What are we grinding / working for exactly ???

So we grind in challenges to get more rewards / crates etc to get higher level for more guns and armor, upgrade our survivors to then get further in distance to then start the whole cycle again, but for what? Where are we headed? Whats next ?
Timboskisbfabve

Comments

• zeeblack
    zeeblack Member Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Hmmm too many questions. Can I add a few questions. What am I doing sitting in my office. Why not in a harem full of beautiful women? Why Emily Ratajkowski did not marry me?

Just kidding. I play games including No Man's Land purely for enjoyment. I would quit when I ultimately get bored or am dead, which ever comes earlier. Others may play for being the best in the game.

Zee Black - SG Woots - Playing since 2015.

JenngsuzequeueHaoGovernatorKillersZcapibaraCaptainslayerPain WalkerTHCrossabve
  • Serp
    Serp Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m just trying to get that carrot. So my question would be, “If that carrot wasn’t there why would we keep grinding?”.
    GovernatorpsychwolfcapibaraCamel56JenngArtisansxbamfxTHCross
  • Serp
    I should add, sometimes it’s about the journey not the destination. My journey parallels @ShadowaceAz somewhat.
    ShadowaceAzJadensuzequeueGovernatorTHCross
  • hunter_x
    hunter_x Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    That's why the developer's name are NextGame
    What's Next? Only them know
    THCross
  • jrodrf2
    jrodrf2 Member Posts: 333
    I'm also with @ShadowaceAz on this one. I play for fun, when it's no longer fun, I'm done.
    JadenMortmerShadowaceAzDodkongTHCross
  • thisdoesfine
    thisdoesfine Member Posts: 349
    I sort of agree. I used to grind in Everquest 2 with multiple accounts at once. Run raids in hopes your class gear drops and (in that game) you are up for looting it. Aside from the general grind to become virtually more powerful to be able to grind further, EQ2 had an extensive storyline able to be played solo. This game has one but it ends very fast. (A little longer by running it 3 times? Meh.)

In life, I'm not super competitive. I love disc golf but don't feel the need to play in or win tournaments. I run tournaments for charities instead. I'm a stay home Dad and don't feel like I'm missing out by being the bread winner even though I spent thousands of $$ too get a degree only to wipe butts and blow noses for a living, lol. The same goes for my gaming, I don't need to be #1 in my guild, I just like to play. The recent changes are, changes. For me, the game desperately needs a "story." I have played for a year now, I'm starting to pull back a little, unfortunately.

So, Yea. Time to head to bike week with the kids!
    JadenGovernatorJenngTHCrossThe_Overcomer
  • RoadRash
    RoadRash Member Posts: 174
    We grind cause it beats doing housework.
    JadenGovernatorDBonesJenngCaptainslayerTHCross
  • Guapo
    Guapo Member Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We grind because bread is awesome.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    JadenGovernatorJenngTHCross
  • JayZ
    JayZ Member Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a game. I don't know of many (if any) games where there isn't some amount of grinding involved. Many games I've played on all kinds of different devices (Pokemon Go, Diablo II, etc.) all involve grinding to level yourself up. You grind to improve your toons so that you can be better than your guildmates and other players, as well as to improve your own status in the game.

My suggestion? Set goals for yourself. Tell yourself you want to consistently hit RSL30 (or whatever) within the next 2 months. Endeavor to be in the top 5 in your guild every week. Try to beat the Distance all the way (if you haven't yet).
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    GovernatorJadenShadowaceAzKillersZJenngTHCross
  • flyingcowking
    flyingcowking Member Posts: 402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We grind for Guapo twattin. If there are no tomatoes there are no twattins.
    Flatulent person
    Guapo
  • DBones
    DBones Member Posts: 784
    I grind because it's what Daryl taught me to do.
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    JenngCaptainslayerTHCross
  • ShadowaceAz
    ShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,091
    How many innocent forest animals had to die in Skyrim before you could hunt dragons?

Chasing down bears! That’s grinding!
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• capibara
    capibara Member Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play because @Guapo told me i have to play... :#

"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. LINE ID: capyrodent
    My Recruiting den. Capy into Music History and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection, now DECA Collection.
    JadenJenngTJSDBonesShadowaceAzTHCrossGuapo
  • TJS
    TJS Member Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My answer is simple.....

-
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    JenngcapibaraJadenjrodrf2DBonesTHCross
  • Pig
    Pig Member Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As always, I work hard to progress in challenges and do well in the game for one and only reasons. It's all my personal direction and goal, so you might not be able to get on board. But for me, there's just one point to this or any other game. I play for the attention and admiration of all the ladies. Know what I mean?
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    CaptainslayerDBonesTHCrossKratosJenngJadenwrinkled_bagTransmuteJunTheMaltesian
  • Techfall
    Techfall Member Posts: 167
    I'm hopeful for real pvp against other players rather than pointless outposts
    Jenngmack22The_Overcomer
  • EL34xyz
    EL34xyz Member Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an endless cycle
    I miss the days of finishing a PC game and putting it to rest
    JackBauer
  • Chiefkeo
    Chiefkeo Member Posts: 79
    We grind to full fill our quota of bad habits and addictions. So I play to avoid having to choose between, drinking, drugs, chasing women, Olympic level nose picking, synchronized butt itching, the choices are endless and I can't handle the pressure of choosing so I grind NML to remain the quivering coward that I am.
    Jenng
  • mack22
    mack22 Member Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Serp your post about the carrot kinda reminded me of this...

DodkongJenng
  • Serp
    “Who runs bartertown!”-MasterBlaster
    mack22Jenng
  • mack22
    mack22 Member Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Serp said:
    > “Who runs bartertown!”-MasterBlaster

Ruled by Auntie Entity, claimed by MasterBlaster.
  • TransmuteJun
    TransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pig said:

As always, I work hard to progress in challenges and do well in the game for one and only reasons. It's all my personal direction and goal, so you might not be able to get on board. But for me, there's just one point to this or any other game. I play for the attention and admiration of all the ladies. Know what I mean?

If it helps, you have the admiration of this lady. ;)
    JenngTheMaltesianDodkongPig