluxxx
    Fluxxx Member Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad to hear you guys are enjoying the map set, I'm liking it myself too :D You're right about the confusing aspect in Cable Ties - we'll try to find ways to make the areas around the cars more visible. 
    While it would technically make sense for survivors to be able to get through the cable, we went with this so that you have to be a bit more mindful with the positioning of survivors :) 
    ATLAS-Zmarroba2000Deathwish19s7eyeW8FuriousMoldovan[Deleted User]mack22RiotZappa
  • ATLAS-Z
    ATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone in the staff reach out to AMC?

I'd like to see:

MONSTER TRUCK vs WALKER HORDE

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM or message ATLAS#5063 on Discord

Stalker20Deathwish19Governators7eyeW8FuriousMoldovan[Deleted User]mack22
  • Superhero
    Here a screenshot

Who is opening the fence at this strategy?
  • Firekid
    Firekid Member Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just do it after once the single freeman is dead. 
    SuperheroWattlaueferGovernator[Deleted User]
  • WellyLuga
    WellyLuga Member Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Gates of Hell - Really like the set up with this one, it's a very nice map to prowl/herd and I like that it's not spawn dependant. It seems to have the same setup every time I've played it. Big plus for me.

The Future - By far my favourite map. Not only is the back drop with the river really nice, it plays very well. I've had success with Beta, Daryl and Rick. Rick can keep himself safe herding alone and I've managed to be able to chip away at the walkers on the right with Beta/Daryl. 

Cable Ties - Another cool map that plays well, not too difficult to just chill at the start and build up charges. An assault can be used to keep the horde at bay. The only issue I've had is sometimes walkers approach around the cars and other times they don't.

Rescue operation - Same start, every time. Again a big plus for me. Plays quite nicely with Sasha, RGG and an assault.

Secure the lodge - A gold sap of a map. 2 freemen hunters? Come on, these are the sort of maps that make me hate that players have been given the chance to design maps. Any seasoned player knows how much of a dick one freemen hunter can be, to put two on? Christ :neutral:

Herd it thru the grapevine - Hate it. Auto spawns in the middle of the map, blind corners an objective that makes you go right to the end and then two tanks spawn on the finish when you get the green light? To make things worse if you have to open all 5 you end up with 3 tanks on the map. Absolutely awful design with no thought to playing it at high level. The only saving grace is the spawns stop after a while or else it might be one of the worst maps in the game.

Overall I really like it but the last two I mentioned could do with some balance IMO. Still early days and I'm only on 41/42 so still figuring out the best ways to play them.
    3vilrineStalker20[Deleted User]mack22rebecca38341884
  • ladre5
    ladre5 Member Posts: 225 ✭✭✭✭
    Here a screenshot

I did the same but 2 spawned in front of me being invisible, only the names appaered, after i finished turn they were back visible. 
  • ATLAS-Z
    Herd it thru the grapevine central spawns stop after a few rounds

@WellyLuga I'm sure you've figure but just sharing

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

Stalker20
  • Stalker20
    Stalker20 Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

This team works well on secure the lodge. 
  • WellyLuga
    WellyLuga Member Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATLAS-Z said:
    Herd it thru the grapevine central spawns stop after a few rounds

@WellyLuga I'm sure you've figure but just sharing
    Yeah I did mention that in my mini review. I think if they continued to spawn forever it would be the worst map ever :lol:. Still, at high level it will be savage when the walkers don't drop so easily.
    ATLAS-Z
  • XeRo
    XeRo Member Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
    I hate humans 😒

Membro da guilda mais badass do Brasil

Dono do Hell Judges

#BrazilInDead
    #JogoLimpo
    #ParaSempreTwyster
    SuperheroShadowWalker[Deleted User]
  • ATLAS-Z
    edited January 2021
    XeRo said:
    I hate humans 😒

Just Hunter's man, ease up on the blanket hate LOL

Hunters always have a knack for ignoring the Walkers swarming around them then tap me in the ass half a map away

They suck

Our page :

Stalker20KratosXeRo[Deleted User]
  • Stalker20
    Stalker20 Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

For all the freemen haters, doesn't it look nice to see THEM in a struggle 😋
    VovShadowWalker[Deleted User]mack22MFJigsawVerdao1914
  • arqbs
    arqbs Member Posts: 52
    what's up guys...
    congratulations to all winners ....
    my phase is to put the cables in the cars!
    Too bad the cars can't get over the horde!
    I hope you enjoyed!
    hug to everyone

*** Vencedor do "Dream Challenge II Community Contest - Fase: Cable Ties" ***
    ATLAS-Zmack22MFJigsawRiotZappa
  • brucewayne007
    brucewayne007 Member Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how we get new maps and challenges. 
    Something to spice it up
    And we always get a crew that complains. 
    Sorry you can’t score 5000 stars (😴🥱)
    Stalker203vilrine