Improving Dixieland BBQ

ShadowWalker
ShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in Suggestions & Ideas
I don't know about you but I miss the good old days of using my Dixieland BBQ to burn walkers to a crisp. Sadly thanks to Incendiary, it has been made almost obsolete, mainly because a FREAKIN FLAMETHROWER can't set enemies on fire unless it's the charge attack.

So here is my suggestion:

1. Give Dixieland BBQ a 45% chance to set enemies on fire, just like the Flaming Crossbow.

2. The charge attack sets all enemies on fire, but if they were already on fire it deals additional damage! Maybe something like charge attack plus an additional 10% of total walker health, or maybe just ×2 final damage.

I think this would be a huge improvement to the weapon, and it would actually be something I would spend $10 on, unlike the current bundle which doesn't excite me. Also, if NG doesn't want to change all the Dixieland BBQs to be like this, then perhaps a special one can be made for the Summer Campaign?

Any idea if something like this can be done @Fluxxx ?
BurmeliinisFirekidKarajocaStalker20ATLAS-ZFox2010

Comments

• Herberge
    Herberge Member Posts: 88 ✭✭✭
    I remember many moons ago there are three items to be choose to be introduce in the game and majority vote for Dixieland BBQ. How about bringing the other two this time, that is, if NG cannot improve/change the dixieland bbq traits.
    ShadowWalkerghost_pepper
  • Troublemaker
    Troublemaker Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no expectations.

A flamethrower that does not burn? Geez...
    ShadowWalkerTCBRITOghost_pepperVov
  • reekookr
    reekookr Member Posts: 209
    We also have chainsaw, that doesnt cut trees, and sniper rifles that cant shoot past 15m.. And pickle jar, that we cant even eat, i love the taste of glass shards
    ShadowWalkerghost_pepper
  • ShadowWalker
    Hmmm, maybe the Pickle Jar should heal your health by 10% each turn? Pickle juice is a great source of electrolytes! Make it happen @Fluxxx !
    Novellghost_pepper
  • Firekid
    Firekid Member Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadow! That is an amazing idea!
  • ghost_pepper
    ghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know there are limited game mechanics to pick from and there is danger in making items op. But there is also danger making underwelming items that arent special. I wanted to give this bloomsday knife the benefit of the doubt and try it.

I'm not touching it again unless they buff it. It's not worth equipping. Who would PAY for something like that?
  • IcePeter
    IcePeter Member Posts: 397
    Non-stunning assault weapons are only helpful for Outpost defense. Until it stuns, I don’t care about any other realistic modifications.
  • ShadowWalker
    > @IcePeter said:
    > Non-stunning assault weapons are only helpful for Outpost defense. Until it stuns, I don’t care about any other realistic modifications.

Rather ironic to say during fire week, but each to their own I suppose.
  • reekookr
    reekookr Member Posts: 209

Show us your kills with your assault fire gameplay ShadowWalker?
  • Firekid
    Firekid Member Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has been 1 mission in the last 6 months I used it on and would have been able to pass without it. Which was nightmare mode on blow through during boom barrel. https://youtu.be/Qy6X7KmihFc
    However with the changes that shadow suggested it may be more useful than it is now.
  • ShadowWalker
    > @reekookr said:
    > Show us your kills with your assault fire gameplay ShadowWalker?

I have none...

That's the whole point of this post, to improve an outdated weapon so that we can get fire kills with assaults. Did you not understand that? :D

If you still think these improvements aren't enough to make the Dixieland BBQ viable that's fine. My intention wasn't to create an OP weapon that's a must have for every mission. However, to say that it wouldn't be useful to have an assault weapon that can burn outside of it's charge attack, is rather foolish in my opinion. Fire is a very important tactic to master, especially when dealing with high level fatties.