Update 2.9 - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• Troublemaker
    Troublemaker Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Muzz said:
    > Well I for one love the new daily quests! It gives me a reason to play something outside of the challenge rather than just to log in to check the TG store. For the first time in ages I’ve played scavenge missions, story missions, and used hero’s that I wouldn’t normally touch. I think the hero buffs that have been delivered in the update are probably the best thing - there may now actually be value in upgrading heroes like Rufus and that can only be a good thing. I haven’t got a single negative thing to say about it thus far (which is rare for me cos I’m a right grumpy old twat generally!). If we can just sort a fix for the challenge grind out we truly will be firing on all cylinders! Well done NG and @Shteevie @Teeceezy and all of the team. You guys did good!

I agree with @Muzz but there’s still lots and lots of bugs and mechanics to fix, plus solutions to the endless grind.

Think as NML as serious game, and not as “interactive jackpot machine”. Good things will come for us all.
    JadenToddCollier
  • Jaden
    Jaden Member Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    BTW... complete 12 missions... only worth 25 gold on my other accounts...

Edit: it is worth 30 on one account and the level of the account doesn't matter. One getting only 25 is my main.

Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • WeekOne
    WeekOne Member Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup... a very good first day. Love the daily quest revamp. That’s a lot of fun.

I was pleasantly surprised to find NEW OUTFITS for our survivors.

Thank you @Shteevie @Teeceezy <3 🎁 <3

Santa came early for me today  
    atrainofficialSCBMATroublemakerTJSToddCollier
  • Abryk
    Abryk Member Posts: 32
    Ok, so what happens when I click my settings, it shows version 2.9, the App Store (iOS 11 or greater) doesn’t prompt me to Update, only Open, and I can play the game - but none of the new features are there and it continually bugs me that game features are locked and I should update within 8 days to claim my free gift? Uninstall/reinstall? Is this something to put in the bugs section, or are others experiencing this issue?
    Thanks for any help/insight anyone can offer.
    KingLio
  • zbot
    zbot Member, OW Moderator, NML Legendary Moderator Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Abryk go to App Store, click on the Update tab, pull down on the update tab a few times to refresh and you should see a 2.9 NML update.

If you want to make sure your game is updated go into the game, click settings then credits to see which version of the game you are running, it should say 2.8.1.4 which is the update before 2.9.

Please take a look here for further help.
  • Abryk
    Abryk Member Posts: 32
    Actually, disregard above. Just remembered I could update the app cache from the iOS store (App Store>updates tab>pull down with finger). That fixed the problem, if anyone else runs into similar.
    KingLioToddCollier
  • eddiepizzle
    eddiepizzle Member Posts: 6
    Totally ignored Maggie in this update...one of the main characters...what a Shame.. I quit playing this game I f this isn't fixed in a couple of days
    JackBauerTJSTroublemakerToddCollier
  • There4IM
    There4IM Member Posts: 38 ✭✭✭
    Three blind mice...

SCBMATJSBuckzzFragziebigbeanoToddCollier
  • Richmagnus
    Richmagnus Member Posts: 1
    Rosita's Leader Ability is wildly out of sync with her class. The bonus for attacking one target does not make any sense for an assault character who uses area weapons. It should have been changed this update.
    OvergrowdaworldADPaqR2runfastLambariToddCollier
  • Overgrowdaworld
    Overgrowdaworld Member Posts: 536
    I love the new quest system!

JAZZZMANToddCollier
  • Overgrowdaworld
    Overgrowdaworld Member Posts: 536
    @Richmagnus
    I agree 1000%.
    ToddCollier
  • sbf
    sbf Member Posts: 460
    edited December 2017
    I'm enjoying the new daily quest system, phones/tokens as rewards are great, though it's not as earth-shattering as the hype.

I'm having some lag issues and noticed that Michonne lost health (which has been reported and should be fixed within days). I like the "end turn" button fix, though there were definitely more important fixes needed than daily quests and end turn. (End the grind, fix overwatch/retaliate, reduce bodyshots for melee at higher levels especially for bruisers, fix Michonne's leader trait bug, fix revenge bugs, to name a few).

Obviously the first priority is to help those who cannot log in or play, and it looks like NG is as on top of this as would be hoped. Cheers for that and I hope working through that is a speedy process. *edited to add a fix with the video ads is on the priority list

Fixing the grind needs to be next. I know NG is working on it, but it needs to happen quicker than it is happening. We can NOT wait until the next update, I do not want to lose more members of my guild, and I know there are many players/guilds out there dealing with this same issue.

