Guild Wars - What's happening

Comments

• Silverhawk
    Silverhawk Member Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    While my comment could have been worded more delicately, there was nothing "ridiculous" about it. The point I was trying to make was that when end lvl players have an advantage, they're fine and dandy with it, and enjoy it, but when lower lvl players have an advantage, many of them have issue and protest.
    It's..... shall we say, duplicitous..... As are your own comments.....

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, but you seem to think what's good for the goose should ONLY be good for the goose.
    WellyLuga said:

A player who has put the time, effort and (often) money into bringing their survivors up to be as strong as they can should not be at a disadvantage to someone who hasn't.

I have to admit, I have been doing this as well to improve my mini account's low lvl survivors. They're all lvl 20 and I think 1 has a weapon now at +3 the normal upgrade limit, so lvl 26..... But that's the farthest I've gotten. If there are players that have lvl 17 survivors with lvl 30 gear..... then these players have CLEARLY "put the time, effort and (most likely) money into bringing their survivors up to be as strong as they can" and to where they are now.....

So your argument there is just a little too wishy washy.
    WellyLuga said:

It is obvious to everyone that using level 17 survivors stacked out with level 30 reinforced weapons was not intended to happen. The fact that you can equip reinforced gear on a much lower level survivor due to it's base level is obviously something NG should have fixed a while ago but due to restrictions with time and resourses has been bumped further down the list of things that need to be addressed until now.

ATLAS-Z said:

NGs will address it, and not because of anything the players here have said. They'll address it because this is a leveling power creep game, and that leveling earns them $$... the loophole discourages leveling.

Someone was kind enough to post a screenshot showing that Fluxxx, and so I assume the rest of NG as well, were all well aware of this advantage back in JULY 2019..... Yet it was allowed to continue till now..... That's NINE whole months. What time restrictions would have prevented them from dealing with this, if that was ever their intention? It wasn't. In fact it was never adressed as an issue that needed to be or was going to be dealt with, until just recently when players like yourselves stepped up to complain. And I imagine they made a considerable amount of revenue $$ off this so called "loophole" over the past 9 months.....

As for it discouraging levelling..... I find the game before discouraged levelling anyway, as you never receive decent gear at your current level. Always 2 or more lvls ABOVE where your current survivors are at. It gets frustrating as for every three steps forward, you also go two back. A lot of players quit as a result of this.
    WellyLuga said:

It should be pretty easy to fix really. It has been suggested that reinforcing gear also increases the base level. These players with level 30 reinforced gear are going to be somewhere around camp level 70 so it could be the GW level is tied to that rather than survivor level.

So what about the players with "camp level" 70 who have lvl 17 survivors with lvl 20 gear..... Who DON'T have lvl 30 gear? They would end up royally screwed with that easy fix. And if you raise the base level, which should have been an easy fix had it been dealt with 9 months ago, players will have invested into gear that they will no longer be able to use. At this point, because it was allowed for so long and NG made profit from it, I really don't see an easy fix for those involved. Not without the game feeling "fixed"..... If you get my meaning.
  • maku11
    maku11 Member Posts: 55
    edited April 2020
    The low-level survivors still have advantage in Challenge.
    That comment was made before GWS was implemented.
    There is a big difference between Challenge and GWS. The thing is there are winners and losers.
    There's a difference in the RP you get for winning and losing
    It shouldn't apply in GWS,
  • ATLAS-Z
    ATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I've been thinking on it more and I think setting the GWs mission difficulties off of:

(( the "average" of your highest level gear and your highest level survivor; but never less than highest survivor level))

would probably work.

At least, I can't think of a better solution yet.

(Camp level is a reasonable Alt)

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM or message ATLAS#5063 on Discord

• rogueDS
    rogueDS Member Posts: 598
    Hope we get an announcement soon for what next gw will hold. They should fix this equipment level. I think it was done so people can reinforce to put on a higher level character not to make a weapon for a low level character.
  • Silverhawk
    rogueDS said:

I think it was done so people can reinforce to put on a higher level character not to make a weapon for a low level character.

