ULTIMATE CHALLENGE / NORMAL CHALLENGE

TJS
TJS Member Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
In an extra attempt to gain some feedback for NG on this weeks 'Ultimate Challenge' place a vote & if you like, add some details on your experience.

Please keep comments constructive and not focus on the bugs with round passes etc.
(We all hope & except bug with RPs will be fixed)

**You may want to hold off your vote until the end of challenge.

***You may also like to mention any changes you'd like to see with the Ultimate Challenge if it was to become permanent.
-
TJS  -  Member of W-S
Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain

ULTIMATE CHALLENGE / NORMAL CHALLENGE 181 votes

I like the Ultimate Challenge & would like it to be permanent
82%
pirate1125PutchucodemongirlAnnette578Loewe1968RickGramesPain WalkerWalkerKillerdiogeeKaLiIvoMorgokDoTakElkadorBill_ZRTR2runfast8900rpmcapibaraatrainofficialJerryDixon 150 votes
I like the Ultimate Challenge but would like to go back to the usual system
3%
TransmuteJunjesterDIblisAnDronchikMojakuSleeperyJeemAudreym 7 votes
I don't like the Ultimate Challenge
12%
FragziecotodosozeeblackTripodbladgierDragonfyreJ_LawRikochetDbld1369marie1980MattOfEarthMarkus_Nick37GeirallisFahqbendoverXanadurebirthunionBreshsuzyq 23 votes
I don't care
0%
CrashOut 1 vote
TroublemakerpradicapibaraDLichwrinkled_bagJericoI_Am_PsychoOvergrowdaworld

Comments

• TJS
    IMO
    I'm loving the Ultimate Challenge system so far. My guild is also loving it, I've not see so much life and happiness in general chat for ages. I will hold off my vote until later in the challenge but I suspect I'd like this system to become permanent.

I look forward to hearing from other players with their own experiences.

TJS
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    David_H79romeosuzequeueDLichsbf
  • Mabiki
    Mabiki Member Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holding my vote for a few days, but weighing in on the first impression . So far, I'm liking it. I have long been a supporter of reduced grind. After the high star counts from the last update, it does feel weird to be 3 rounds above my survivor level and only have 500ish stars, but I don't consider that a problem.
    TJSJadenPigromeojimmorrison369Raven2318psychwolf
  • bladgier
    bladgier Member Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Because there's no more deluxe crates after 1.1k stars mark.

Edit:

Thanks @TJS as per usual I have acted hasty.
    I would like to change my vote from Don't like to Don't care.
    That is not because I do not actually care, it's because I'm thorn lirerally 50/50 and can't make my mind.

On one side you've got less grind, much faster progress and rewards, less time spent on the challenge and more time to do other things, but that favors heavily "hardcore" players.
    On the 2nd, less rounds means less progression tg's and post mission crates.
    That also means much less supplies from challenge that lots if not majority of players needs. I personally don't nees supplies anynore, just thinking about everybody here, we all did need supplies to get when we are.
    Also scavenge is more expensive to get supplies and everything else so even if those less "hardcore players" need supplies, their game progression gets slower down.

The other thing is that this kind of gameplay favors again those strong player that get to the rsl 30th every challenge regardless of class bonus without bigger issiues.
    Myself I'm a type of a player that gets to 29th and leaves it there or sometimes gets trough 29th and reaches 30th rarely without even touching it.
    That means, my competing chances get lower down furthermore due to 2 rounds format up until 30t.

Overall this format is very good for long time "hardcore veterans" but less attractive to new and mid game ones.

Again, I'm not saying no to either. It's a tough call to me really. Something like in between would be nice I guess. Like 3 rounds from 27th, 28th maybe?

I'll be watching from side how this thing progresses.
    TJS1LostWarriorSplatterArtisansFahqbendoverpsychwolf
  • TJS
    edited November 2017
    > @bladgier said:
    > Because there's no more deluxe crates after 1.1k stars mark.

I saw this mentioned in another thread and @Fearofabotplanet said "Thanks for the report, we'll look into it" so maybe this was not intended & will be changed/fixed.

But all the same, thanks @bladgier for your feedback.

