Being able to manage new players

Jankel
Jankel Member Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in Guild Wars Discussion
@Fluxxx, why can't the Leader and Co-Leader intervene on the GW slots occupied by new players joining the guild? at least the ability to move them in such a way that they do no disaster? A guild that has yet to be completed with new players should allow the leader and co-leader to be able to remove them from the slots if necessary or if new players do not listen to the provisions initially. I know that guilds with fixed numbers of players don't have this need, but there are players who enter the guild with the clear purpose and intent of destroying the game from other players, I hear it from many all the time. At a programming level I don't think it is difficult to implement. Among other things, in the card of the player who enters in addition to the total points scored in GW they should report the information on the number of stars achieved in the previous challenge and the previous GW. Please make it possible.

Comments

• ATLAS-Z
    ATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jankel your original post was in English why did you change it?

I recommend changing it back or include both translations

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM or message ATLAS#5063 on Discord

• Jankel
    edited November 2020
    Thank you @ATLAS-Z
  • Jankel
    edited November 2020
    @ATLAS-Z the point is just that, you have hit the mark perfectly, I agree with the solutions you propose and we could definitively solve the problem.
  • Paste
    Paste Member Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to be able to reserve/suggest slots. Ex: Player 1 or player 2 are in the same range, and we need one of them on each day (assuming the guild plays 4 battles) to unlock sectors for other players.

So the guild leader or co-leader should be able to reserve a slot each day for "either player 1 or 2". These slot can't be taken by others, but player 1 and 2 have to confirm.

I also like the ability to resign players from their slots. It speeds up the puzzle when you need to switch people around. Currently One person has to withdraw to make room, then the other move and the first then sign up again on the second players old spot. Sometimes we had to do this but involving a third person, which is even more complicated.
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
  • Clydezdale
    Clydezdale Member Posts: 18
    Thanks for posting this! In the past 2 months, I’ve dealt with a person becoming a member then withdrawing. That person’s in & out deliberately took up our entire chat. It was during GWs too. 

• Clydezdale
    edited November 2020
    I think players achievements & profile should be included so, leaders can decide if new members are legit players or just a ghost created to hurt the guilds.

• Drunken
    Drunken Member Posts: 1,719
    No resources available! Stay safe survivor 
  • Clydezdale
    What if new members are automatically restricted from joining GWs & placed on a a trial period? During the trial period, leaders can see how active new members are on weekly challenges & make their decisions on keeping or releasing the member. 
    Right now, I have 3 newbies this week & all 3 signed up on day 1 of GWs. With 3 hrs left, not 1 has used an attack. IMO, they’re ghosts. 
    And with the amount of money (gold) I spend on advertising and purchases to be competitive, I’m hoping @fluxxx can put something together to help! 
  • Firekid
    Firekid Member Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Clydezdale if you put your guild to request access you can stop people like Bryan doing that. 
  • Clydezdale
    Firekid said:
    @Clydezdale if you put your guild to request access you can stop people like Bryan doing that. 
    Yeah, I’ve tried that a few times, but received little to no requests. So it was really a waste of paying for ads. 
    I just think additional info should be provided on players. I don’t understand why that info isn’t adjusted. 
  • ATLAS-Z
    ATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firekid said:
     @Clydezdale is right, if guild is set to apply by request, there will be no requests.

But set to open, and you might get some takers. Its the only way. 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM or message ATLAS#5063 on Discord

• Clydezdale
    ATLAS-Z said:
    Firekid said:
     @Clydezdale is right, if guild is set to apply by request, there will be no requests.

