Weekend event.

DLich
DLich Member Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
Jackpot and double xp from kills.

Would have been best for a 5 second survivor and equipment upgrade weekend for players to utilize the free update gift to its full potential but no we get jackpot and double xp from kills.

But wait there’s more.

Players who use the free gift will earn double xp from there as well as from kills making us max out xp even faster which will result in using gold to rush gear and survivor upgrades. Also those who are lucky enough to get a jackpot will feel inclined to spend gold to unlock the additional creates.

Free gift given and the weekend event pertains to using gold.

Remember...

Every rushed upgrade is about $1.50-$2 worth of gold. Every 3 additional crates is $.25 worth of gold.

Nothing is ever free!!

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
| My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
autumn_ashJackBauerGovernatorEdd81LostWarriorDBonessbfDoTakpradiPain WalkerTroublemakerbigbeanoJadenApexPredpaintbeastCaptainslayerjimmydawisekiwinz7OneVoiceBuckzzBloodyChainsawTheSittingDuck8N8

Comments

• autumn_ash
    autumn_ash Member Posts: 269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Vive la résistance!
    TWD ⭐️ FearTWD ⭐️ Ride with Norman Reedus
    JackBauerTroublemakerApexPredMadPuppyCaptainslayerTheSittingDuck
  • Kratos
    Kratos Member Posts: 454 ✭✭✭✭✭

Weekend event is double XP.

Who counts jokepot as an event!?

NG
    Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
    JadenApexPredCaptainslayerR2runfastTheSittingDuck
  • TransmuteJun
    TransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every rushed upgrade is a guild gift my guild members aren't getting. Same if I restart The Distance. Sorry, guys. :disappointed:
    GovernatorJaden
  • JayZ
    JayZ Member Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just as a tip: You can maximize weekends/events where you get a lot of XP by upgrading your gear 1 or 2 stages before the weekend and saving the last upgrade for the weekend. Because the upgrade time is the same, you can use more XP if you are upgrading a higher level piece of equipment.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    GovernatorbigbeanoDBones8N8
  • Governator
    Governator Member Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @JayZ said:
    > Just as a tip: You can maximize weekends/events where you get a lot of XP by upgrading your gear 1 or 2 stages before the weekend and saving the last upgrade for the weekend. Because the upgrade time is the same, you can use more XP if you are upgrading a higher level piece of equipment.

I’m also training up some of my low-level survivors I hoarded for The Distance. They make decent XP Banks despite the low return when you retire them. Better than nothing.
    DBonesGeneral_QuatreJaden
  • JayZ
    JayZ Member Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

> @JayZ said:

> Just as a tip: You can maximize weekends/events where you get a lot of XP by upgrading your gear 1 or 2 stages before the weekend and saving the last upgrade for the weekend. Because the upgrade time is the same, you can use more XP if you are upgrading a higher level piece of equipment.

I’m also training up some of my low-level survivors I hoarded for The Distance. They make decent XP Banks despite the low return when you retire them. Better than nothing.

Great idea!
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
  • LootHoarder
    LootHoarder Member Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    One thing to note on the xp player banking is remember to do it as a secondary to equip xp banking as returns from surv retiring as i recall are still not benefited from 2x xp style things like boosters or events. Someone refresh my memory on that for the events part pretty sure its that neither 2x boosters or general 2x xp events will change the returns from retiring survs anymore.

No matter what tho if youve got xp that you need to juice, running both your workshop and training facilities is much better imo than juicing gold for fast upgrades or worse curtailing your grind when you know you gotta be on the grind all the time.
  • paintbeast
    paintbeast Member Posts: 1,187
    WooHoo! I get the weekend off (because I for damn sure won't be giving NG any money to rush training ground or workshop).
  • Jaden
    Jaden Member Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thing that I still have survivors at level 21 to upgrade to 22. Still think that 5sec upgrades for survivors and gear would have been a nicer event than Jackpot.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    jimmorrison369DLichDoTakGovernator
  • DLich
    DLich Member Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this lines right up there with the days preceding 2.6 when the community finally got its trade supplies for gear event. Then 2 days later update 2.6 came out and everyone used up all their supplies.

Also similarly how players used a ton of gas to play a challenge which was reset because of an NG error. Then players got compensated like 25 gas that they had to claim within a certain amount of time (I think it was less than 24 hours) or else it disappeared.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    JadenNezoDBonesTroublemaker8N8
  • Serp
    Serp Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @DLich said:
    > I think this lines right up there with the days preceding 2.6 when the community finally got its trade supplies for gear event. Then 2 days later update 2.6 came out and everyone used up all their supplies.
    >
    > Also similarly how players used a ton of gas to play a challenge which was reset because of an NG error. Then players got compensated like 25 gas that they had to claim within a certain amount of time (I think it was less than 24 hours) or else it disappeared.

I don’t think I can recall any of your posts being this “testy”. Should be a sign to NG that the shenanigans are getting old.
    paintbeastWahooDawgDBonesSCBMAautumn_ashEdd8JadenDodkong
  • Boilermaker
    Boilermaker Member Posts: 55 ✭✭✭
    Good analysis and conclusion!
    Current player level 64
    Contribute >1,200 stars each week (career high 1,538)
  • I_Am_Psycho
    I_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't fully caught up after a few days mostly inactive.

Double XP from kills ... that was the weekend event last time we had gas and XP booster gift following 2.6 update.

I remember, because I practically called it beforehand saying, surely they wouldn't be so daft, and then that was the weekend event.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    JadenDLichpaintbeast