I agree with the position that we need a free badge-unequiping week since heroes and bruiser weapons got buffed.

Cheers for the positives NG!
    TJSTroublemakerLambariToddCollier
  • docfinzenburg
    docfinzenburg Member Posts: 359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaden said:

A "Building Upgrade" daily quest? I hope, this kind of quest is cut out for end gamers.
    ADPaqJadenDBonesTroublemakerTransmuteJunSCBMAToddCollier
  • Mabiki
    Mabiki Member Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JAZZZMAN said:

Wtf?

What's the question?
    TJSdocfinzenburgJadenBuckzzToddCollier
  • tallinie
    tallinie Member Posts: 402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im quite doubtful of the new quest system and whether rewards are in balance vs effort. In previous system, you could switch quests and end up with 20 gold / day in average by doing just a few missions. I really hope the claimable token or gold crate is somehow boosted in comparison to challenges. Otherwise it may be that I dont much bother with these quests...
    paintbeastcapibaraDoTakToddCollier
  • eddiepizzle
    It would be nice if as you promoted heroes they started to look bow they do now for instance instead of season Maggie when she's fully upgraded you get The Widow AOW Maggie, same with all heroes, darkside Eugene, Rosita with tank top and ponytails, Morgan and Carol with Kingdom armor. Jesus minus the hat.. I could go on.. grey beard Rick during 801, Dwight with Daryl's vest.
  • eddiepizzle
    They should give you achievement s for making your team Rick,Carl, Michonne - team family acievement. Rick, Zeke and Maggie unlocks the king the widow and Rick acievement, Abraham Rosita ND Eugene unlocks Abraham's army acievement, Negan Dwight and Eugene unlocks the savior's achievement, Carol Zeke and Morgan unlock the kingdom achievement a d so on. The acievement s could use a serious upgrade and that's how it can be fixed
    atrainofficialToddCollier
  • TJS
    TJS Member Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @eddiepizzle said:
    > It would be nice if as you promoted heroes they started to look bow they do now for instance instead of season Maggie when she's fully upgraded you get The Widow AOW Maggie, same with all heroes,.....

What about Glenn. As you promote he becomes Dead Glenn?
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    DoTakDBonesGovernatormik81MadPuppyKratosTatdJdmToddCollier
  • eddiepizzle
    No each character should start out early like first Glenn is him with baseball cap and by the time you upgrade him all the way he's badass Glenn from S6, Rick goes from officer friendly to prison Rick to lunatic Rick to Alexandria Rick to AOW Rick Carl goes from little boy Carl to two eyed Carl to one eye Carl. Negan gets him in just his white shirt to jacket to jacket and guts to jacket and scarf, Carol goes from s1 to happy home maker to wolf to kingdom etc Daryl goes from short hair to open vest to leather jacket and vest to AOW wearing all black his hair grows each level.
    MudMoccasinTroublemakerToddCollier
  • eddiepizzle
    Maybe final Jesus is him with his man bun in his body armor like he has post war...I mainly want to see Maggie in the gane the way Maggie looks as "The Widow" she's more badass
  • TJS
    TJS Member Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree the rewards from crates are poor but the rewards completing the quest make up for it somewhat.

In all (IMO) I think it's better or as good as last system.

Usually you'll get 10 gold a day, rarely 30.
    In two days I've 10 gold, 10 fuel, 2 radios, xp, supplies and a few more I can't remember.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    DBones1Risjimmorrison369ToddCollier
  • eddiepizzle
    Morgan goes from king county Morgan to clear Morgan to Eastman Morgan to kingdom Morgan...it would be way better than having them look the same even when promoted....especially the Maggie is so outdated and she's my fav TWD character knowing her story from her beginning all the way up to the Whisperer War...we need her to LOOK like badass leader Maggie
  • SCBMA
    SCBMA Member Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

Why am I not getting my trophies? I completed all the quest today.

Never mind, it's because I didn't claim them. :|

TJSJackBauerToddCollier
  • DLich
    DLich Member Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SCBMA see that “claim” on the bottom right? Gotta click that. They aren’t automatic.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    SCBMAToddCollier
  • zbot
    zbot Member, OW Moderator, NML Legendary Moderator Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SCBMA you need to claim it first to complete it.
    SCBMAToddCollier
  • DLich
    DLich Member Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that you don’t get it automatically. Yesterday I was on full gas when I completed one that gives 10 gas. I was able to claim it when I was running low on gas

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    TJSDBonesSCBMAMaD VapoROvergrowdaworldJadenDavid_H79ToddCollier