But set to open, and you might get some takers. Its the only way. 
    Lately, I’ve been leaving it open & been getting new players coming in, signup on GW & dont battle. 
    I still think @Fluxxx can fix this. Otherwise, my guild will never be competitive, and it causes other members to lose interest, sometimes just leave. So, I never have a full guild with quality members. Again, due to the inability to “vet” new members. At least put new members on “probation” where they can’t signup on GWs right of way but  Leaders can see if the player is active on Weekly Challenges. If that new player is active, it’ll give me hope the player is in it to be part of the guild. The leader can then accept or release the player.
    I don’t know but it’s very frustrating paying for these advertisements with little return.
    Thank y’all for your comments & suggestions. 
  • Jankel
    edited November 2020
    I agree @Clydezdale, having a more detailed profile of the player entering with the last challenge stars total, the last GW total PV, gives an idea of ​​who joined the guild and what that might be like. it is frustrating to pay gold for new players and not have the right to learn more about them. Putting the guild entrance on request is unfortunately not very productive and expensive, however it does not add or solve the problem of new entries .. among other things, some who have entered the guild have avoided registering preferring to enter totally open guilds and are more immediate . @Fluxxx Moving players or locking the GW slots by the leader and co-leader and more information in the player's cards almost permanently solves the problem.
  • Jankel
    @Clydezdale, unfortunately cases like Brayan69 are difficult to solve, there will always be the important thing is that they do not insult anyone .. those players can be annoying but the task of a guild leader is to ensure the tranquility and respect of the good are those players who remain and commit themselves, which is why it is important to be able to intervene if these conditions are not there. I'm sure there are hundreds of guilds in our condition that don't have a voice right now, but they will certainly appreciate when the problem is addressed and resolved.
  • Fluxxx
    Fluxxx Member Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this thread @Jankel . I can see the importance of guild management and growing, so I'll definitely bring this up in our next planning meeting. I've had some discussions regarding moving/kicking players out of slots before, and that can cause some errors in our servers which could result in issues such as mismatched battles, but we'll try to dig deeper into that.
    As for the constant rejoining behavior to spam the chat, one solution could be implementing a cooldown before you can join a guild again - though that may result in more frustration since it will affect players who move guilds regularly :/
  • Clydezdale
    Fluxxx said:
    Thanks for this thread @Jankel . I can see the importance of guild management and growing, so I'll definitely bring this up in our next planning meeting. I've had some discussions regarding moving/kicking players out of slots before, and that can cause some errors in our servers which could result in issues such as mismatched battles, but we'll try to dig deeper into that.
    As for the constant rejoining behavior to spam the chat, one solution could be implementing a cooldown before you can join a guild again - though that may result in more frustration since it will affect players who guilds regularly :/
    Hey there @Fluxxx Thanks for responding to our concerns. Is there an option to provide additional info on new members such as number of walkers killed, achievements?
    Also,those players that move guilds regularly are also the ones that purposely join a guild like mine with no intention to truly be a long term participating member. Their goal is to hurt the guild. So, as a player & leader devoted to 1 guild, it’s frustrating on my end as well as I’m trying to build a competitive & transparent guild. And I don’t believe this subject would be coming up if a few of those jumpers would to practice common courtesy & refrain from rejoining & spamming my chat. 
    Also, restricting my guild to “request to join” is more expensive in the sense, I’d be lucky to get 1 member to join. I hardly get requests when I set my guild to “request”. 
    Anyhow, thanks again and PEACE!
  • find2046
    find2046 Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    I'm a daily player, 1 year experience.  It's difficult for searching right (active) guild until "Leadership" is update recently.  appreciate it.  
    On the other hands, is it possible for showing our last record.  As we known, there is no "star" nor "VP" after leave guild.  The new guild leaders don't know his new players are active / fit / good enough / benefit for his guild.
    Besides, locking slot is a good suggestion.  I had suffered from "ghost" join war at last minutes.
  • Spadinco
    Spadinco Member Posts: 46 ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to give this discussion a bump. My guild is casual but most are long time members. We have 2 slots open currently and someone joined last week, signed up for 2 GW days, used 3 attacks both days.  We lost both days because of it. They ended up not not earning any stars for the week and I had to kick them today.  I would love to be able to put someone on probation for GW that joins and find out if they are a fit or not.  My guild may be casual but we do like GW a lot.  This is very frustrating for us.