Dropped Rates dropped

DLich
DLich Member Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
TLDR drop rates for epic and legendary gear were nerfed

Drop rates for legendary and epic gear were lowered compared to pre council. It’s great that rare gear was removed.

Legendary gear drop rate was 7.68% before.
— it’s 7.64% now.

Epic gear drop rate was 12.8% before.
— it’s 9.34% now.

Overall legendary and epic gear was 20.48% before
— it’s now 16.98%

Weapons (in general) was 64% before
— it’s now 16.98% (lower than epic/leg chance before.

20.48% compared to 16.98% is a 17% nerf. Drop rates for usable gear were lowered by 17%

Old

New

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
| My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
pirate1125msapaevaquilaromeo

Comments

• DLich

Legendary went down by .04%
    Epic went down by 3.46%

And they don’t add up 100% but rather 99.8%

• WahooDawg
    WahooDawg Member Posts: 455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They actually made it harder to find good gear? I didn’t think that was possible.
    flyingcowking
  • DLich
    It’s not a big difference (17% in the grand scheme of things and thinking how luck stacks lol) but I don’t know why the decision was made to lower then further.

This thread is meant for educational purposes only

GovernatorpsychwolfGindyDBones
  • ALF4reals
    ALF4reals Member Posts: 283
    true... id rather have 3x the XP than the crushing disappointment of getting rare gear
    Trust in NG *rubs ears* woo-sahhh

If you like my videos why not check them out on the YouTubes.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJNZhPyxCp36-ctXh7CHUvg?view_as=subscriber
    Gindy1RisSCBMACaptainslayerDLichDoTakDBonesromeozivaolivia
  • Gindy
    Gindy Member Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Ab-so-fn-lutely agree with @DoTak and @ALF4reals!

The increase went to XP which is biggly.... um, massively... EXPONENTIALLY an improvement over the scrap-rate return of green gear. I would definitely consider this change a "working wage" win. Gold crates, even with the perceived nerf, are infinitely (in comparison) aligned with the XP requirements needed for survivor and gear upgrades.

Truly thanks for finally making this change, @NG!

Gold XP return: 32,900-34,900

Green L22 Weapon: 7875xp
    32900−7875=25,025=317.77% increase :trollface:

/devil's advocate/ How long until we start seeing "6.75MM, I'm full!" threads??
    SCBMAtabernacDLich1RisGovernatorShadowaceAzDoTakDBones
  • DLich
    edited March 2018
    I just finished 24.1 and seems the drop rates increased.

Either they gradually increase as you get to higher rsl OR ng read this thread and changed it.

*edit. I noticed supplies have 0 chance. Maybe someone in a higher rsl like 28 or 29 can add some input about drop rates up there.

18.49% total chance. Still lower than originally but I also agree no green gear is great.

• Gindy
    Gindy Member Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full reset, just ran 22.1 and it looks like the "better chances of increased rewards" trends true, @DLich!

DLich
  • 1Ris
    1Ris Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RSL 28.2 @DLich

DLichGovernatorDoTakTJS
  • ShadowaceAz
    ShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,091

RSL 20.1
    Yeah, y’all didn’t know people started that low did ya? Hehe
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

DLich
  • Governator
    Governator Member Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1Ris said:

RSL 28.2 @DLich

I just did a screen shot of a 25.2 mission and the Chance % numbers are the same across the board as what @1Ris reported. The only difference is the XP amount. My range is 38000-40800. As expected, the XP amounts scale up as the levels get harder.
    DBoneskmr
  • ShadowaceAz
    I might simply be confused but that was Difficulty 20.1, so I had been under the impression that no green monster gear should have been available, but.. I see I was attacked by the “Teach you to Think” creature.
    Concordia

• DoTak
    DoTak Member Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just nice to be posting and seeing pics of non-rare gear in gold crates

I think this one was from rsl 23 or 24.1 because I'm only on 24.2 atm

DBones1Ris
  • Jaden
    Jaden Member Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish I wouldn't still get all that green crap on my baby account - this is another instance where looking at the data leads to a misinterpretation if you ask me (wouldn't anyone stop using green gear if they had good blue and gold gear?)