***edit to add link to latest response on this;
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/279643/#Comment_279643
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
  • NG_Sam
    NG_Sam Member Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That has been fixed now.
    TJSJadenbladgierDavid_H79pradiPain WalkerPic
  • DBones
    DBones Member Posts: 784
    Sans the bugs, I’m also loving the new system. Good call with this poll, TJS
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    TJSDavid_H79atrainofficialSplatter
  • David_H79
    David_H79 Member Posts: 1,788
    I really love the ultimate challenge.
    Less trivial rounds and faster progress to the interesting stages.
    A noticeable difficulty increase in the second round through armored and fatty spawn.
    Adjusted reward stages and a similar number of earned round passes in the end (I think so far, will see at the end).

I don't know how lower level players are effected, so can't say something here.

As a bonus this week we have double (?) guild rewards and more tokens in the token crates.
    Even without I would love to see this as a permanent change.

Maybe some adjustments are possible for the players who love to have some more rounds. Start at a lower RSL, triple rounds from 27 to 29 or something like that.
    TJS
  • zeeblack
    zeeblack Member Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Being a casual player, I like the current challenge system as I play the challenge till Sunday. Monday, I play the story mode, Tuesday is usually rest day and back to challenge on Wednesday. I usually opt not to play the Distance or Outposts

As far as the current challenge is concerned, I would be done away with the ultimate challenge by Friday.

I have voted that I don't like it. However, if all the players are for it, then I am OK if it is made permanent provided the double guild rewards and more tokens in the token crates are also made permanent ;) .

Zee Black - SG Woots - Playing since 2015.

David_H79TJSFragzieKillersZPicShadowaceAz
  • TeenahGee
    TeenahGee Member Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    I am waiting to vote as well. In some aspects, I do like the new format. However, I want to see how far I can get. I am not a maxed out player, survivor level 16. I think changing both the starting level and the number of rounds may be too much of an adjustment. Also, it is hard to tell if the rewards are equal with the double guild event.
    TJS_Lily_
  • EL34xyz
    EL34xyz Member Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the new format
    Less grind is awesome!!!!
    Less time feeling like "I have to play or I will run out of time"

Less stars, but that is no big deal because everyone is on the same playing field
    And it made no sense to me when NG more than doubled the star counts when the regular challenge format changed.

The prizes in the deluxe challenge crates have been excellent for me
    Here's the highlights from those crates

PutchucoTJSautumn_ashDBonessbfanachro12
  • DLH
    DLH Member Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Ultimate challenge with the caveat that the reward levels stay where they are this challenge. Otherwise Nah
    Asylum/BlackjacknBeef Guild Family
    TJSautumn_ashbigbeano_Lily_
  • capibara
    capibara Member Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/31311/what-does-capybara-says
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. LINE ID: capyrodent
    My Recruiting den. Capy into Music History and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection, now DECA Collection.
    TJSbigbeanoDBones
  • TransmuteJun
    TransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was very angry yesterday missing my round pass, especially when NG send me a generic message telling me that they couldn't fix it. They can target me with a message but not give me an extra round pass. Really??? But putting that issue aside...

The new challenge is interesting, and I certainly like the double guild rewards. But doubling the guild rewards is not permanent. I'm getting close to the end of the challenge and will likely finish it today, leaving a looong weekend with no challenge to play. This means I will probably play less. I'm not sure how this benefits NG. I know it doesn't benefit me.

But most of all, I am unhappy with the loss of TG (because of playing fewer rounds). If they doubled the end of round TG, that would alleviate this issue for me, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen...
    TJSJackBauerSplatter
  • Pain Walker
    Pain Walker Member, Content Creator Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes yes make a permanent change for the better :)

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    TJSbigbeano
  • suzyq
    suzyq Member Posts: 1
    After playing through to level 23 in the new challenge, I can tell you, I am not a fan of it. The stars obtainable by the player have been greatly reduced. I used to get to level 24 with over 750 stars, but now when I reach level 24, I only have 470 stars! Also, the amount of gas needed increases at 400 stars, where before it did not increase until I had 600 stars. You say there are more prizes, but it seems to me that I received more stuff the old way, before you eliminated 7 of my playing rounds. Seven less rounds is a lot of prizes to make up, and I am not seeing that being done. Also, at the beginning of level 24, I always had 4 round passes, but now at the beginning of level 24, I have only 3 round passes!
    It appears that the changes made were designed for the powerhouse players that want to see how far they can get in less time. But the majority of us playing this game are not powerhouse players.....what about us?
    TJSTransmuteJunFragziePR0DJholo1LostWarriorRaven2318anachro12Dbld1369
  • pirate1125
    pirate1125 Member Posts: 264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its good if round passes work and we keep double rewards. If Not the double rewards you're losing too much IMO
    TJSFragzie
  • SleeperyJeem
    SleeperyJeem Member Posts: 111
    Get the bugs out (broken ad rewards, miscalculated round passes, missing milestones) and keep the double guild rewards as standard and I am more than good with it. Until all that’s fixed go back to the old one.
    TJS
  • autumn_ash
    autumn_ash Member Posts: 269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    David_H79 said:

