Help Please

Hi , my players are currently level 21. I seem to be stuck at about 850 in challenge mode. I have several recommended weapons, morning star, decimator, flare gun and staff. I have very little experience with Scouts and Beta,s herding abilty. How can I break into the 1000 more in challenge and are there any tutorial vids of scout and Beta and best ways to use them. Thank you 

Comments

• scruffy13
    scruffy13 Member Posts: 24
    Thanks Jay z, I already have your strategy guide. Really helped me in the game, but I was after vids that may contain tips for people my level. Most shown are with higher level players all with top end weapons. Very hard to replicate that with mid to crap melee weapons 
  • ATLAS-Z
    ATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    scruffy13 said:
    Thanks Jay z, I already have your strategy guide. Really helped me in the game, but I was after vids that may contain tips for people my level. Most shown are with higher level players all with top end weapons. Very hard to replicate that with mid to crap melee weapons 

Does not exist. Most players with the knowledge and skills and passion to share videos also don't mind dropping a little cash to support the game they love.

So you will be hard pressed to find video walk thru of missions without some $$ gear etc.

I've noted the lack of this before a long time ago when another player made this comment, and I'll suggest to you the same thing I told him. You could be the pioneer in this area, fill the gap sort to speak.

Create a YouTube channel with FTP guides for every challenge. Even if you're not very good at first, others will follow you and learn together.

Happy hunting

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM or message ATLAS#5063 on Discord

• WellyLuga
    WellyLuga Member Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    You have the morningstar so all the herding game play that you can find will be helpful. Beta and PGG do the same thing whether they are epic or 10*. When you're playing RSL54 maps even with the best badges your survivors crumple like paper and it takes a lot to kill anything so you should be able to try to replicate it using the same strategies. 

If you're still building your camp, badges and equipment then I wouldn't worry too much about stars. Make sure you pick up what premium weapons you can from the black market and focus on levelling up and crafting better badges. The extra challenge stars will soon come.
  • scruffy13
    Thank you so much guys for all the feedback and advice it is much appreciated. It's just a pity that all the top end weapons are buy only. Guild Shop and Black market would be ideal places to pick them up if Next thought about the players, but as in life Cash is king 
  • Steeboon
    Steeboon Member Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually a lot of top weapons do come free in the game. You just need to participate religiously in guild wars, seasonal events and save up your gold for BM purchases.
  • ATLAS-Z
    ATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Yeah I'm still on the lookout for that free game that provides continuous innovative updates strong enough to keep players interested and coming back for 6 plus years and counting... all free of charge.

That would be sweet. 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM or message ATLAS#5063 on Discord

• reveen
    reveen Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2021
    Scruffy, I wouldn’t worry too much about stars until you are closer to lv28 survivors. A few tips. Don’t unlock new survivors until you are lv28, upgrade your core team otherwise it will cost you hundreds of millions of exp to upgrade them all. Save gold and I wouldn’t waste it on special weapons or armour until you are lv28. In your free time, farm tomatoes and upgrade your buildings as quickly as possible. Keep phones until a guaranteed bruiser or alt call comes up. If you can save 1000+ phones for one of these events then you will see a big boost in your important heroes.

I started a new second free2play account in November and I’m getting close to 3k stars in challenges now.
  • scruffy13
    Thanks for the tips Reveen, much appreciated.
  • JayZ
    JayZ Member Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think about it this way: the end gamer videos at 54 may be higher levels than you might play, but the same strategies apply at lower levels. My 54 might be your 40, and that’s totally okay. The levels are different, but the strategies are still similar.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
  • Firekid
    Firekid Member Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning star, crescent edge, lucky decimator, flare gun, golden scissors, Daryls Knife all gained for “free” via guild wars and campaigns. Lucky festive shotgun, tactical spear/pitchfork, lucky harpoon all available for gold in black market. 
    Only weapon I currently use which is only available for for cash is the winter harpoon granted it makes a massive difference but that’s sort of why you have to pay for it. 
    Charlie’s second account did do FTP videos for a while but our iPad doesn’t save half the recordings even though plenty of space and she got frustrated so gave up but even those videos had most of the weapons mentioned above. 
  • scruffy13
    Apologies to Next and anyone else I upset with my comments about top end weapons. Obviously the longer you have played the game the more of these you have earned in previous events. I can only speak of my experience and now. Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply whatever your views 
  • Firekid
    Firekid Member Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @scruffy13 no worries! The above advice is all great and you’ll do fine but without paying there isn’t a quick fix. Keep saving the gold and you’ll get some good weapons in no time. 
  • WellyLuga
    WellyLuga Member Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    The good thing too is that whilst the winter harpoon is an awesome addition, Yumiko has given a huge boost to ranged to the point that you can navigate some maps despite making a tonne of noise so the regular lucky harpoon should be able to get you far.