Rewards are poor

IronUncle
IronUncle Member Posts: 51 ✭✭✭
I must say that while GW is fun because you see more content... the rewards stink.  Plain gas? come on... There are also way too few tokens.   Four possible purchases for Beta and even then its only 75.   You might as well just use some radios instead.

Comments

• xbamfx
    xbamfx Member Posts: 1,421
    I like the intrinsic weapons and armor tho and the hero tokens kinda wish we got a little bit more bang for our buck like special outfit for our hero for reaching high rank or badge near our name etc. some cool style weapons would be cool too with custom skins. 
    XeRo
  • hunter_x
    hunter_x Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    I hope they complete some legendary weapon or armor for each class
  • ShadowWalker
    ShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean the Green Gas is there just so players have something to spend their leftover RP on, it's not meant to be viewed as the main prize in GW. I also think the hero tokens are reasonably priced, but I wouldn't complain if it was 100 tokens for 250 RP and we got to purchase them up to 5 times. If those were your only complaints I would say the GW shop isn't that bad then.

I would also like to see some price adjustments on the fragments/components, the regular armor and tools. I mean come on, using tools to win the RP bonus, just to buy a few tools is kind of a rip off. I also agree with @xbamfx , adding some custom skins for survivors/weapons would be cool.
  • IronUncle
    I get it about the green gas. I’d guess that most people have to purchase it with leftover tokens but its kind of like giving away pennies. With a very limited number of Hero tokens and only 1 weapon, there isn’t much to buy with the GW points.  All I’m saying is that there is no reason to make it such a limited choice.  I feel like some guild mates will be left with crappy items if they even have enough points to buy anything.
  • ghost_pepper
    ghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    The gw shop appears to be getting, generally, worse overall. This is ok. There is less strain for the vast majority of the game "to win". 

I would like to see a significantly increased amount of hero tokens for the same cost with the low tier hero tokens. Shooter rick? I'm not picking him. Nope. But come on please! Help the lower tiered teams out! New players may want lots of rosita tokens. I think they should get them. Make the Merle tokens come in such large quantity at a good price that teams which don't break into the master tier (or even the gold tier) have players that are happy with the deal. 

I would also like to see some tools at greatly reduced cost. After the first tool purchase, the price can go up to it's stupid high price where I'll never buy them and for some reason everyone else (including devs) thinks it's ok. I never look at the tools because I'm never going to consider them. But I'm asking to be included. Will the game be unbalanced with a 10 rp Gore or a 20 rp Blast Grenade? I don't think it will be. Once that first purchase is made, the price can go back to it's normal absurdity.

Overall, i think keep the gw shop about the way it is. The less good it is, the more players won't care about winning. Playing 10 players to max your sector bonus rp reward gets players a lot of rp to spend. Winning becomes just a kind of icing on the cake. 
    GothgulXeRoShezza10ArqueuePaste
  • Gothgul
    Gothgul Member Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    Yes, unless you are competing for leaderboard, there is not much incentive to win. Sure you can get more RP,  but even if you wanted to spend it all on tools, you cant because everything is limited. A master tier guild can go easy mode, pretty much lose every battle, and still unlock master tier again. And thats fine too, just seems like its designed to make people say, what are we fighting for exactly?
    hunter_x
  • XeRo
    XeRo Member Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to kill myself by spending a truckload of tools to get to the store and buy an old-fashioned rifle or a tactical winter thing ...

What's the next thing they're going to put in the store? A shoe for assaults with critical chance, destructive and silenced???

Membro da guilda mais badass do Brasil

Dono do Hell Judges

#BrazilInDead
    #JogoLimpo
    #ParaSempreTwyster
    hunter_x[Deleted User]EngAamieShadowWalkerm4scapibaraRiotZappa
  • Clydezdale
    Clydezdale Member Posts: 18
    I think the red gas should take the place of the green gas option. Folks like me that want to push their survivors into higher level battles tend to use a lot of red gas. It’s frustrating not having red gas, worse not having the option to buy a boat load.
    XeRo
  • XeRo
    edited March 2021
    I think the red gas should take the place of the green gas option. Folks like me that want to push their survivors into higher level battles tend to use a lot of red gas. It’s frustrating not having red gas, worse not having the option to buy a boat load.
    Exactly, because I noticed that we are not winning them as we won in the first GW format, it's okay that I had more than 500 of them when they came back, and in the past GW I must have spent 100 easy because I played Lvl 44, 45 and 46 without tools because of the disappointing GW shops, and at one time or another we will miss Red Gas even if we have a lot of them now.

Dono do Hell Judges

#BrazilInDead
    #JogoLimpo
    #ParaSempreTwyster
  • XeRo
    Wow! I used more than 100 Red gas in 2 seasons of GW after I gave up using tools and gold

Dono do Hell Judges

#BrazilInDead
    #JogoLimpo
    #ParaSempreTwyster
  • IronUncle
    I guess my expectation is that if you want people to play for a reward, it should be decent enough that people would want it!  I’m playing the guild wars now really just to see the extra content and for some PvP action.  I’m realizing the game is very limited in “wow factor”