Maybe some adjustments are possible for the players who love to have some more rounds. Start at a lower RSL, triple rounds from 27 to 29 or something like that.

Players who love to have more rounds can simply replay finished ones as long as it suits them, it's really an open possibility. One can stay, say, on RSL+1 or +2 and grind it forever, just replaying the maps over and over. It wouldn't give anyone more stars though.
    TWD ⭐️ FearTWD ⭐️ Ride with Norman Reedus
    David_H79Bill_ZRTEdd8PR0DJDBonesTJSJadensbfMrsScattercushion
  • ADPaq
    ADPaq Member Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I want to add my voice to the chorus. NG cannot go back, even temporarily, to the grind of the previous challenge set up.

I'm sure tweaks can and will be made to the new style to further improve it, I won't lie I'd love to see a permanent increase in rewards, but going back after this would likely cause people to riot.
    autumn_ashDBonesTJS
  • Conan1976
    Conan1976 Member Posts: 722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the easiest poll EVER :-)
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    EL34xyzPR0DJDBonesTJSanachro12
  • EL34xyz
    EL34xyz Member Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Don't forget that they are wanting feedback in the game help menu also, so go do that.

I sent this feedback this morning and got this reply

JerryDixonDBonesTJSJaden
  • Phalanx44
    Phalanx44 Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything about this new setup is pure gold to me. Less grind, more time/gas for other things, etc. My only 'want' is that the rewards stay at the current double. If they cut in half next week, tokens, phones, etc, the burden will really be felt by a huge majority of the community, no matter where on the scale of newbie to veteran you fall.

Other than that, kudos to the staff at NG. Hit this one oit of the park!
    PR0DJTJSJadenADPaqRINO4739p_herian
  • DLich
    DLich Member Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Phalanx44 said:

If they cut in half next week, tokens, phones, etc, the burden will really be felt by a huge majority of the community, no matter where on the scale of newbie to veteran you fall.

This is not true at all. Guild rewards were scaled along with the less stars earned. If a guild has 20 players who all earn 1000 in the old format that’s 20,000 star reward.

In this format each guild member should earn 700 stars. 700 x 20 = 14,000 stars.

700 is 70% of 1000
    14,000 is 70% of 20,000

Radios are doubled yes and TG’s for rounds no longer being played will be lost so I somewhat agree that the double guild tg rewards make up for most of the TG’s lost from rounds but all in all it’s about 9-12K TG’s lost overall if it goes back to regular rewards which were getting double phones for now.

The quantity number of rewards a guild earns in this system is equal to the quantity a guild earns in the old system assuming every guild member puts in as much effort as they did last week as this week.

Players aren’t getting any lesser number of rewards for putting in the same effort rsl wise.

Edit for spelling.

PS 330 gas for 9K TG’s is basically the swap as well as time playing those 9 extra rounds.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Edd8Bill_ZRTDBonesTJSpaintbeastJadensbfMrsScattercushionp_herian
  • CrazyD
    CrazyD Member Posts: 134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Love the less grind. Only thing im not liking is the fact that you have armored or tanks on Every map now on the .2 lvl

I like diversity and thinking about adding those Every other round makes me want to use my best toons quicker and more for taking them on. I Like maps with only normal walkers as well in the mix.... like the nest with loads of normals thats already challenging on higher Lvls. Since this challenge the farmlands is mostly open spaced maps where i can manouvre a lot i dont have much trouble with the tanks or armored added, and well its assault week as well.... but interesting to see this effect on small chalenge maps....

Imo a mix of old and new sounds best....the old challenge 3 maps per rsl can stay.... except more frequently round passes and start at higher rsl like this challenge did.

But.... LOVING the reduced grind!!!!
    (Re)tired
    TJSArtisans
This discussion has been closed.