Idea to Support Our Ukrainian Friends and Russian Friends and Belarusian Friends.

ZXer
ZXer Member Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
edited March 2022 in Off Topic Discussion
I have Ukrainian friends. A lot have fled the countries through Poland. Most have fled the big cities into western Ukraine, some are joining the resistance, most are joining the humanitarian efforts. A few are hiding in basements in Kyiv. I am in contact with many of them, and in fact I have started a fundraising website for one classmate from my days at Stanford University. PM me for info.

I have Russian friends. All of them are against the invasion. 2 of them already donated $100 in the first hour my donation website was up - making Russian donations exceed everybody else's donations combined. 1 of them was last seen posting her photos protesting the invasion at the streets with other Russians.

I used to have a Belarusian guild mate. He's awesome.

I have a better idea for NG. Rather than kicking all our Russian friends out of the game - why not accept their money then DONATE 100% for humanitarian causes in Ukraine? Heck. Why 100%. You guys go put your money where your mouth is ... KEEP THE RUSSIAN PLAYERS THEN DONATE 300% OF YOUR RUSSIAN REVENUE towards Ukrainian and humanitarian causes EACH. So 300% to Ukraine National Bank + 300% to my fundraising (or any other humanitarian fundraising for that matter). 

This way everybody wins. You don't punish ordinary Russians and Belarusian. Yet, for every $1 that any Russian spends in the game, they know NG is matching that by $5 that goes to Ukraine. I know most if not all of them players will be happy to donate this way anyway to Ukraine. Those who don't? Well they can drop out of the game voluntarily.
Member of MavsOG
smoke1AdelineMuirnaBurmeliinisfaster

Comments

• ZXer
    I hope you don't move this to off-topic, because this is on-topic. This is about the game, about my former guild mate for one, and about any Russian and Belarusian players for that matter.
    Member of MavsOG
    Muirna
  • ghost_pepper
    ghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to grasp this idea.

They have to pay with existing foreign currency, right? Because a rupple doesn't have much value these days.

Do most russians have that sort of foreign currency hanging around for a phone game?
  • ZXer
    LOL maybe the main reason NG is banning Russians is because they can't pay anyway. So why take up server space and power.
    Member of MavsOG
  • Lexia
    Lexia Member Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please respect the rules and guidelines found on this Forum, as well as the additional more specific ones for Off Topic conversations found here: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/4277/welcome-to-off-topic-discussion-please-read-before-posting

To specify:
    Also some extra off-topic specific guidelines just to keep it clean.

Guidelines:
    • Please avoid discussing any sensitive topics which could cause offence to others. Such topics might include (but aren’t limited to): religious discussion, political discussion, sensitive personal issues/problems.
    Due to the above, I will close this thread.
    pirate1125rearrow1MasterBoyMuirnaghost_pepperZXer
This discussion has been closed.