what should i use my gold for?

Hello, I am starting my journey with this game and i would like to know what i should spend my gold for.
I tried to look for topics with an answer to my question but i couldn't find anything.

So the question is:
what should i use my gold for?

Comments

• ShadowWalker
    ShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is what I spend my gold on:

1. DISTANCE RESETS
    Specifically during seasonal campaigns, you need to replay the Distance three times to get the last prize (you will need to save 1200 gold), which is usually a pretty cool weapon or 500 tokens of a new hero. Since you are just starting out, I am not sure how long it will take for you to unlock the Distance or to be able to beat it, but Distance resets have the best value for your gold.

2. GOLD JACKPOTS
    Opening the last three mission crates usually costs 25 gold, which in my opinion, it usually isn't worth it. However during the Jackpot event they reduce the cost to open them to just 15 gold. I still only spend the 15 gold if it's a Jackpot with only legendary reward crates.

3. GOLD FOR WEAPONS
    NG has only done this once so far, but they had a week where each day a special weapon was on sale for 1000 gold. Some people will say it's not worth it, but that depends on if you regularly buy bundles for gold.

4. HEALING
    Generally I try to limit how much gold I spend on healing, because it can become quite costly. However, if a survivor I need to use for the next mission is bruised, then I might spend gold.
    marroba2000ShardzikStalker20TWDaddictionADPaqTCBRITOGradyDeathwish19LoneWanderer360
  • reekookr
    reekookr Member Posts: 209
    I would suggest to save it up for spring/summer/fall/winter campaings where you can obtain pay to win weapons, that are superior to regular crate weapons. Also there might come call to arms event, where you can buy these weapons with 1000 gold each.
    ShardzikJayZTWDaddictionGENERALR20BR
  • Shardzik
    Shardzik Member Posts: 6
    Thank you for your answers.
    I would like to ask another question about "trade goods" (the crates).
    What's in your opinion is worth to spend it on?
  • rogueDS
    rogueDS Member Posts: 598
    What level are you what level survivors
  • Shardzik
    rogueDS said:

What level are you what level survivors

32 level
    12 level of survivors
  • WellyLuga
    WellyLuga Member Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with the above. Basically I would only spend gold on things you can't get with time. Healing, speeding up upgrades on buildings, survivors and equipment, radio calls - all of these you can get for free with time.

As mentioned above, distance resets (when you can clear it), weapons and occasionally when you can get a few gold crates for 15/25 gold.

As for TG weapons I wouldn't worry about those at your level, you will quickly out level any good gear you get and 95% of the time it's garbage gear anyway. Gas, radios, tokens and 500 TG gold crates are the best use of your TGs.
    Stalker20TWDaddictionShardzikShadowWalkerTroublemaker
  • TWDaddiction
    TWDaddiction Member Posts: 487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Well at this point, spend your gold on med kits and grenades 😉

Lol but no, @ShadowWalker and @reekookr summed it up nicely. I’ve been maxed but awhile but I’ll add to it that I always spend gold on guild gifts when they’re discounted. Love spreading the gold.

Other then that, that list about covers it id say. I spend gold to rush equipment but I’m impatient and have the spare gold.

Trade goods wise. On every reset I buy a gold crate, 8 gas, then I’ll buy the 50 token bundle (unless it’s warrior or bruiser).

Do NOT buy the 12.5k weapon or armor. 99% of the time they’ll be complete garbage and a waste of your goods. I vowed not to buy that’s a long time ago

Edit, saw how “new” you are. I only buy all that because I have plenty of TGs. Tokens are always good though imo.
    Shardzik
  • Shardzik

Well at this point, spend your gold on med kits and grenades 😉

Lol but no, @ShadowWalker and @reekookr summed it up nicely. I’ve been maxed but awhile but I’ll add to it that I always spend gold on guild gifts when they’re discounted. Love spreading the gold.

Other then that, that list about covers it id say. I spend gold to rush equipment but I’m impatient and have the spare gold.

Trade goods wise. On every reset I buy a gold crate, 8 gas, then I’ll buy the 50 token bundle (unless it’s warrior or bruiser).

Do NOT buy the 12.5k weapon or armor. 99% of the time they’ll be complete garbage and a waste of your goods. I vowed not to buy that’s a long time ago

Edit, saw how “new” you are. I only buy all that because I have plenty of TGs. Tokens are always good though imo.

so is not worth to buy those 4 tokens of TWD heros?

• ATLAS-Z
    ATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shardzik no not unless you have plenty gold and it's a very useful hero, like stabby Daryl or Rick.

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM or message ATLAS#5063 on Discord

Shardzik
  • Governator
    Governator Member Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note about TG spending: Never spend TGs to upgrade your Walkers in the Walker Pit. You are literally throwing your resources away into a TG Pit.
    Marcus6253ShardzikStalker20ShadowWalker
  • Grady
    Grady Member Posts: 149
    Don't ever pay 25 gold to unlock a gold crate after mission. You are effectively paying 25 gold to buy 1 gold crate.

During the Jackpot Deluxe event, you have 5% chance of getting 9 Gold crates after mission, spend the 15 gold buying the last 3. It will cost you 5 gold per crate. (5 times cheaper!)

Alternatively, you can spend the gold during a guild gift discount event. If everyone else in your guild do the same, it averages out much cheaper too.
    ATLAS-ZShardzikStalker20TCBRITO
  • LoneWanderer360
    LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For your TG's, I'd mainly buy radios and the hero tokens.
  • IcePeter
    IcePeter Member Posts: 397
    TG = tokens and radios, when available
  • Tysonwang
    Tysonwang Member Posts: 1
    Its depend on your level.
  • DrPsychedelic
    DrPsychedelic Member Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    Save it. The dollar could crash soon