The Distance now sucks

Comments

• Pig
    Pig Member Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Done. I wouldn't say it was tougher this time, but it took more radios than the other two times I beat it.

The last mission was cool. You can hide your guys down in the lower left corner and pretty safely watch the walkers munch on the freemen. Then it's Wrestlemania 2017, brother!
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    bigbeanoMonsutapsychwolfant
  • Knightmare65
    Knightmare65 Member Posts: 36 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I thought the Distance would be fun, buts it is just impossible to get past 4 or 5. My survivors are at level 19, while most gear is between 19 and 22. There is no way to kill the fat guys or the spiked walkers. The Distance is now a giant pain in the ass and I am not going to deal with it. I don't how the rest of you guys are getting past level 5 or 6, and you are complaining that hit the wall at 14 or 15. The Distance is impossible and pissing me off.
    TaraMichonneatrainofficialiivii
  • Monsuta
    Monsuta Member Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Knightmare65 said:

Even level 1 survivor can wrestle level 100 tank or spiked to death, although you may need a few tries on spiked.
    Pig
  • tallinie
    tallinie Member Posts: 402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Distance was a bit more difficult than previous one as I had to heal my team once. No phones needed still though.

I think this is the way NG should keep distance - possible to complete even if you have not hacked the game.
    TaraMichonne
  • Edd8
    Edd8 Member Posts: 135
    Monsuta said:

> @Knightmare65 said:

Even level 1 survivor can wrestle level 100 tank or spiked to death, although you may need a few tries on spiked.

I Never had an issue wrestling a spiked walker.
    atrainofficial
  • Monsuta
    > @Edd8 said:
    > I Never had an issue wrestling a spiked walker.

Before today's the distance, I always successfully wrestle with spiked using gold wrestler, but now I failed a few times. Guess it's RNG unlucky to trigger the wrestler in 1st turn.
  • TheLostOnes
    TheLostOnes Member Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pig said:

Done. I wouldn't say it was tougher this time, but it took more radios than the other two times I beat it.

The last mission was cool. You can hide your guys down in the lower left corner and pretty safely watch the walkers munch on the freemen. Then it's Wrestlemania 2017, brother!

I also used a lot more radios this time. I completed it twice using about 100 radios in each go. If I had spent 40 gold to heal at the right time I could possibly have saved 25-35 radios per try but these days I'm more cheap with my gold than with my radios.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    Pigatrainofficial
  • Captainslayer
    Captainslayer Member Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the distance, it brought a bit of fun back in the game for me and I was actually playing for me, (not to mention the only decent way to get badges) instead of only for my guilds sake
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    TheLostOnesTaraMichonne
  • Knightmare65
    Knightmare65 Member Posts: 36 ✭✭✭
    > @Monsuta said:
    > > @Knightmare65 said:
    >
    > Even level 1 survivor can wrestle level 100 tank or spiked to death, although you may need a few tries on spiked.

How can you say that a level 1 survivor can out wrestle a level 100 tank or spiked to death? Really? Show me by putting it up on You Tube. One hit from a spiked at any level is going to cause your survivor to bleed to death no matter what level that survivor is. It took my level 19 survivors with 20 gear at least 6 shots to put a level 21 tank down. I want demonstrations on You Tube on how to advance above level 7 in The Distance.
    Monsutacrambert_necJadenCaptainslayerBBRiSCBMASlowMoatrainofficialromeo
  • TJS
    TJS Member Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    @Knightmare65
    I don't know about a 1lvl survivor but you can definitely take down a spiked walker with wrestler. I haven't seen a 1lvl survivor used but you probably could.
    There's plenty of videos on utube & here on the forum.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    Pig
  • Monsuta
    @Knightmare65 OK, I'll record a video about my low level survivor wrestling a spiked walker in the next distance on Saturday just for you.
    crambert_necTJSJadenPigCaptainslayeratrainofficialromeo
  • crambert_nec
    crambert_nec Member Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's already videos of this...
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    Pigatrainofficialromeo
  • mik81
    mik81 Member Posts: 339
    You can do it. Although it has to be a bug... I mean the walker description says something like, Struggle with a spiked walker will result on an instant dead. If you can struggle you can wrestle... so either the text description is incorrect or there is some type of bug involved on the mechanic allowing you to struggle and wrestle. Not sure about other's experience but it doesn't seem to work all the time... I've experienced some randomness here.
    TJSJadenPig
  • Mabiki
    Mabiki Member Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mik81 said:

You can do it. Although it has to be a bug... I mean the walker description says something like, Struggle with a spiked walker will result on an instant dead. If you can struggle you can wrestle... so either the text description is incorrect or there is some type of bug involved on the mechanic allowing you to struggle and wrestle. Not sure about other's experience but it doesn't seem to work all the time... I've experienced some randomness here.

Not sure if it's a bug or just an incorrect description. There have been a few updates since it was openly discussed on the forum, and the mechanic hasn't changed. I don't recall NG staff making any official declaration about it.

As for randomness - wrestler, as it currently works, is still a percentage chance and not a gurantee. Gold wrestler stacked with luck is very reliable, but it still isn't 100 percent. And of course, that soon will change.
    TJSPig
  • Phalanx44
    Phalanx44 Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could do it before this Distance, but failed a number of times on Tuesday. I abandoned that strategy, as 6 lost survivors was too punishing for my line up. Used a different tactic instead to get past that level.

