Badges : Are they having a laugh !!!

Just been going through my badges whilst waiting for update. Cannot believe how many badges I have with extra bonus points if I equip with awful chachters. Ezekiel, Rosita, Dwight  etc. They obviously know these toons are shit so why are we being encouraged to play with them ??? 

Comments

• LoneWanderer360
    LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Traits are random. It's inevitable you're going to get some. 
  • Billbam
    Billbam Member Posts: 1,179
    Badge heroes are all the old OG characters, they have not included any of the newer heroes added to the game.  Most of the OG heroes suck so makes sense the bonus will suck.  It is just by good luck that the ALT heroes work since they are considered the same as the OG by the system.
  • Steeboon
    Steeboon Member Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eugene used to suck too before traits re-rolled were introduced 😉

Anyway there's bound to be diversity in any game.
  • FuriousMoldovan
    FuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Steeboon
    And Iron Skin + Defensive Stance were the best bruiser trait combo before badges were introduced 😅

Things change. The only constant is change.
    Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide
  • IcePeter
    IcePeter Member Posts: 397
    Don’t use good crafting materials on hero bonus badges when using the crafting map. It doesn’t help with the old badges, but you’ll eventually start discarding even the bad blue and gold ones.
  • ghost_pepper
    ghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    scruffy13 said:
    Just been going through my badges whilst waiting for update. Cannot believe how many badges I have with extra bonus points if I equip with awful chachters. Ezekiel, Rosita, Dwight  etc. They obviously know these toons are shit so why are we being encouraged to play with them ??? 
    There are 4 bonus conditions.
    -traits (dodge or power strike etc)
    -class (hunter or shooter etc)
    -no bonus (comes with slightly higher base %)
    -hero (rosita or glenn or any name)

Not only is that how the bonuses are generally ranked by players in terms of importance and usefulness, that's also more or less a representation of their distribution grouping. The not-random pattern of crafting distributes far more bonuses with no bonus or with a hero as a bonus than trait and class bonuses. It's not worth counting because...

Like i said, there is a not-random pattern for badge crafting. All my gold badges come with the trait group i want. Anything with a garbage hero bonus condition is a brown badge used to get to the good spots where blue or gold are used.

Crafting hero bonus badges is simply a way to turn 20k supplies into 10k of xp.