Spring mayhem update

Comments

• tallinie
    tallinie Member Posts: 402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @TWDaddiction said:
    > Yeah I’ll give it time before I blow it up.
    > But I’m 100% not liking it.

Its definitely going to make this game completely p2w. Seems like a good time to hop off the ride.
    Andy_bTCBRITOreekookrtjhookrDrhoo
  • Deadheads
    Deadheads Member Posts: 734
    tallinie said:

Its definitely going to make this game completely p2w. Seems like a good time to hop off the ride.

Yep, f2p are no longer allowed to play, hop off.
    ShadowWalkerPasteFirekidCarl_s_HatromeoDrhoo
  • TWDaddiction
    TWDaddiction Member Posts: 487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Again, I will 100% try and see what it’s like first. I’m not for one to jump all over something before it even comes out. Gotta give it a chance first.

But hopefully they adjust if it’s that bad of a money grab. They’ve done great so far with the balance imo.
    WellyLugarogueDSPasteromeo
  • Spiked
    Spiked Member Posts: 159
    Agree, at first look med kits & grenades look like they will make the game less fun. We shall see.
    TCBRITO
  • reekookr
    reekookr Member Posts: 209
    Why not just sell the rounds one by one at this point? You could buy your way to the leaderboard if your thing is bigger number game
    [Deleted User]DiElElmarroba2000psychwolfTWDaddictionShadowWalkerTCBRITO
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 996
    > @reekookr said:
    > Why not just sell the rounds one by one at this point? You could buy your way to the leaderboard if your thing is bigger number game

this will be next update
    ShadowWalkerPaste
  • Firekid
    Firekid Member Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m really confused? New tools introduced which you can get for free, in daily quests, after missions, in campaigns and other occasions. Oh and we also want to make money so we will also offer them for gold (which you can also get free in game) in the trade shop.

The forum. OMG this is such a cash grab how dare they offer us something which has been asked for in the suggestion part of the forum, give us loads of ways to get them and all this adds extra tactical ways to play missions. Same old NG!

Lastly as always I want to have all the advantages that people who pay and support this game have but without having to pay anything for it.

🤦‍♂️
    Stalker20RealClareBpsychwolfjrodrf2ShadowWalkerPasteTJCartBurmeliinisTCBRITOATLAS-ZRiotZappa3vilrinetjhookrromeoDrhoo
  • reekookr
    reekookr Member Posts: 209
    edited May 2020
    I just hate to see the pay to win element in any games. Yeah, might be just my twisted world, as i come from competetive games background. Things i would like to buy for this game are things like photorealistic textures, better animations, but thats not what people want, people want to buy power, so they would feel more skilled without actual effort to learn how to play
    ADPaq
  • rogueDS
    rogueDS Member Posts: 598
    I almost cant with this forum anymore wow. It is for f2p or p2p. I know plenty of people who pay and dont do as good as people who barely spend or are free to play. I have spent maybe 130 over 3 years. I was glade I did it. Have some fun and dont complain about all this pay to win garbage. They do have to make money you know. Is baseball not fair as well. Its proven that 600 dollar bats are better than 50 dollar bats they must he cheaters those that spend 600+ same for tennis players and golf players how dare they spend money on better things to further them in what they want. Even If you spend you still need skill. See you all later.

Mike drop. Had to get this off my chest.
    FirekidWeekendWarriorStalker20RickMSACarl_s_HatromeoChopped_Meat
  • TWDaddiction
    edited May 2020
    > @Firekid said:
    > I’m really confused? New tools introduced which you can get for free, in daily quests, after missions, in campaigns and other occasions. Oh and we also want to make money so we will also offer them for gold (which you can also get free in game) in the trade shop.
    >
    > The forum. OMG this is such a cash grab how dare they offer us something which has been asked for in the suggestion part of the forum, give us loads of ways to get them and all this adds extra tactical ways to play missions. Same old NG!
    >
    > Lastly as always I want to have all the advantages that people who pay and support this game have but without having to pay anything for it.
    >
    > 🤦‍♂️

