JayZ's badge crafting guide (INFORMATION OUTDATED)

Comments

• Grady
    Grady Member Posts: 149
    edited August 2020
    I am totally confused. Please help! I understood the old version and it worked beautifully! Now I can't figure out where I am on the charts.

I crafted badges using 1 of each component. I got:

H% HWA
    H% SVD
    CD% DRB
    CC% SVD

I can't find anywhere on the charts that have these 4 in a row????  Clearly, I'm missing something, but I don't know what it is. It used to only take me 2 throwaway badges to figure out where I was in the cycle.
    1. Join Magic's Discord server for all your badge questions
    https://discord.gg/7hNZZwZ

2. The chart on this thread is PRE-3.9, what you need is the v3.9 chart which is on the Discord Server.

3. You are mistaking one of each component (ABCD) as a stable recipe, it used to be, however it is not anymore in v3.9. This recipe is now a Type recipe which can succeed or fail. Failure takes you all over the map. (see GO column on the new chart). Use other random recipes such as BBDD to figure out your current location.
    xavier76
  • TransmuteJun
    TransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, Grady! I'm not familiar with Discord, so I've been avoiding the server, but this sounds like a good reason to jump in. I appreciate the assistance.
    marroba2000
  • LoneWanderer360
    LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The discord link isn't working for me. I have the app on my phone.
  • Billbam
    Billbam Member Posts: 1,179
    I am totally confused. Please help! I understood the old version and it worked beautifully! Now I can't figure out where I am on the charts.

I crafted badges using 1 of each component. I got:

H% HWA
    H% SVD
    CD% DRB
    CC% SVD

I can't find anywhere on the charts that have these 4 in a row????  Clearly, I'm missing something, but I don't know what it is. It used to only take me 2 throwaway badges to figure out where I was in the cycle.
    You can't use the old charts and You can't use the one each recipe that is one of the new specific main effect recipes and gives confusing results when it fails to generate the desired effect.  Join the Discord group to see the new maps and best recipes to use.
  • Gothgul
    Gothgul Member Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    I would suggest retiring the old guide completely. I've heard of others still using it, not understanding that it is defunct. 
    ghost_peppermarroba2000
  • JayZ
    JayZ Member Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gothgul said:
    I would suggest retiring the old guide completely. I've heard of others still using it, not understanding that it is defunct. 
    Retired. I hid all of the information in spoiler tags. I want to keep it around for my own records because a lot of the language can still be used to craft a new guide. But I made it as clear as possible that the information is outdated, and if anyone still relies on it, then that's their fault...
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    3vilrinePasteHunchTCBRITOMaD VapoRShadowWalkerGothgullossa
  • ATLAS-Z
    ATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm the new crafting charts are beautiful and work amazingly well. Way more effective than the old. 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM or message ATLAS#5063 on Discord

Pastexbamfx
  • Mojaku
    Mojaku Member Posts: 164
    edited August 2020
    ATLAS-Z said:
    I can confirm the new crafting charts are beautiful and work amazingly well. Way more effective than the old. 
    Hi,

Waiting for those tables/info (when possible) in the forum. I Download discord and enter the link without problems but unfortunately between the fact that I have never used Discord and English is not my native language I have been unable to understand anything :-(

Best regards
    TCBRITOThüringer
  • LoneWanderer360
    LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The discord invite doesn't work for me. I need an invite link I can put in the mobile app.
  • ATLAS-Z

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

• ghost_pepper
    ghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a Line chat too for badge data if anyone is interested in helping finish the map discovery (which is coming along nicely btw). Bring your brown and grey hoard. You get to learn the new stuff in the process.
  • Novell
    Novell Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    I hope someone (maybe JayZ) will post the new badge experience in the forum. Will be great for all.
    Thx for all the work behind the scene!!!
    Proud member of WEIRDnDEADLY
    Thüringer
  • JayZ
    JayZ Member Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Novell said:
    I hope someone (maybe JayZ) will post the new badge experience in the forum. Will be great for all.
    Thx for all the work behind the scene!!!
    I’ll say that at this point, I contribute no actual knowledge. All the hard work is done by others. I just steal their work and make it more public ;)

I haven’t even thought about badges since the update. Combination of work being busy and GW getting in the way. I’ll try to re-engage soon, but anyone else who wants to post a guide is certainly welcome to do so!
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
  • ATLAS-Z
    edited August 2020

This massive chart is the progress they've made so far.
    If you have a bunch of lower-level components I want to help them finish filling out the chart then join the Discord server and lend a hand.

