Do not accept dangalel to your Guild

We recently upped our guild minimum to 700 stars.   They had been around a good while.   Elder status.   Said nothing about it,  but demoted and kicked everyone out of the guild,  then left
Stalker20Governatorhunter_xATLAS-ZdangalelNerfZone187

Comments

• Stalker20
    Stalker20 Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a douchebag 🤬
    GovernatorDiElElATLAS-ZThüringervshield50NerfZone187dangalel
  • LoneWanderer360
    LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really know why guild bosses bother with the elder status. It doesn't give any kind of bonus and you open your guild up to this kind of thing. If you need help managing new players, maybe you make one other person an elder. But a lot of guilds reward elder status after a certain number of stars or challenges. It's a nice gesture, but isn't necessary and brings risk.
    GradyGovernatorDiElElAntonioGreekWarriorTCBRITOCaptainslayervshield50Pic
  • Carlseye
    Carlseye Member Posts: 47
    I understand where you are coming from Lone.  I was not the leader, but I was also ok with people becoming Elders after a certain amount of time.  Kind of like recognition for your contributions to the guild over time. 

Where I do think this game could change, is doing it like Our World.  Where you end up having multiple ranks, and a lower rank can not kick out a higher rank.  Leader, co, elder, officer, and member I think. 
    T_12
  • Governator
    Governator Member Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fluxxx can you have the ability of Elders to boot members removed? This causes too many problems. 
    Stalker20LoneWanderer360m4sMrLuckyrelb67vshield50Nanajja
  • Zette
    Zette Member Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭
    Ouch! That sucks. But I'm still kinda torn on not letting elders boot someone. I got lucky and have a trusted team and have had mostly peaceful players but a few bad apples can spoil things for others. Probably about a month ago, I may have agreed with not letting elders boot someone but there's also another situation going on that I've been hesitant about posting about because I honestly couldn't believe it happened. But a situation happened and I was actually begging my elders to boot this person if they were on in case my alarm didn't wake me up so I could boot this player. We had a new player join and they seemed ok, had conversations with others, and just seemed friendly...until they got locked into a battle. During battle, this player just starts attacking another player and would not let up. And when I tried to boot them, I couldn't bc they locked in battle. They knew this and even said they had done it to previous guild. They came in JUST to cause chaos and knew they could not be booted so that was a miserable battle for our entire guild. I did contact support to let them know. This person's account should be banned and any ip address associated with account bc I have a feeling it was someone's 2nd account bc it was low lvl but they knew way too much to be a new player. May not be, but NG needs a zero tolerance policy for malicious behavior like that. Same as the person that booted everyone from ur team for no reason. Players that do that, do not belong in this game.
    ThüringerCarlseyeGovernatorDarkstarT_12Deathwish19FuriousMoldovan
  • Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm Member Posts: 89
    Just curious, what made him do such a despicable act? Normal players will not do such thing unless he was triggered or naturally crazy. Also, what council level is he?
    ZetteT_12dangalel
  • ghost_pepper
    ghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep coming back to the name. Is it like after you've digested the falafel and have a little bit dangling out?
    ThunderstormShadowWalkerGovernatorAngelspitCarl_s_HatT_12
  • Drunken
    Drunken Member Posts: 1,719
    @Danski_46 we should totally add this guy! 
    Stalker20dangalel
  • Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm Member Posts: 89
    edited September 2020
    Danski_46 said:
    NG should just make it so only the leader can kick, elders can accept new players etc. @Fluxxx

Also, if the leader decides to quit or went AWOL for more than a year,

1. the Elder with the highest all-time GW VP or stars, will take over automatically  OR
    2. if there's not a single Elder in the guild, then the Member with the highest all-time GW VP or stars, will take over automatically.
    ShadowWalkerThüringerGovernatorZetteMrLuckyNanajjaT_12
  • Carlseye
    Just curious, what made him do such a despicable act? Normal players will not do such thing unless he was triggered or naturally crazy. Also, what council level is he?

I don't have an answer.   We're very relaxed.   He was hitting the goal weekly.   He was friendly when he chatted which was rarely.   He was an elder.   I think he was just a nut

ZetteDeathwish19
  • Thüringer
    Thüringer Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭✭
    Danski_46 said:
    NG should just make it so only the leader can kick, elders can accept new players etc. @Fluxxx

Also, if the leader decides to quit or went AWOL for more than a year,

1. the Elder with the highest all-time GW VP or stars, will take over automatically  OR
    2. if there's not a single Elder in the guild, then the Member with the highest all-time GW VP or stars, will take over automatically.
    I like this idea! But in my opinion the period to be absent, before the leader / one of the elder changed, should be a little bit shorter, mabey three or six months?