Still the point remains, its no longer 100% effective, even with a gold trait. ( thats what i was using)
    GovernatorPig
  • crambert_nec
    I wonder if that description just means that's what would happen if you didn't have Wrestler.
    MonsutaPig
  • mik81
    edited October 2017
    @crambert_nec That's the only explanation, Wrestler roll happens before than the insta death from the spiked ability. But reading the descriptions... seems that something is wrong

"If your survivor enters a struggle with a spiked walker, they die immediately"
    "When struggling against a walker you have a a 60% chance to kill it at the start of your turn"

I mean it may be me, but if I read the above I'd think you cant wrestler on a spiked walker....

Pig
  • Monsuta
    @Mabiki @crambert_nec @mik81 There's nothing wrong about the description of Spiked Walkers that missing the detail of countermeasure using wrestler. You can check out the description of Tank Walkers & Goo Walkers that missing the detail of countermeasure using stun resistance too:

https://nextgames.helpshift.com/a/the-walking-dead-no-man-s-land/?s=combat&f=what-are-tank-walkers
    "What are Tank Walkers?
    One of the toughest enemies are Tank Walkers - they are strong, tough to kill, and very dangerous!

Their attacks are capable of stunning your survivors for 1 turn - be very careful when approaching them in close quarters combat!

Their massive amount of Health makes it difficult to kill them quickly. It’s always a good idea to attack them from a distance and finish them with a powerful blow. This is why high damage-dealing classes such as Hunters, Shooters, and Scouts are the best pick for fighting Tank Walkers."

https://nextgames.helpshift.com/a/the-walking-dead-no-man-s-land/?s=combat&f=what-are-goo-walkers
    "What are Goo Walkers?
    Beware, something’s lurking in the mud!

Goo walkers are tank walkers that have absorbed a lot of water becoming bloated and gooey. They have high health and are stun resistant. Their attacks stun survivors for 1 turn.

When killed with ranged attacks, goo walkers explode causing threat. The explosion doesn’t deal any damage but stuns all survivors, heroes and human enemies in the range of the explosion."
  • mik81
    @Monsuta

The walker attacks you on its turn and you struggle. As the description says: "if your survivor enters in struggling" I would think that would happens on its turn right after he hits you, you die on that turn, and you cannot go to the next turn when wrestler would come.

The wrestler description says "while struggling" and "at the start of your turn" so that made me think that will happen after you enter in struggling.

MonsutaPig
  • Monsuta
    @mik81 Good point, in that case when spiked grab any enemy should be instant death without going into any struggle animation.
    Pig
  • crambert_nec
    Who knows. Maybe it's intended. Maybe it's not. All I know is we're all dead in like two weeks :D
    PigCaptainslayerMonsutaatrainofficialromeo
  • mik81
    Monsuta said:

@mik81 Good point, in that case when spiked grab any enemy should be instant death without going into any struggle animation.

Yeah or at the end of their turn... or just change the walker description!.... it confuses me.
  • Pig
    Pig Member Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭✭✭

How can you say that a level 1 survivor can out wrestle a level 100 tank or spiked to death? Really? Show me by putting it up on You Tube. One hit from a spiked at any level is going to cause your survivor to bleed to death no matter what level that survivor is. It took my level 19 survivors with 20 gear at least 6 shots to put a level 21 tank down. I want demonstrations on You Tube on how to advance above level 7 in The Distance.

I don't have video, but you can clearly see a low level survivor named Dale has just wrestled and killed a spikey in a screenshot in my training thread: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/29988/pig-trains-new-recruits-for-the-distance

If not wrestler, how else do you think those low level chumps beat the two spikeys? You can also see my completion screen, showing that I got past level 7. And I'm not an elite player... I just used wrestler a lot.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    bigbeanotabernaccrambert_necMonsutaSCBMAromeo
  • StHall
    StHall Member Posts: 67 ✭✭✭
    The only time wrestle did not work for me against a spikey, was when I had my guy attack him first. It did damage to me and then on the spikey's turn, he killed me. I had to just run up next to him, and make sure not to attack.
  • Monsuta
    edited October 2017
    @Knightmare65 I kept my promise. Do you believe it now?

And this what Shane used:

TJSJadenSCBMAcrambert_necWeekOnebigbeanoKARAZIPKALI
  • WeekOne
    WeekOne Member Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Good job @Monsuta .... Awesome sauce right there! That sure shut some pie holes lol :p

Got to love the kick ass lvl 2 common wrestler trait!
    Monsuta
  • zerosouL
    zerosouL Member Posts: 110
    Spiked walkers seems bugged like almost eveything else in this game and theres no good explanation for why it works/doesnt work. I know people that can trigger wrestler on them with bronze LLS wrestler every single time while others cannot trigger it with decked out gold luck wrestlers at all. Make sense right...

Regarding the distance mode...its lazy design behing it that makes it boring as hell. At the certain point its just a straight up brainless grind. It should be called FUBAR instead.
    InvaderFragzieMonsutaTheSittingDuckromeo
  • Boilermaker
    Boilermaker Member Posts: 55 ✭✭✭
    The difficulty increased significantly this week. It forces us to rely more on wrestle trait than ever. With update 2.8, we will no longer be able to take advantage of the wrestle trait to kill high lv special walkers...too sad...
    Current player level 64
    Contribute >1,200 stars each week (career high 1,538)
    jesterromeo