Guild Search Function.

PowerUK
PowerUK Member Posts: 71 ✭✭✭
We have a few players reporting that our guild is not showing up in searches. We are a six guild family and none of them are showing up in results. @Teeceezy.

Further testing shows that many guilds are not showing in results. Known issue?

Thanks,

POWERUK.
BarcodeJFunGamingTrash

Comments

• Polo
    Polo Member Posts: 4
    ours too! must be all guilds
  • Tigerfrilly
    Tigerfrilly Member Posts: 6
    We recently had cause to create a breakaway guild and found each other quite easily in the new guild. 2 members searching for us though are putting in the correct guild name but are not finding the guild after they search. They are doing nothing different to the rest of us and we found the guild through search ok. Please help. We don't want to lose each other as we've been playing well together for a long time now and enjoy our chats
  • Pig
    Pig Member Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put something distinctive in the guild description ("tigerfilly" should work!) and get them to search for THAT instead of the guild name. Might work.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
  • capibara
    capibara Member Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure about that but after 2 weeks waiting for a new member in my guild, i've recently realized that a player could not find SurvivorsReborn In searches...

At: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/2012/guild-recruiting-official-survivorsreborn-top-50-ranked#latest
    I tried searching for it, but it's not coming up on my list for me. Same for two others I've searched for, it's very frustrating.

Could be a bug or something?? :o
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. LINE ID: capyrodent
    My Recruiting den. Capy into Music History and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection, now DECA Collection.
  • zbot
    zbot Member, OW Moderator, NML Legendary Moderator Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @all thanks for the report. Merged.
  • DoTak
    DoTak Member Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Pig
    Tigerfrilly and I are in the same (new) guild. I searched the forums for a solution. Think I saw some of your previous advice posts regarding searching for distinctive words in the guild description. We tried that, and still no luck. I sent in a help ticket. Noticed several similar posts here. Must be a bug, possibly 2.1 related, or not? Appreciate the suggestion :)
  • BarcodeJ
    BarcodeJ Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭
    Someone said they tried to find my guild and could not find it as well. Post update. Things changes to convince us to spend gold to advwetise?
  • Pig
    Pig Member Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoTak said:

Hi @Pig

Tigerfrilly and I are in the same (new) guild. I searched the forums for a solution. Think I saw some of your previous advice posts regarding searching for distinctive words in the guild description. We tried that, and still no luck. I sent in a help ticket. Noticed several similar posts here. Must be a bug, possibly 2.1 related, or not? Appreciate the suggestion :)

That's too bad! Hopefully it gets sorted out for you soon.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
  • capibara
    DoTak said:

Hi @Pig

Not update 2.1 bug... It's 2 weeks i'm waiting for player number 20 in my guild... We disappeared from searches several time ago. Usually we had several requests every week. Recently we had a permanent 20 members guild with no changes for 4 or 5 months and 15 days ago when we missed a player suddently no more request!
    My Recruiting den. Capy into Music History and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection, now DECA Collection.
  • deb1hd
    deb1hd Member Posts: 310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Ihave a player switching from one of our guilds to another. We have 3 guilds and none of them are showing up in searches.
  • capibara
    edited September 2016
    ...welll, what now? When will be visible again my guild?
  • PowerUK
    PowerUK Member Posts: 71 ✭✭✭
    Any update NG? We have team mates all alone out there.

POWERUK.
  • deb1hd
    MY TEAMMATE is going through Challenge withdraws... @zbot
  • DoTak
    DoTak Member Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pig said:

DoTak said:

Hi @Pig

That's too bad! Hopefully it gets sorted out for you soon.
    They kept trying and finally found us this morning. They didn't do anything different. and they said they found with the guild name, which didn't work the day before. Won't even try to figure out the logic :)
  • deb1hd
    I finally got our guild mate in tonight. What I did was type in the first three words of our guild description. And it finally came up.
  • capibara
    We at SurvivorsReborn ..are still invisibles.... :(
  • zbot
    @capibara , try adding something unique to the description field like #capibara and have them search for that.
    capibara
  • capibara
    zbot said:

@capibara , try adding something unique to the description field like #capibara and have them search for that.

Uhm thanks but this suggestion could work for friends who wants to join again the guild, but our problem is that we need to refill empty slots a no one join from 15 days because we disappeared... And we miss also those who try to find us after reading the recruit call in the forum thread.. And yes i can try to browse also another strange wolrd like capybara but at the end they have already joined another visible guild because there are tons of guild waiting...
    There is no chance to fix that?
  • zbot
    At @capibara , it should be fixed but I have notice that adding unique description helps when there are multiple guilds of the same name. That's the usual procedure I see for guild recruitment.
    capibara
  • capibara
    zbot said:

At @capibara , it should be fixed but I have notice that adding unique description helps when there are multiple guilds of the same name. That's the usual procedure I see for guild recruitment.

Thanks! And adding 'SurvivorsReborn' to the description can work too as a tag?
  • zbot
    #SurvivorsReborn , the # tags it. For example Recruitment thread for Retribution.
  • capibara
    zbot said:

#SurvivorsReborn , the # tags it. For example Recruitment thread for Retribution.

Thanks! Now we try ;)
  • zbot
    @capibara , FYI: when recruits search they need to add #.
    capibara