But yay for my main, finally no more green hell...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    DoTakDBones
  • jrodrf2
    jrodrf2 Member Posts: 333
    Out of curiosity, how's everyone feeling about a jackpot weekend now?
    DoTakDodkongGindyDBonesDLichJaden
  • DoTak
    DoTak Member Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jrodrf2 hadn't thought of that yet, but yeah! Gotta think it will be a big improvement! :)
    DodkongDBonesJaden
  • ShadowaceAz

Good Morning @Kaz,
    I see it’s about 1030 in Finland, so I assume you’ve
    had your morning coffee at least? Hope you had a nice
    breakfast and are ready for another day of ‘What just happened’.

Over here; https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/33251/council-upgrade-and-balancing-changes-in-2-10
    You wrote

Players that have been playing No Man's Land for 20 levels or more are able to build up a great collection of equipment for their Survivors. As the game progresses, the relative value of Rare Weapons and Equipment decreases, since players unlock more ways to earn and obtain Epic and Legendary gear. For this reason, we are adjusting the contents of Gold Crates for high level players and high-difficulty missions.

- Gold Mission Crates after missions of Difficulty 20 or greater will have a smaller chance to contain Weapons or armor, and all Equipment found in these crates will be Epic or Legendary.
    While that is looking nice on paper, I am thinking the wording between those two sentences might be confusing?
    In Red it is saying at level 20 or more
    In Blue it says after difficulty 20 or greater

In the attached image;
    at level 20.1 it still shows green goblins in the gold crate.
    at level 21.1 it no longer shows green goblins in gold crates.

Not truly impacting in any way, however back in the service, we had a term ‘Barracks Lawyer’ and these were the guys that thought they had the answer about every rule, regulation, and guideline for the military and were all to happy to point out any and all injustices they found. So before you get lawyer’d on, I just wanted to point this out to help avoid a “But @Kaz said... now I need to be compensated” situation.
    Haha :D

Now my question is, was that clear as mud, or did it make sense? Hahahah
    Concordia

• Pain Walker
    Pain Walker Member, Content Creator Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaz said in that announcement that the drop rates of gear will be slightly smaller

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
  • dlb
    dlb Member Posts: 296
    I started keeping track of gold boxes since yesterday. My sample size is too small, i know, but what ive gathered is interesting. Ive seen 15 gold boxes since the challenge began. Not a single one of them opened on the first roll. 3 opened in the second roll, leaving the remaining 12, the overwhelming majority, only accessible by spending gold. 2 of the 3 were decent legendary gear. I spent gold 3 times and received 2 legendary gear and 1 experience.

Overall it seems like gold boxes are more frequent this challenge, but they are even more rigged to force you to use gold. 0 for 15 opened in the first roll is offensive. However, im getting some pretty good rewards. And ive actually received deluxe reward crates worthy of being called deluxe, one epic and one legendary gear. I think ive gotten as much legendary gear as i normally get in a full challenge.

Forcing me to spend gold pisses me off. But getting legendary gear makes me happy. So i have no idea how i should feel right now. I am pretty sure that the decreased odds per roll are more than compensated by the increased opportunities to find gold boxes. And that, i guess, is what matters.
  • DLich

Kaz said in that announcement that the drop rates of gear will be slightly smaller

The word "smaller" wasn't mentioned but again it's not that serious. Like many players I am very happy to no longer have green gear in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA17VK8vX-s

• Mabiki
    Mabiki Member Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just above the line you quote in the official announcement is this sentence:

"- Gold Mission Crates after missions of Difficulty 20 or greater will have a smaller chance to contain Weapons or armor, and all Equipment found in these crates will be Epic or Legendary."
    DLich
  • DLich
    edited March 2018
    Well then I interpreted “smaller” wrong. If the old way was 64% and most of that was rare gear and rare gear was being removed then I didn’t expect gear to remain at 64% and only consist of epic and legendary.

I knew the rates for GEAR would go down based on rare being removed. That was obvious. I was not anticipating the rate of legendary and epic gear being adjusted.

*edit - I even mentioned this in my first video with ALF. It’s obvious gear would be smaller. Not so obvious that leg and epic would go down. I mean there’s no logic behind it imo.