Btw. only a question: what means "dangalel" in the topic of this thread exactly?
    ZetteStalker20MrLuckyDeathwish19
  • Governator
    Governator Member Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe set it up that leader can boot at any time, but Elders can propose a boot and a majority vote from the elders can trigger the boot as well. Maybe a 24-48 hour vote period. Those who play fantasy football know this as a majority rule to veto trade proposals. Just a thought...
    ZetteNanajjaT_12
  • Zette
    Zette Member Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe set it up that leader can boot at any time, but Elders can propose a boot and a majority vote from the elders can trigger the boot as well. Maybe a 24-48 hour vote period. Those who play fantasy football know this as a majority rule to veto trade proposals. Just a thought...
    Exactly! Love this idea! When my situation happened, I was telling my team that a similar type of vote should be able to override someone being locked in a battle too! 
    GovernatorT_12
  • hunter_x
    hunter_x Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    what a traitor
    m4sdangalel
  • Novell
    Novell Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    Danski_46 said:
    We need a Co-Leader roll.
    Proud member of WEIRDnDEADLY
    Stalker20CaptainslayerMrLuckyT_12
  • ATLAS-Z
    ATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't promote anyone into Elder status that you don't trust completely

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM or message ATLAS#5063 on Discord

LoneWanderer360MrLucky
  • ATLAS-Z
    ATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also I highly recommend everyone is on some type of external messenger so you can get your players back if this happens

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM or message ATLAS#5063 on Discord

Stalker20
  • Carlseye
    Yes.   Thankfully the majority of our team was on telegram.   Plus he couldn't kick those of us that were registered for GW that day
  • Drunken
    Drunken Member Posts: 1,719
    Don’t worry In 2120 this and red gas will be resolved 
    LoneWanderer360MrLuckyStalker20bladgierCaptainslayermarroba2000Gobold69T_12GovernatorNerfZone187
  • Carl_s_Hat
    Carl_s_Hat Member Posts: 202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carlseye said:
    Yes.   Thankfully the majority of our team was on telegram.
    We use Pony Express. What is this new fangled thing telegram? Is it faster?

Firekidenigma12
  • Firekid
    Firekid Member Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve asked my guild mates if they’ve heard of telegram, just waiting for the pigeons to come back. 
    Shezza10T_12NerfZone187enigma12
  • relb67
    relb67 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    I could not agree more about the elder staties I sure wish it could be different and having a general maybe even a lieutenant status would be kinda cool I became leader of  my guild a month ago and when the previous leader left she made everybody an elder and now pretty much want to do their own thing now it's only been a month and I feel pretty defeated right now I thought I was a  pretty motivating encouraging leader but they all just want to do their own thing because their elders I'm just sad and at a loss with this elder status
    T_12
  • vshield50
    vshield50 Member Posts: 2,243
    Fluxxx said:
    The Co-leader role is something that we're looking into, which will most likely require some restructuring of the permissions of the elder role :) 
    I have noticed that NG makes a lot of great "quality of life" improvements to the game on most updates. These have been great!

May I ask why this has been on the back burner for so long? Going on years now.

Any chance we can see a change by next update @Fluxxx? Or do you have a proposed timeline?
  • SleeperyJeem
    SleeperyJeem Member Posts: 111
    First I’ve heard this you can’t be kicked if in a guild wars battle (fortunately it’s never been an issue). Why in heck is that a thing? I can see not allowing the player to quit themselves, but elders should always be able to apply the boot, even if it means losing a war.

Governatorghost_pepper
  • brucewayne007
    brucewayne007 Member Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First I’ve heard this you can’t be kicked if in a guild wars battle (fortunately it’s never been an issue). Why in heck is that a thing? I can see not allowing the player to quit themselves, but elders should always be able to apply the boot, even if it means losing a war.

It’s been like this for ages mate. 
    So nothing new at all. 
    But I agree with you, a player should be allowed to be booted. 
    vshield50relb67
  • vshield50
    vshield50 Member Posts: 2,243
    We posted about the elder thing a while ago. @Teeceezy was looking into it but that says enough there.... he is still working on maxed out supplies....

Glad @Fluxxx considering it. 
  • NerfZone187
    NerfZone187 Member Posts: 788
    Do not accept killdozer 187 into your guild. That guy is a freaking douche. He stole my girlfriend and booted everyone from our guild!
    Deathwish19GovernatorATLAS-Z3vilrineEngAamieStalker20s7eyeW8
  • dangalel
    dangalel Member Posts: 33
    edited February 2021

The guild was pathetic.  Needed cleansing.

Stalker20KarajocaNerfZone187Marcus6253LoneWanderer360RiotZappa[Deleted User][Deleted User]GovernatorCaptainslayerFuriousMoldovan
This discussion has been closed.