Lol I mean I agree which is why I said I’ll give it a try. But let’s be honest here. You can get rerolls and reinforcement tokens for “free”....but how long does it take? It’s a cool incentive to say we get them for free. And it really is a cool incentive, but for all we know, ng will offer one a week. They didn’t say they would be offered daily. They just said you could attain them through daily quests, etc. I would just hate for ng to drive away those “medium” tier players that might spend some, maybe not. Those are the ones that generate interest and player number imo. Could be wrong, but I do think those middle guys are super important to keep around. Otherwise, it’ll just be bloody chainsaw, stelio and @WellyLuga fighting at the top 😉

I spend a lot on this game. So believe me when I say I need to see a difference if I pay. Is it fair? Maybe not to some....but to those that pay, heck yeah it’s fair that we get an advantage even if it is slight. That’s obvious imo.

Like I said. I’ll give it a try and ng hasn’t let me down lately so here’s to high hopes
    RickMSArogueDSPasteTCBRITOromeo
  • DiElEl
    DiElEl Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    Couldn't have said it any better pal, I also agree...
    romeo
  • WellyLuga
    WellyLuga Member Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    @TWDaddiction I'm definitely not in the same league as Stelio and Bloody. No chance, those two are on another level! But I appreciate the compliment! :wink:

@Firekid I agree, many of the cash grab comments were a little OTT. NG has done a really good job balancing things between F2P and P2P recently with gas changes and making premium weapons obtainable for free. I too am prone to throwing some cash their way to support the game but I just hope these tools don't become so common that a paying player can use them as and when they are ready. My gut instinct is that they need to be something you can only use sparingly and should use an action point.
    ShadowWalkerStalker20PastePandreqTWDaddictionTCBRITO
  • Billbam
    Billbam Member Posts: 1,179
    Agree that they should not available but not so much that our tool kit is jammed full....make it necessary to use them at KEY times not ALL the time.
    TCBRITO
  • Burmeliinis
    Burmeliinis Member Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @rogueDS said:
    > @Governator the new map with rosita and decimator is quicker think I use that one

I actually timed it and the beach was still faster by a couple of seconds
    Ingame username: Jubjab
  • rogueDS
    rogueDS Member Posts: 598
    @Burmeliinis got me there. Did beach so long I'll still do rosita map thank you though. Its also nice not searching for mission
    Burmeliinis
  • ATLAS-Z
    ATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Here's a thought...

Change what awards stars in challenge missions.

3 - stars (no tools used)
    2 - stars (no struggle)
    1 - star (compete Mission)

(Yes I know people don't care much about three stars at Master mission 50 plus so I'm not sure how much this would help but it's something)

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM or message ATLAS#5063 on Discord

TJCart[Deleted User]WellyLugaJayZtjhookreuchidTCBRITOtallinie
  • [Deleted User]
    I'm repeating my question @Fluxxx

> @Crocodile said:
    > how it's work @Fluxxx?
    >
    > "Upgraded level of equipment is also taken into account for Guild Wars missions offset calculations"
  • TWDaddiction
    > @Crocodile said:
    > I'm repeating my question @Fluxxx
    >
    > > @Crocodile said:
    > > how it's work @Fluxxx?
    > >
    > > "Upgraded level of equipment is also taken into account for Guild Wars missions offset calculations"
    >
    >

It means they’re finally taking into account people that are rolling around with lvl 10 survivors with lvl 30 gear lol this is a great thing, glad they finally fixed this.
    [Deleted User]
  • ShadowWalker
    ShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @TWDaddiction said:
    > > > @Crocodile said:
    > > > how it's work @Fluxxx?
    > > >
    > > > "Upgraded level of equipment is also taken into account for Guild Wars missions offset calculations"
    > >
    > >
    >
    > It means they’re finally taking into account people that are rolling around with lvl 10 survivors with lvl 30 gear lol this is a great thing, glad they finally fixed this.

