Special Challenge Event Preview - 'Ultimate Challenge' Event

16791112

Comments

  • R2runfast
    R2runfast Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    When I was at a lower lvl and was trying to keep upgrading the council, other buildings, survivors, and BP I found that scavenge missions helped accumulate more supplies and xp than what the challenge had to offer.

    The grind was a headache... this change needs to be permanent

    Improved legendary gear in crates is a farce
  • Mais88
    Mais88 Member Posts: 339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Repeating a higher level round as many times as you want is awesome because not only do you have the choice of doing it again or advancing you are receiving MUCH BETTER rewards then you would receive by HAVING to do the low-level rounds previously. How can anyone not appreciate that? Better Boxes people. Any complaints are baseless.
  • crambert_nec
    crambert_nec Member Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Mais88 said:
    > Repeating a higher level round as many times as you want is awesome because not only do you have the choice of doing it again or advancing you are receiving MUCH BETTER rewards then you would receive by HAVING to do the low-level rounds previously. How can anyone not appreciate that? Better Boxes people. Any complaints are baseless.

    For real. Any complaints are not well thought out.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • Tapatio75
    Tapatio75 Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    708 stars Not a single legendary weapon, only xp, at least now I got 50000
  • romeo
    romeo Member Posts: 583 ✭✭✭
    i got some Epic gears and XP and Xp and Xp. oh and some decent tokens
  • ignas
    ignas Member Posts: 386
    This is not a complain that out of 6 deluxe crates I got 6 times XP but complain that every time it’s 50k. Shouldn’t we get better stuff in case of gear and more in case of supplies/XP while we are further and further in challenge? Just like in Distance.
  • TJS
    TJS Member Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ignas
    I don't disagree that the higher lvl challenge crates would be better if the rewards were higher but...

    I've said this before. It's a common misconception (specially in some FB groups) that a challenge crate opened at a higher level should contain a higher reward.

    But as I'm sure you're aware, a Deluxe Crate is a Deluxe Crate, a Token Crate is a Token Crate no matter what lvl you open it at.

    That being said, I wouldn't disagree with a change.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • ADPaq
    ADPaq Member Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be quite nice if NG opened up previous levels so you could go back and play them. That would allow players to push for the highest level they can get to, regardless of star count, but would also give the opportunity to go back and earn the missing stars if so inclined.
  • BttlOpener
    BttlOpener Member Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    ADPaq said:

    It would be quite nice if NG opened up previous levels so you could go back and play them. That would allow players to push for the highest level they can get to, regardless of star count, but would also give the opportunity to go back and earn the missing stars if so inclined.

    Who gives up stars missed until you have to? You do know that you don't have to complete the round and can go back to a mission(s) to repeat it until you get all 18 stars? That was one of the nice things about the change to the weekly challenge 2.0.
  • TJS
    TJS Member Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    DO YOU LIKE THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE?

    Cast your vote and/or post a comment

    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/31307/ultimate-challenge-normal-challenge
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • marie1980
    marie1980 Member Posts: 176
    Massive drop in stars for my guild,struggling to complete another round already ,don't like this at all.
  • Troublemaker
    Troublemaker Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @marie1980 said:
    > Massive drop in stars for my guild,struggling to complete another round already ,don't like this at all.

    It is a massive drop for ALL GUILDS AND PLAYERS and the rewards have been adjusted and had a bonus so we earned MORE TG and radios.

    These “less stars” critics reminds of that in-game poll where people chose Jackpot over other two events.
  • JayZ
    JayZ Member Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @ADPaq said:
    > It would be quite nice if NG opened up previous levels so you could go back and play them. That would allow players to push for the highest level they can get to, regardless of star count, but would also give the opportunity to go back and earn the missing stars if so inclined.

    For FTP players, between challenge and distance and without wasting any gas or videos, it was tough to get past RSL28 before the end of the challenge. I can imagine players skipping replaying earlier levels if they’re worried about not reaching the highest possible RSL.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
  • crambert_nec
    crambert_nec Member Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rfg1982 said:

    > @marie1980 said:

    > Massive drop in stars for my guild,struggling to complete another round already ,don't like this at all.



    It is a massive drop for ALL GUILDS AND PLAYERS and the rewards have been adjusted and had a bonus so we earned MORE TG and radios.



    These “less stars” critics reminds of that in-game poll where people chose Jackpot over other two events.

    They're literally the same people
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • marie1980
    marie1980 Member Posts: 176
    Yes crambert I've read the whole thread,it's just my opinion, to me and my guild it's all about the stars,its nice to get more rewards but I prefer the challenge how it was, hopefully NG won't do this again .
  • BttlOpener
    BttlOpener Member Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marie1980 said:

    Yes crambert I've read the whole thread,it's just my opinion, to me and my guild it's all about the stars,its nice to get more rewards but I prefer the challenge how it was, hopefully NG won't do this again .

    While I respect your opinion, a number of forum members (as well as myself) find it flawed. Stars earned are all for show. It is the milestones (rewards) a player and guild receives from said milestones that are important. Would you push for stars if there were not any rewards associated with them? I would think not.
  • Jaden
    Jaden Member Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, for some people it's all about the show and numbers, apparently. I'd rather have a currency where I earn 1000 of a month and live in luxury than one where I earn a million and will still be poor as a church mouse - especially if I have to work a lot less for those 1k and it will a job that's also much more fun.

    Will we ever be able to beat our personal or guild bests in this format? Probably not. But I am sure there would be ways to implement a legacy record and a new format record if someone really needs that.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

    Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • Edd8
    Edd8 Member Posts: 135
    edited December 2017
    To those who want to get 6 crates playing challenge missions. This my rewards at RSL 31.3

    I wasted 30 seconds of my life watching the video
  • Pandreq
    Pandreq Member Posts: 221
    Is there any comment yet regarding this format being extended, or hopefully becoming permanent? Seems to huge support on here for it.......
    @Shteevie @Fearofabotplanet @Teeceezy
  • Miki
    Miki Member Posts: 5
    Very good idea. Thanks!!! THANKS!!!
  • NG_Sam
    NG_Sam Member Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pandreq Next week we'll be going back to the normal Challenge set up, as this was a Challenge Event, But as we've said before we're going to look at the feedback from across the community for No Man's Land to see what impact this event had for you all and how it might affect future events moving forward. You lot have been doing a great job so far of letting us know exactly what you like and dislike about the current Event, so thanks a lot and keep up the fine work!
  • marie1980
    marie1980 Member Posts: 176
    Not everyone uses the forum,would have been a good idea to have a vote on the actual game itself, just an idea .