I personally don't have a bunch of low-level components so I haven't been able to help. I did do some testing with what I have and found the chart to be very accurate and helpful.

For many players that is very intimidating chart to look at. I've simplified things for my guild members that are looking for something a little easier to digest.

USE THIS : 

Craft using these recipes ONLY until you find yourself on this list

Note : only use your non-gold components for cycling down the list with these recipes.

Examples :  

When you reach a point on the list where you see IPR (Iron skin, Power strike , Ruthless) use all gold components to craft either Damage or Critical Damage and you'll have a 66% chance of getting a badge with a beneficial bonus condition for melee. 

When you reach LMS (Lucky , Marksman, Sure Shot) use all gold components to craft either damage or critical damage and you'll have a 66% chance of getting a beneficial bonus condition for range. 

When you reach DRB (Dodge, Retaliate, Bullet dodge) use all gold to craft either Health or Damage reduction and you'll have a 66% chance of getting a badge with a beneficial bonus condition

NOTE :  You will use the "In Game" recipes to craft these gold badges above

These :  

( if you use anything except gold components to Craft in-game recipes you can get bumped off the list. This is okay because after several craftings you will find yourself back on the list. But just keep this in mind.) 

Our page :

fretjeShadowWalkereuchidThüringerWahooDawgTCBRITOBurmeliinisSuperheroPaste
  • ATLAS-Z
    edited August 2020
    Please keep in mind if you're interested in learning how to jump around the big list you're going to need to spend some time with the folks that are experience at this and Discord is the best place for that

If you're not interested in learning how to jump around then just use the post above super simple badge crafting

There are some very good badges you can craft just staying put on the A-list above. No jumps required. 

Our page :

• ATLAS-Z
    And as @JayZ said , I won't take credit for any of this because the work was done by others

I'm just putting here for you guys to use

Our page :

• WellyLuga
    WellyLuga Member Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I remember all the crying and outrage when they changed it. People saying it would be totally random, that there would be no way to reliably craft a unicorn badge anymore :lol:.

There are several in the new sequence and you don't have to jump around a silly spreadsheet.

Edit to add: no offence intended to those who like spreadsheets and those who have put all the work in. I'm just not a fan of things like this being more convoluted than I believe they should be.
    ShadowWalkerATLAS-ZPaste
  • Grady
    Grady Member Posts: 149
    ATLAS-Z said:

When you reach DRB (Dodge, Retaliate, Bullet dodge) use all gold to craft either Health or Damage reduction and you'll have a 66% chance of getting a badge with a beneficial bonus condition

Do be careful with MapA-Only crafting. While you will have 66% chance of getting Dodge or and Retaliate at the DRB map positions there, those are all Evens.
    So imagine what happens when you craft 50 x DR% badges and 50 x H% badges there:
    None of them will ever go together! Because you will end up with 100 DR%/H% badges all in Slots 2, 4, and 6, and none in Slots 1, 3, and 5.
    Burmeliinismarroba2000
  • ATLAS-Z
    @Grady I had definitely considered that, but that will be a perfect time to transition into advanced crafting.

Get your feet wet with A-list, craft some amazing stuff, then when you're ready, learn the jumps. 

Our page :

GradyTCBRITO
  • fretje
    fretje Member Posts: 121
    I bet NG's RNG looks something like this:

(credit for image goes to https://xkcd.com/221/)

Paste
  • Burmeliinis
    Burmeliinis Member Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WellyLuga said:
    I remember all the crying and outrage when they changed it. People saying it would be totally random, that there would be no way to reliably craft a unicorn badge anymore :lol:.