Wait a minute, wouldn't that cost a buttload of money just on the reinforcement tokens? Or were people doing this through some less than honest ways? Honestly I don't know which one is more sad.
  • Fluxxx
    Fluxxx Member Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Got some questions about some of the notes @Fluxxx

Weapons - does the hunting bow also have the tactics move like the winter bow?

Tools - they say there is a 3 turn cool down but I assume that each tool is a single use item and you’ll need several to use more than 1 per missions.

Grenades say flat damage +50% of walker heath, is that their total health or remaining health?
    No tactical on the bow, and the % damage on grenades applies to the total HP. You’re correct on the tools - each time you use a tool, it will use up 1.
    @Fluxxx can you confirm if will be 3 battles per player or will remain in 2

It will remain 2. The idea behind this format is that it offers flexibility for different guilds while staying competitive. Based on data from the pre-update format, we found that the vast majority of players played GW on the earlier days and much less during the weekends (even when they had battles left), meaning that most likely, even more players would’ve wanted/been able to play on the early days, but couldn’t due to the 5 player limit.

After the update, you can go 4x10players and you’ll be done with a weekend to spare, you can also spread it out over the week depending on your time schedule. The hope here is that top guilds will still be able to coordinate well, while still being able to do guild movements on Mondays. And mid-tier guilds and early guilds that are close to 20 people can have more participants with the 10 player limit.

Having 3 battles per player would mean a lot (too much?) guild wars, and it would have similar problems as this pre-update format, so that’s why we’re going with this. Of course, we’re don’t want to shut any doors, so we’re still collecting feedback and data, and we’re open to making changes :)
    how it’s work @Fluxxx?

“Upgraded level of equipment is also taken into account for Guild Wars missions offset calculations”
    Basically, the difficulty of GW missions will be based on either the average of your top 3 survivors or highest equip-able equipment level - 3 (because by default a survivor can equip a weapon that’s 3 levels higher when it’s fully upgraded.

Now onto the big one. It’s pretty clear that Tools have a potentially huge impact on the game (experience, meta, gameplay, economy, you name it). We wanted to bring in something fresh into the game that could add more expandability in the long-term. We love NML, and we want the game to bring you guys a great and fun experience, and to also have a good business, to “keep the lights on” as many have said before.
    So with that said, we can only make our best guesses on what the impact of tools will be on the game - how often will players use it; how much will players buy it; how much will it reflect on star counts and GW scores; etc. - this is also a learning process for us.
    We’re aware of risks and concerns that you’ve brought up, so we’re keeping a close eye and we’re also open to balance accordingly.
    ShadowWalkerTJCartStalker20romeoWellyLugaVerdao1914
  • [Deleted User]
    > @Fluxxx said:
    > Got some questions about some of the notes @Fluxxx
    >

> “Upgraded level of equipment is also taken into account for Guild Wars missions offset calculations”
    >
    > Basically, the difficulty of GW missions will be based on either the average of your top 3 survivors or highest equipment level - 3 (because by default a survivor can equip a weapon that’s 3 levels higher when it’s fully upgraded.
    >
    >

So if i have lvl20 survivors and some weapon lvl 27 from stash in challenge missions my start GW from lvl 24?
  • [Deleted User]
    @Fluxxx And what to do players who upgraded weapon? Deleting they donate weapon? Nice business model :)
  • TJCart
    TJCart Member Posts: 410
    @Crocodile Average of your top 3 weapons. So if you have 3 lvl 27 weapons, then yes, you'd start at lvl 24.
  • TWDaddiction
    edited May 2020
    > @Crocodile said:
    >
    >
    > > @Fluxxx said:
    > > Got some questions about some of the notes @Fluxxx
    > >
    >
    > > “Upgraded level of equipment is also taken into account for Guild Wars missions offset calculations”
    > >
    > > Basically, the difficulty of GW missions will be based on either the average of your top 3 survivors or highest equipment level - 3 (because by default a survivor can equip a weapon that’s 3 levels higher when it’s fully upgraded.
    > >
    > >
    >
    >
    > So if i have lvl20 survivors and some weapon lvl 27 from stash in challenge missions my start GW from lvl 24?