So you're saying it was only intended so I could take that lvl 12 weapon from 2 years ago that is still in my inventory and upgrade it to fit my lvl 27 hero.....?! 😂

Seriously.....?!

Or was it maybe intended so that people would buy equipment and bundles from the store, like the Golden Assault Rifle, and Kingdom Spear, and Harpoon Gun, and Winter Bow, Morgan's staff, Dragon's Tongue etc etc etc at lvl 17..... Or lower even..... Something they wouldn't otherwise do at that level before, because once upgraded to lvl 20 it became useless..... Now, one can buy these items and carry them with them..... So, it gives lower level players the incentive to SPEND.....
  • ATLAS-Z
    edited May 2020
    > @Silverhawk said:
    > (Quote)
    > So you're saying it was only intended so I could take that lvl 12 weapon from 2 years ago that is still in my inventory and upgrade it to fit my lvl 27 hero.....?! 😂
    >
    > Seriously.....?!
    >
    > Or was it maybe intended so that people would buy equipment and bundles from the store, like the Golden Assault Rifle, and Kingdom Spear, and Harpoon Gun, and Winter Bow, Morgan's staff, Dragon's Tongue etc etc etc at lvl 17..... Or lower even..... Something they wouldn't otherwise do at that level before, because once upgraded to lvl 20 it became useless..... Now, one can buy these items and carry them with them..... So, it gives lower level players the incentive to SPEND.....

Noooo... I think what he's saying is that it gives you NO INCENTIVE to advance your survivors levels. It does the opposite in fact.

I could be wrong. But then I generally try and see the overall intent of someone's words rather than trying to twist them to suit my own needs. Because of this sometimes I get it wrong. Maybe that's the case.

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

• Silverhawk
    > @ATLAS-Z said: Noooo... I think what he's saying is that it gives you NO INCENTIVE to advance your survivors levels. It does the opposite in fact.
    >
    > I could be wrong. But then I generally try and see the overall intent of someone's words rather than trying to twist them to suit my own needs. Because of this sometimes I get it wrong. Maybe that's the case.

😂 Dear angel-z
    Who’s twisting words?

He wrote:
    “They should fix this equipment level. I think it was done so people can reinforce to put on a higher level character not to make a weapon for a low level character.”

This is what I understand from that:

Equipment level, I think, was done so people can reinforce (lower level gear) to put on a higher level character.....
    NOT to make a (higher lvl) weapon for a low level character.....

Thats filling in the blanks...... Not twisting words.

Now please..... you give me an example of how his words Translate into him saying “that it gives you NO INCENTIVE to advance your survivors levels. It does the opposite in fact.”
  • TJCart
    TJCart Member Posts: 410
    Guys, literary majors examine and explicate works by great writers, like Shakespeare. No offense to @rogueDS , but I think you’re spending entirely too much time on his words. He’s not even dead yet, why don’t you just ask him?
  • rogueDS
    edited May 2020
    That is what I was getting at @ATLAS-Z. thanks. What people did isnt how it was meant to be. And doesn't give much incentive. I know there is another discussion somewhere where I said this might be good for gw pruporoses the 1st beta not new one but not for challenge. I would not have fun playing with level 14 characters and level 30 weapons I believe. That also costs a lot of reinforce tokens.
  • rogueDS
    All I was trying to say was it was thought of to be used as a way of being able to equip a level 15 character with a level 30 weapon. I would never use a weapon from 2 years ago to bring to 30. I am someone who didn't spend money on game especially weapons till I got my characters to level 26. Does what i said above make sense. @Silverhawk
  • WellyLuga
    WellyLuga Member Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least now it should have been fixed so that the players taking advantage of this obvious loophole can fade away into the shadows. Or actually level up their survivors like the rest of us did...

Nice work, NG!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 996
    If set normal weapon (not upgraded) same result on GW map, and you piss and moan more
  • ATLAS-Z

Our page :

• WellyLuga
    WellyLuga Member Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Crocodile said:

If set normal weapon (not upgraded) same result on GW map, and you piss and moan more

Who's moaning? It was broken and it was fixed.

Here's an image of the players who have spent hundreds and hundreds of reinforcement tokens taking advantage of an error in a beta when they read the patch notes...

• [Deleted User]
    we are still have that mystery "advantage"
  • reekookr
    reekookr Member Posts: 209
    People who want to win, can still win with money. Is it practical? Nope, but its possible
  • Linda
    Linda Member Posts: 3
    I’m disappointed they are lowering the guild plays from 25 to 18
  • grzechExp
    grzechExp Member Posts: 48
    I'm trying to find more informations about the:
    1. GW shortcuts. How does it look? Are they the extra missions or some missions on one map are marked as shortcuts? How many are there? Any screens available?
    2. Difficulty rebalance. Does it mean that there are some changes in RSL vs VP ratio in the missions?
  • Billbam
    Billbam Member Posts: 1,179
    Sorry if I missed it in the chatter but does GW start up again on Monday?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2020
    registration on monday
    fight starts on tuesday
  • rogueDS
    I thought Tuesday was first fight. @Crocodile Tuesday to Sunday
  • [Deleted User]
    Oh fuck, yes, my phone change that to Thursday :)
  • Billbam
    Billbam Member Posts: 1,179
    Thanks hahaha
  • Galex
    Galex Member Posts: 37
    @Silverhawk you are absolutely right.

NG killed a chicken laying golden eggs.

NC having removed the beginner’s interest in development, they once again went on about the aching elders.

Какая нафиг война, теперь ходим только по А линии и собираем черепки.
  • TJCart
    TJCart Member Posts: 410
    Galex said:

NC having removed the beginner’s interest in development, they once again went on about the aching elders.

How so? They didn't hurt beginners in any way that I can tell.
  • ATLAS-Z
    edited May 2020
    I've had several veterans start Junior accounts recently and they all tell me the same thing... "You wouldn't believe how much they give new players."

Or some form of that.

Just think back some of you to what we have to go through...

you would finally hit the jackpot and land a legendary survivor...

But wait, what's this? They have a "Max level"??

Yep.

Maybe it was 15... And if you wanted a level 16 guy you had to make more calls and get lucky all over again.

Heroes? What's that? Pffft. We got to follow Daryl on a couple story missions, that was cool.

Wait, why do those missions say deadly? Awwww shit my favorite Hunter is dead!? Like.... Forever??? FUCK.

Hold on, you can buy radios, gear, all kinds of shit in... A trade store?? Wow that's cool, we didn't have that either. We had gear Scavenge... That's it.

Outposts?? Huh...?

You can craft power up badges and make your guys stronger?? Well shit on me... I could wrestle.

What's a... Leader trait?

You can change your survivors... Traits? Why would you, there's only 5 "good" traits and one of them is this super cool dodging bullets thing!!

I could go on.

It's fucking Disneyland to be a new player in today's NML.

Period.

Our page :

• Galex
    Galex Member Posts: 37
    After you cut the branch on which you sit, you offer goods that no one needs now with your innovations, listen to more whiners and people who apparently do not even play this game, otherwise I’m tired of every second in the alliance to reassure that everything gathered to stop playing, and the alliance consists of more than 150 people.
  • Erik_war_Z
    Erik_war_Z Member Posts: 5
    WellyLuga said:

Crocodile said:

Who's moaning? It was broken and it was fixed.

Here's an image of the players who have spent hundreds and hundreds of reinforcement tokens taking advantage of an error in a beta when they read the patch notes...

@WellyLuga sure you haven’t got your best badges using badge cycles. Why don’t you ask NG to fix this loophole//exploit?

Perhaps are you still using it?

Low level survivors with high level weapons had to be fixed, but not the way they did.

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/43095/suggestion-for-minimizing-gw-level-abuse-flat-badges-and-reinforced-weapons-with-lower-levels/p2

The man in your video is me, but with tears flowing down my face since I read the patch notes.
  • Waylayer
    Waylayer Member Posts: 1
    Not really loving how few sections we can do. I felt it was more challenging and more fun with unlimited battles during a time limit. You'd have to swap out your best players cos they were healing to just get one more battle in under the wire.
This discussion has been closed.