I was wondering if NG is planning to address this

bladgier
bladgier Member Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
So now that crafting even is almost over, I have used everything that I could.
Now I'm left out with... Over 1k components. (ss attached)

They are just stuck there and I won't be able to do anything with them.

I can imagine that badge fragment drops won't be increases to tackle that issiue but;
It would be nice to at least be able to scrap them for XP.
1k a piece perhaps?

I know NG has it's priorities now, fair enough but does that come being mentioned on the SECRET NG/NASA meetings? 😀
shaunatthepubDavid_H79msapaevUndertakerCBgaming1969pradiGovernatorSPC_TORRESTHCrossSlickRickKillersZbigbeanotheldssdlWahooDawgJimiFaithFingerfood

Comments

• ShadowaceAz
    ShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,091
    bladgier said:

So now that crafting even is almost over, I have used everything that I could.
    Now I'm left out with... Over 1k Components ...

Wow!
      Just... Wow!!
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

Gman74Fingerfood
  • Undertaker
    Undertaker Member Posts: 201

I think this can be easily fixed with a Scavenger build upgrade... Mix 4x random lower lvl components into 1x higher lvl random component.

The problem is the lack of fragments :neutral:
    GovernatorKyrusJadenEL34xyzJimiFaith
  • WellyLuga
    WellyLuga Member Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

I think this can be easily fixed with a Scavenger build upgrade... Mix 4x random lower lvl components into 1x higher lvl random component.

Amen to this and fingers crossed this is what the 'coming soon' tab will be
    mack22GovernatorJimiFaith
  • JeemPed
    JeemPed Member Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
  • Cronus
    Cronus Member Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even during a badge crafting event it becomes too much of a bother to craft with uncommon and common components.....

Would be nice to get more epic and legendary frags.

bladgierGman74THCrossSlickRickbigbeanoFingerfood
  • Governator
    Governator Member Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My before and after inventory pics from the crafting event. After crafting around 175 badges, I still have more than 2k components to deal with. I'll never use them at this rate. It's like looking at rotting tomatoes. :neutral:

bladgierGman74THCrossSlickRickbigbeanoFingerfood
  • THCross
    THCross Member Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Definitely it would be extremely nice of NG if they address this
    Hint ;):#
    Upgrading components to higher level with a chance to get a fragment would be just awesome o:)
    And don't remember the poster but a scrap button while crafting would also be much appreciated o:)

posthuman
    SlickRickKillersZUndertakerStalker20
  • ShadowaceAz
    ShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,091
    Cronus said:

Even during a badge crafting event it becomes too much of a bother to craft with uncommon and common components...

https://youtu.be/Mm121UrqSzo

Just do it quickly.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

Cronus
  • Troublemaker
    Troublemaker Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ANY 4 or 5x Components/Fragments have a chance to generate ANY 1x Component/Fragment

Simple and effective
    KillersZUndertaker
  • KillersZ
    KillersZ Member Posts: 102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine for now, but I would like to know more about the components than just knowing where they are found..

GovernatorCBgaming1969TroublemakerFingerfood
  • General_Quatre
    General_Quatre Member Posts: 990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I'm full on tomatoes and have been for a while, I just went badge-crazy last weekend and crafted every fragment I could to use as XP batteries (except rares/epics which I then equipped on my survivors) and now have close to 1M in scrappable XP, which is cool! I'll save it for that good ol' grind at next Council Update.

However, even with 0 badge fragments left, I have hundreds of various components left, which like others have said will never be used and will continually outpace badge fragment acquisition. I too think it would make sense to find a use for these; the most obvious it a small amount of XP for scrapping components (if a full badge is 9000, I agree 1000 would be fair for a single, uncombined component -- essentially that'd mean a full badge is 1,000x4 + let's say 3,000 for the fragment + 2,000 for "crafting" the badge = 9,000XP)

@Shteevie Has this been discussed? It would make those uncommon component drops feel like less absolute zero
    bigbeanoUndertakerSCBMA
  • Shteevie
    Shteevie Member Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were plans for more things to do with components that will mean that you won't be tied only to the number of Badge Fragments you can find. However, the prioritization of features hasn't allowed those plans to float to the top of the list.

Converting some components into others would be one way to do it, and is an idea well consider as it might be easier to build than what we originally had in mind. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    aquilatabernacbladgierTJSTroublemakerStalker20El_Sargemack22
  • MudMoccasin
    MudMoccasin Member Posts: 953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allow us to scrap them for XP or if possible combine several components to make one of a higher rarity.... for example 4 Epic = 1 Legendary or 100 rare = 1 Legendary...... IJS
  • DLich
    DLich Member Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a 4 for 1 comparison would be a great idea (and already potentially doable in the game since there is already 4 spots.

4 common = 1 uncommon
    4 uncommon = 1 rare
    4 rare = 1 epic
    4 epic = 1 legendary

Since 4 common would make 1 uncommon you could turn 16 common into 1 rare
    Since 4 rare would be 1 epic that's 64 common could turn into 1 epic
    Since 4 epic would be 1 legendary that's 256 common = 1 legendary

4 common = 1 uncommon
    16 common = 1 rare
    64 common = 1 epic
    256 common = 1 legendary

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |