Scouts all DR and Dam% 40.1 Reached

rogueDS
rogueDS Member Posts: 598
Not sure if anyone else does this but I have stabby rick, drive by daryl, and carol all rerolled like rick with DR and DMG%. On all maps but frozen gate I use that same group. At 40s they can sometimes take 2 to 3 hits before struggling. When in the red they take 3 to 5 hits before dying. I am honestly surprised by this.

Anyone else have scouts like this?

Comments

• bladgier
    bladgier Member Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gabriel is the scout to go for that build, defensive.

Other than that I don't see any point for defensive scouts, especially stabby Rick and High Definition Daryl.
    Maybe someone else does and I'm missing something but I just don't see it.

Perhaps Gabriel and 2 other defensive scouts on some maps just to make a mad run for it but still, it doesn't sound like a viable tactic over 40.

Also any scout being able to take 2,3 hits with 80 DR on rsl 40, doesn't sound very wild, more like an expected outcome I'd say.
    vshield50romeoPic
  • rogueDS
    Hmm hmm okay thanks will see how far I get. It's I dont use gold or buy gas bundles so this helps me in challenge. Sucks when get a hit at 34 35 and go into struggle and wait 2 hours to heal
    Pic
  • LoneWanderer360
    LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Rick with 3xDR and 3xDam. He is my leader about 95% of the time.
  • vshield50
    vshield50 Member Posts: 2,243
    > @bladgier said:
    > Gabriel is the scout to go for that build, defensive.
    >
    > Other than that I don't see any point for defensive scouts, especially stabby Rick and High Definition Daryl.
    > Maybe someone else does and I'm missing something but I just don't see it.
    >
    > Perhaps Gabriel and 2 other defensive scouts on some maps just to make a mad run for it but still, it doesn't sound like a viable tactic over 40.
    >
    > Also any scout being able to take 2,3 hits with 80 DR on rsl 40, doesn't sound very wild, more like an expected outcome I'd say.

I agree with what is written here.

I use to have a defensive Daryl setup to kill lvl 45 walkers when charged but able to take hits like you described. But now that even higher RSLs are possible on every challenge (relative to your level) it does not seem viable to have a defensive scout unless you are planning to end your challenge early and want to have fun that way.

I guess defensive scouts may be helpful on some GW maps (although I do not play those maps that way) but that being said I believe what @bladgier wrote above is a truthful reality.
  • rogueDS
    I agree with both you guys. I am going back to full time work next week so play time will be limited. I got lucky this past month. Defensive scouts with dodge and stun resist should be pretty sweet in GW.
  • WellyLuga
    WellyLuga Member Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the beauty of this game is that there are so many ways to play it. If you want to really push into the upper echelons then you'll have to push to RSL45 and up, hybrid scouts just won't get you there. I agree with the above though on Gabe, sometimes you need to get to a fence or a gate quick and he is a good option, either in lead or supporting Eugene.

For the more casual player having a bit of DR makes complete sense if you don't want to end up with injury time :smile:
    RohlikzauchemCaptainslayer
  • ThanosOfTitan
    ThanosOfTitan Member Posts: 261
    I only have one tank scout that can take a slap as @WellyLuga said to get to a gate fast unfortunately they can’t give slap either I prefer my scouts to have raw torque, I do have a defensive warrior but you can hit once and move with those once they are charged
    Member of the SG/A  Family Leader of Super Greens
  • rogueDS
    I just went back to offensive. Must of got lucky with some hits at 40. About to start 42.1 still 3 star on some maps all else 2 stars
  • ATLAS-Z
    ATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At +40 scouts need full offense and a special armor called "Eugene"

Various other Scout armors work too, such as "the Morgan" or "the RGG" depending on your fashion sense and taste.

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM or message ATLAS#5063 on Discord

TJCarttabernacrogueDSShadowWalkerTCBRITOManselleCaptainslayerPic
  • rogueDS
    I am about to reach 44 I swap between. Eugene and glen when one gets hurt. They both have 70 DR
  • ATLAS-Z
    70% from badges and iron skin?

Are you including 10% from tactical trait? @rogueDS

Lots of folks overlook that bit

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

• rogueDS
    No iron skin and no tactical. All I have is the holiday Lucille with tactical nothing else.
    Pic
  • ATLAS-Z
    You'll want to remedy that @rogueDS asap

That last 10% might not seem like a big deal, but it definitely is. Good luck.

Our page :

• ShadowWalker
    ShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm... So with the addition of Medkits what are people's feelings about defensive Scouts now?

It seems kind of cheap to me, but if Rick or Daryl can take a hit and then you heal them for 3 stars anyway, then maybe that is better than just poking and running?
  • reekookr
    reekookr Member Posts: 209
    Why would someone pay the high price of medkits to play such a bad strategy?
  • ShadowWalker
    ShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @reekookr said:
    > Why would someone pay the high price of medkits to play such a bad strategy?

Whales are mysterious creatures...
    dalmerLoneWanderer360Pic
  • rogueDS
    Lol haha who knows I have not been a fan of this tool kit stuff. Done get me started on grenades.
    ShadowWalkerRiotZappaPic