There are several in the new sequence and you don't have to jump around a silly spreadsheet.

Edit to add: no offence intended to those who like spreadsheets and those who have put all the work in. I'm just not a fan of things like this being more convoluted than I believe they should be.
    Well to be fair, NG said that this time crafting would be RANDOM, except for the effect from certain recipes. Obviously this was not true.

It might be that originally the plan was really to make it random, but after the backlash they instead introduced a simpler cycle system. Rereading the update thread Fluxxx maybe hinted at this (https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/415096/#Comment_415096):

Fluxxx said:
    Regarding badge crafting, the current crafting patterns will no longer be there in the new implementation. However there will also be some additional changes that address some of the concerns that have been voiced here.

Ingame username: Jubjab
  • WellyLuga
    WellyLuga said:

Well to be fair, NG said that this time crafting would be RANDOM, except for the effect from certain recipes. Obviously this was not true.

It might be that originally the plan was really to make it random, but after the backlash they instead introduced a simpler cycle system. Rereading the update thread Fluxxx maybe hinted at this (https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/415096/#Comment_415096):

Fluxxx said:
    Regarding badge crafting, the current crafting patterns will no longer be there in the new implementation. However there will also be some additional changes that address some of the concerns that have been voiced here.

Maybe you're right, I just never believed it as the original crafting system was advertised as being random too and was found out that it wasn't. So many things in this game give the illusion of random, the best example being the 3 post mission crates.  The first 6-12 months I played this game I would take a second to decide which crates I wanted to open and then would curse my bad choices before someone told me that they were pre-determined and that if the gold crate was in crates 7-9 there was nothing you could do about it.
    ShadowWalker
  • Gothgul
    What's the difference between the gold crate being predetermined but unknown to you and randomly generated on the fly?
  • Burmeliinis
    Burmeliinis Member Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't tested this but I would assume that it is to prevent flight mode exploits. Otherwise you could turn on flight mode before opening the crates, and reload the game if you don't get the gold chest to try again. Having the above mentioned system would mean that cheat wouldn't work.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
  • WellyLuga
    Yeah I think everything that appears 'random' but isn't is there to prevent network exploits. If badge results were truly random and generated on the spot then it could be used again and again until the desired badge is obtained. When badges are pre-determined in a sequence then it solves the problem.
  • Paste
    Paste Member Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WellyLuga As one of the people who believed in the "random" statement and were complaining about the new system (although a lot more careful than some others) I am glad to have been wrong :smile:
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
    ATLAS-Zmarroba2000WellyLuga
  • WellyLuga
    Paste said:
    @WellyLuga As one of the people who believed in the "random" statement and were complaining about the new system (although a lot more careful than some others) I am glad to have been wrong :smile:
    Yeah the forums were unbearable when the changes were announced, people losing their shit, crafting like maniacs. 

It took all my self-restraint to not come here like this when new, better sequences were discovered a couple days later :lol:

PasteBurmeliinisShadowWalker
  • Gothgul
    I get the flight mode thing, what I was trying to say in response to Wellyluga cursing his bad luck was, how is the outcome different in the 2 scenarios? Your odds of picking it are the same right?
    I hedged my bets on crafting pre update, made a few nice ones, but saved materials in hopes that the new system would pan out |-] 
  • marroba2000
    marroba2000 Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    Gothgul said:
    I get the flight mode thing, what I was trying to say in response to Wellyluga cursing his bad luck was, how is the outcome different in the 2 scenarios? Your odds of picking it are the same right?
    I hedged my bets on crafting pre update, made a few nice ones, but saved materials in hopes that the new system would pan out |-] 
    A friend of yours used the flight mode. 🤦🏻‍♂️
    WellyLuga
  • EngAamie
    EngAamie Member Posts: 81 ✭✭✭
    How is flight mode used? Can it be done still? Nowdays? U can dm me if dont wana expose the mode working. Haha