You might be confused based on you disagreeing with my comment.

From your example. Some people have lvl 20 survivors, but keep upgrading all the buildings to max. And instead of upgrading toons, they just upgrade weapons with reinforcement tokens. So they have a lvl 20 survivor rocking lvl 30 gear. Which was a huge advantage in GW, because at the time, it would be based off your survivor, NOT the extra buffed gear

The way you worded that, you have done challenge, gotten some lvl 27 gear, but you haven’t upgraded your workshop so you can’t use them anyways??? This would not affect you.

Now if you did what I described in my example above. You reinforced your gear and still have a lower survivor, then yes, that would affect you
    [Deleted User]TCBRITO
  • [Deleted User]
    > @TJCart said:
    > @Crocodile Average of your top 3 weapons. So if you have 3 lvl 27 weapons, then yes, you'd start at lvl 24.

but it's not right, many players raise they survivors but collect good weapon from challenge missions and they even can't use it

and now them will penalty for GW
    romeoTCBRITO
  • TJCart
    @Crocodile As @TWDaddiction said, it should only apply to weapons that you can equip. So in your case, weapons with a minimum level of 20 and actual level of 27. For all your weapons at a minimum level of 27 and an actual level of 27, those weapons should not affect your difficulty level since they aren't usable.

I could be wrong, but it would be a pretty large oversight on NG's part.
    TWDaddiction
  • Mario_Romero
    Mario_Romero Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fluxxx something i've been on the lookout for the last couple of updates: Hazard suit for ranged survivors. I know it's been requested a lot but so far no sign of it.

Are you guys looking at this or is it something that won't be happening at all?

I also don't see any mention of the star hero. Is this because the star hero still doesn't properly work in GW and NG is working it out or have we seen the last of this feature?
  • Fluxxx
    Fluxxx Member Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bad, let me clarify a bit further. We take either the avg. of top 3 survivors, or the highest equip-able equipment level. If there's a weapon that you got from a crate that you cannot equip - that's fine.
    TJCartRessurrectionTCBRITO
  • Burmeliinis
    Burmeliinis Member Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Fluxxx said:

Basically, the difficulty of GW missions will be based on either the average of your top 3 survivors or highest equipment level - 3 (because by default a survivor can equip a weapon that’s 3 levels higher when it’s fully upgraded.

Ok, so if we take an example.

Your top 3 survivors are level 20, one is 3 pink stars, the others no pink stars.
    You have top 2 weapons upgraded with reinforcement tokens to level 30. You also have several weapons at lvl 27, which you can't equip. All other equippable weapons are lvl 23.

What is the average level?

Top equipped weapons + survivor level incl pink stars?
    (27 + 27 + 23) / 3 = 25,7 -> normal rounding rules?

Only top equipped weapon (Fluxx said "highest equipment level" which could be read as only one single equipment considered)
    (27 + 23 + 20) / 3 = 23,3

Pink stars not counted but top 3 equipment is
    (27 + 27 + 20) = 24,7

Also unequippable weapons considered
    (27+ 27 + 24) = 26,0

Or some other combination???

Ingame username: Jubjab
    avelardez
  • TJCart
    edited May 2020
    > @Burmeliinis said:
    > (Quote)
    > Ok, so if we take an example.
    >
    > Your top 3 survivors are level 20, one is 3 pink stars, the others no pink stars.
    > You have top 2 weapons upgraded with reinforcement tokens to level 30. You also have several weapons at lvl 27, which you can't equip. All other equippable weapons are lvl 23.

(30+30+23)/3= 27.6

So lvl 28 as starting difficulty.

Similar calculations to running with mixed level teams currently. For example, most survivors at lvl 6, and one at lvl 13, would get you lvl 8 starting difficulty.