JadenpaintbeastWahooDawg
  • Drunken
    Drunken Member Posts: 1,719
    I am okay with the decrease chance because no more green turds. I would however like to see a nerf for supplies to go to a higher RSL. This week I got supplies 1 round cause of RP. I know this couldn't be long term and most of us wouldn't want it long term. But until the crying starts would it be possible to increase RSL and supplies to still be there?

@Kaz
  • nadecir
    nadecir Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @dlb said:
    > I started keeping track of gold boxes since yesterday. My sample size is too small, i know, but what ive gathered is interesting. Ive seen 15 gold boxes since the challenge began. Not a single one of them opened on the first roll. 3 opened in the second roll, leaving the remaining 12, the overwhelming majority, only accessible by spending gold. 2 of the 3 were decent legendary gear. I spent gold 3 times and received 2 legendary gear and 1 experience.
    >
    > Overall it seems like gold boxes are more frequent this challenge, but they are even more rigged to force you to use gold. 0 for 15 opened in the first roll is offensive. However, im getting some pretty good rewards.>

I question whether NG's disclosure of the odds here truly complies with Apple's Developer Guidelines.

If the odds of selecting 1 out of 9 boxes is equal, it would be not difficult to display the odds of getting an individual item from the 9 loot boxes, depending on the rarity and number of loot boxes of each rarity shown at that time to the player. NG only gives you the odds of an item if the system might give you a specific rarity of a box.

There are other places in the game where there is a legitimate question about whether NG's disclosure of the odds satisfies the published guidelines. I doubt that just disclosing the odds of receiving the rarity of an item, such as with badges, is really enough to satisfy the intent of Apple's guidelines. There are other places, like with equipment, that the odds of receiving a rarity of an item are displayed and no additional odds information is displayed. For example, a player does not know the odds of receiving a legendary piece of equipment that is at your current maximum survivor level with traits that are desirable. The software could display all these odds to be completely transparent, and NG has chosen not to be transparent with these other odds.

It is up to Apple to decide if NG and NML complies with the Apple Developer Guidelines.
  • DLich
    @nadecir what kills me is most of the drop odds don’t add to 100% :lol:

Gold crates add to 99.9. Some Radio calls add to 99.9 some add to 100.1

Not even 100% :lol:

• Drunken
    Not trying to knock NG here too much, but I asked if I could get the Guild and Player rewards and what star they are reached and was told no against policy. I am like its public knowledge lol... I mean shit we are earning them, but now I have to track them to draw conclusions when in fact its a simple click of copy and paste....

They also aren't very clear on how traits work for example luck stacking. 15%+15%=30% but not in NG world. Trait numbers been dragged through dirt a million times, only reason we have semi advance numbers is players trial and errors
  • dlb
    DLich said:

@nadecir what kills me is most of the drop odds don’t add to 100% :lol:

Gold crates add to 99.9. Some Radio calls add to 99.9 some add to 100.1

Not even 100% :lol:

This is easily explained by rounding and simply not listing all of the decimals. They probably started with fractions and converted to decimals for the display. Then you decide how many decimals to display, which requires rounding. It's not a conspiracy. Intentionally loading the system with gold boxes that can only be purchased, now that is a conspiracy worth noting but i seem to be the only one who ever cares.
    JayZDLich
  • Drunken
    @nadecir

First it would take several to report them for Apple to investigate. I am surprised with Apples strict guidelines that they get away with not disclosing Kingdom Spear, Morgans Staff, and Pitchfork all do less damage when they sell in the bundle shop. I know players who have bought not realizing decreased damage then emailed apple for refund got the refund and kept the gear. I found out the hard way I bought morgans staff and pitchfork. Morgans staff I was like okay cool still great. Pitchfork I didn't like as really want threat reduction and SS on your scouts, so pitchfork is just rotting away and money is lost.
  • dlb
    3 more gold boxes, and i actually got one in my first roll. So thats 1 for 18. 2 were in the 3rd roll and i purchased one with gold. 42.5k experience was not worth it. So 1 first roll, 3 second, 14 third roll.