Distance on 10/14 - Anyone Beat Mission 21?

I made it to mission 21 with almost half of my 42 survivors still alive. But they were slaughtered on mission 21 where there are three free men, two with over 100k health. There are no walkers to help take them down.

I can't believe there is anyone able to beat this level. If anyone has please give us a clue as to how you did it.
crambert_necred182

Comments

• Serp
    Serp Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope
  • Governator
    Governator Member Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. I got the Freeman Hunter down to about 20K health, but I got slaughtered. Stopped when I ran out of charged up Hunters/Shooters.
  • avelardez
    avelardez Member Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope they took out the walkers so that’s how they handicap us in the name of combat balancing.
    GovernatorAval0n
  • Monsuta
    Monsuta Member Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    avelardez said:

Nope they took out the walkers so that’s how they handicap us in the name of combat balancing.

Can your 3 charged shooter using gold piercing & max damage & critical damage badges able to take out a single freemen especially the 128044 hp warrior in your first turn?
  • Governator
    Governator Member Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @paintbeast. I like pushing my ability to beat it. It's like golf. You try and see if you can do better each time you play. But when it gets to the point of futility, it's time to move on. I'll be limiting myself to getting the second set of Aaron tokens for now. I'll probably ignore it once I unlock him (30 tokens away).
  • avelardez
    avelardez Member Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Monsuta they can’t do much damage to them.
    Governator
  • Monsuta
    @avelardez 3 shooter charge attack should ignore body shot to do critical damage, then 3 normal attack might have a chance of 1 critical damage too from the 30% piercing.
    jimmorrison369
  • Monsuta
    Here's examples of shooter doing critical hit to enemy level 20+ & above using piercing weapon:

jimmorrison369pkerr116DLichpsychwolfbigbeano
  • Edd8
    Edd8 Member Posts: 135
    @Monsuta i killed the scout with 1 hunter and 2 shooters. Incendiary helped alot (about 40k damage) i also got lucky with a crit hit. i don't think it's possible without a hunter unless the three shooters can do +35k damage. warrior was easy to kill while he's in cover i hit him about a million time with a shooter and he didn't move (intended or bug i don't know), i believe @avelardez did the same.

Now for the hunter. Each turn he make a move and line up at least two of my survivors and shoot them, no way to kill him or at least i couldn't maybe someone out there will do it.

that was on Tuesday this time i didn't bother.
    Governator
  • Monsuta
    edited October 2017
    @Edd8 @avelardez A team of 3 fully charged shooter can do 3 charged critical attack & then 3 normal attack on the 1st turn, and at least another 3 normal attack on the 2nd before they died.
    6 normal hit have at least 1 critical hit with 30% piercing.

Those 4 critical attack can do less than 30k damage on average with the help of 5 body shot to take down that 128k health warrior.

Not to mention charge with gold ruthless armor, weapon with gold destructive, badges with critical damage & standard damage increase.

These 3 shooter can all die in this first try just to kill that 128k health warrior.

Then the 2nd try with only one 60k health scout & another 68k health hunter left you can slaughter them easy.

OR

Take out the scout or hunter first.
    Next try take out the other.
    Last try use incendiary to play hide & seek with the warrior.
  • TJS
    TJS Member Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, didn't beat it but I did manage to beat my best again. Got a look at the last mission but didn't have a hope.

-
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    JerryDixon
  • UsRealm
    UsRealm Member Posts: 20
    Sounds like it truly is impossible unless someone can find a bug. Even if i started with all my survivors alive and full health I don't think I could beat it. What's the point of making it impossible to win?
    GovernatorJadenbababooeyljr6jvhv4
  • pkerr116
    pkerr116 Member Posts: 34
    I’m just not a fan of 1) wasting all my gas, gold, and time, and 2) watching all my survivors die.

The rewards are paltry relative to the investment, of both gold and unlimited gas.

I got the first level 22 gold weapon, which I’ll scrap one day soon. Didn’t really see the point of just making myself frustrated.

The idea here is sound. Conceptually, I like it.

But, really, what does the ‘ideal’ path look like? A set of 50 survivors, at max level, all with 3 stars plus, including heroes? Equipped with all legendary gear, all with the right traits, and each with a full set of perfectly balanced and matched badges?

Now that the exploit of wrestling has been tamed, I am completely unclear what a winning lineup looks like. I didn’t even like it with the exploit. It makes even less sense now.
    Edd8General_Quatrepsychwolfljr6jvhv4
  • Boilermaker
    Boilermaker Member Posts: 55 ✭✭✭
    Oct 14 the Distance is really unbeatable. I still had 25 top survivors when entering the last mission, many of whom were charged. It only took literally seconds for a team of 3 to die without dealing any substantial damage to the enemies.
    Current player level 64
    Contribute >1,200 stars each week (career high 1,538)
  • tallinie
    tallinie Member Posts: 402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    warrior freeman was too strong for me so didnt complete distance this time. but hunter and scout freemen were ok. attached some screen captures from last night, my shooter is lvl 22 1-pink, lvl 24 weapon and lvl 25 armor.
  • jester
    jester Member Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yet, they're still nerfing wrestler and stun resist.
    GovernatorCaptainslayerJaden
  • zeeblack
    zeeblack Member Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I did and then I woke up

Zee Black - SG Woots - Playing since 2015.

TroublemakerJadenGovernatorbigbeano
  • zeeblack
    zeeblack Member Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tallinie said:

warrior freeman was too strong for me so didnt complete distance this time. but hunter and scout freemen were ok. attached some screen captures from last night, my shooter is lvl 22 1-pink, lvl 24 weapon and lvl 25 armor.

Is that Freemen on steriods

Zee Black - SG Woots - Playing since 2015.

• xyf80
    xyf80 Member Posts: 60
    edited October 2017
    probably no one could pass mission 21...