Starbound Rifle

Hawaii
Hawaii Member Posts: 74
On Guild Wars, the enemy/automated can use the Starbound Rifle to shoot far right edge of the map to the far left edge of the map.  I cannot do the same.  Please fix this.  It gives the enemy/automated an unfair advantage.  Thank you.
FuriousMoldovan

Comments

• Lexia
    Lexia Member Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you mean if the map is movable and you are in the very far left, and the enemy in the far right, that they can shoot all the way from there but you can't, since you are not able to activate your survivor since they are not visible on the map when wanting to target enemies far away?
    PP1990ATLAS-Z
  • ATLAS-Z
    ATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah @Lexia I think that's it.

Some kind of zoom out feature is needed. Either that or make enemies hampered in some way.

They have infinite line of sight, whereas mere mortal players are limited by their screen size. 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM or message ATLAS#5063 on Discord

LexiaIronUncleCarl_Tyreese999
  • Hawaii
    Hawaii Member Posts: 74
    Yes, that it.  Thank you.
    ATLAS-Zrelb67
  • IronUncle
    IronUncle Member Posts: 51 ✭✭✭
    I'm shocked that its a known issue and not addressed.  I probably complain too much but this bug is very annoying.  The game can zoom in but not out.  Makes no sense.
  • DoesNotMatter
    DoesNotMatter Member Posts: 82
    I can confirm on a Galaxy S9. I can only target enemies in immediate screen view. So a 7×8 (room grid) + 7×8 + 7×8 going left to right, means enemy at far right lower corner of map, can hit 24 grid squares away. I however, can NOT drag and select the same enemy as it requires moving across different grid rooms. 

A simple side scrolling when trying to target off screen, by dragging to far edge of screen, would suffice.   
  • ghost_pepper
    ghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you take this one nail out of the coffin, the rifle is still nailed shut in the coffin. 

The riffle still doesn't *do* anything. Add something interesting like root or fire or cripple.
  • DoesNotMatter
    edited February 2022
    Unlimited range IS something. It's actually very powerful if you give it to a useful hero. Enemy hunters, shooters, etc. can not target you if you are far enough out, which means no retaliate, etc..
    Sarge_
  • Lexia
    Lexia Member Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll look into ways we could make the weapon more fair in PvP situations :smile:
  • ATLAS-Z
    If you take this one nail out of the coffin, the rifle is still nailed shut in the coffin. 

The riffle still doesn't *do* anything. Add something interesting like root or fire or cripple.

It has but one simple use, pvp, and pvp defense

That's it. 

And for that one thing, it's kind of a big deal. 

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

• ghost_pepper
    ghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I faced it twice on my last gw fight on Saturday. 17 out of my 18 actions were human kills. The hk's I did were enlightening and relevant for this thread.

I faced the Starbound rifle twice and both times it did absolutely nothing. I do my hk's the same way every time no matter the defense and it always works. Eugene, bruiser (both with 80dr and high lucky), shooter with lucky trait and lucky flare gun. Recycle to a new shooter with lucky trait if necessary for the enxt one. Carl doesn't stop this. Ezekiel doesn't stop this. And the Starbound rifle sure doesn't stop this.

The issue with the Starbound rifle is that it is too challenging for some players (see op, I know my post might seem odd on this thread because of that) and not challenging at all for others.

If the Starbound rifle had a damage nerf but a permanent fixed always trigger status effect, like first target always gets stunned or if unstunable always gets crippled, or all targets hit have X chance of igniting, that would make the rifle less damaging to players who haven't figured out the value/necessity of 80dr while also giving players like me at least something of a speed bump. And for players actually using the thing, causing status effects would make new Carol charge and isn't that the whole point of all this thematic stuff?

I want to emphasize, the current Starbound rifle should be modified because right now it really isn't fitting in. Not for the op. And it hasn't changed defenders for me at all beyond the current state of "traffic cones" which I still stomp all over without any effort at all.

• ATLAS-Z
    Most pvp troops aren't that savvy enough to know about or have the time and resources to have built up 80DR squads

Our page :

• find2046
    find2046 Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    I have another situation in GW.
    My Dwight attack by SR and opponent strike back against my HMag, the closest to opponent.
  • Cronus
    Cronus Member Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawaii said:
    On Guild Wars, the enemy/automated can use the Starbound Rifle to shoot far right edge of the map to the far left edge of the map.  I cannot do the same.  Please fix this.  It gives the enemy/automated an unfair advantage.  Thank you.
    Imagine if that same rifle now had gold incendiary and lucky with silver destructive. That defender will be lighting you up.

P.S. Check the shop today
    ShadowWalkerCarl_Tyreese999
  • DoesNotMatter
    Do NOT nerf it. Hate when people gripe about gun damage in video games because they get killed and gripe about damage, and expect bullets to act like .177 ball bearings.....

Real guns are lethal. A .22 rifle is lethal at up to a mile. 50 cal. Barrett (Starbound) has a 1.5+ mile confirmed kill record and further lethal range. Starbound is technically already nerfed as it does NOT damage in-game anywhere near it's real life counterpart.

The problem is we can't select an enemy AI on opposite end of the screen due to not being able to drag the cursor, but it can select us and get shots in before we can hit it.