Challenge Rewards over 2K Stars

ATLAS-Z
ATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
It's been talked about that there is an abundance of trade goods and that more and more trade goods are not an enticement for players who are scoring over 2K in challenge

Even some players have maxed out the most beneficial Heroes so some of them are not even enticed by hero tokens

I suggest that you introduced tools as Rewards for certain landmarks above 2K

This might even bring some players who have lost interest in challenge back around to earn those Covington tools, in addition players that are already achieving the highest challenge scores will not be so hesitant to use tools here and there

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
Our page :
https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM or message ATLAS#5063 on Discord

s7eyeW8mirShadowWalkerTCBRITOFox2010Vovwarlock1271Sarge_

Comments

• SJC
    SJC Member Posts: 43 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Completely remove the trade goods from challenge.We can play outpost if we need them.
    Insert tools ( but not 10 times in a row the pile of gore lol) , radios, reroll t. instead of crates with the rewards, put reroll tokens more often.
    For reaching 1000 stars : 5 reroll t, 2000 7 r.t, 3k 10 r.t..Do the same for team total : 20k stars 5 r.t, 30k 7 r.t, 40k 10 r.t
    Right now the rewards are laughable
    I herd, all follow.
    VovFox2010TCBRITONordakghost_pepper
  • ATLAS-Z
    edited February 2021
    My original motivation for this isn't for top level challenge players (although it would benefit them too )

But the players like @zbot who are not really interested in challenge anymore and to add another way to discourage low level "camping"

Since Guild Wars doesn't require leveling to excel, many players have lost motivation to progress, and subsequently lost interest in challenge, since they can't achieve the same level of competitiveness with their low level accounts.

Inject some tools (which they will desire for Guild wars) as an extra incentive toward challenge.

@Fluxxx @Vane

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

TCBRITOs7eyeW8Sarge_ghost_pepper
  • Drunken
    Drunken Member Posts: 1,719
    @ATLAS-Z I scored over 2k I think it’s first time since NW. I just can’t be bothered and honestly I just don’t care to push 3k+ every week. Repeating the same BS maps over and over and over offers no incentive to me. Why burn gold? Why retry a map that’s literally nothing more than dumb luck? For 36 tokens that do me 0 good? For a crate with epic gear? For TGs from guild that I have 2m of? I mean great players some players burn gold every week, it just ain’t for me cause we aren’t a top guild so score don’t matter. They cater and depend on those top 5 guilds battling every week

@Fluxxx if you want players like me burning gold then I need some rewards that are worth it beyond 2k. 
    TCBRITOShadowWalkers7eyeW8ATLAS-Z[Deleted User]fearofthedarkwarlock1271ghost_pepper
  • zbot
    zbot Member, OW Moderator, NML Legendary Moderator Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good discussion, @Drunken what kind of rewards are you thinking about?  Tools are nice but we get free tools daily and weekly and also in the Black Market (but for gold or BM tokens).

Not sure if everyone remembers but challenge rewards back in the days were gold chests with supplies, xp and gear until it was changed to TG and other stuff.  Also back in the days the gold chests could be saved so I would save it until there’s a council update and spam the collect reward button for supplies.

ghost_pepper
  • ATLAS-Z
    Yeah I remember that

Our page :

• Vov
    Vov Member Posts: 83
    I find out that I always need more fragments and components for crafting. The rarity of legendary frags and comps in those gold chest is so low that I only encounter less than my total fingers after a year and couple of months. 

I suggest adding more epic and legendary frags and comps along with extra reroll tokens which cannot be acquired from any crates. The worst thing about these tokens are I spend a lot of resources to get them, but every time the odds are against me (most of the time), nothing is achieved but all the tokens used are gone. You can use tomatoes to buy weapons, EXP to upgrade weapon but reroll tokens, oh no they vaporize into thin air.  
    s7eyeW8
  • avelardez
    avelardez Member Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At RSL30 it’s 2k(4K) then it’s tanks and goes down hill from there. It should continue to progressively go up. When you hit Nightmare mode 50+ or 54+ now and your getting a lower amount than you did at 30. Makes no sense at all. It appears NG developers thought no one would pass level 30 walkers. That’s just trade goods. Now rewards at them high levels need to be very enticing to want to continue on. I stop at 2k stars. Ow because what the reason to continue and waste gold and push further? None. Now if NG proved tools and phones like 20 phones or tools 6 per pack then I might come off the bench and give some more money back to NG by buying gold bundles again. 
  • Drunken
    @zbot you could do small amounts of gold/radios, components, or a legendary crate that has gold gear/gold/radios/re roll tokens/ reenforcement/ and comps of 4* are higher...

let’s be honest the epic gear is worthless, 99% legendary gear is worthless. 
    Sarge_ghost_pepper
  • zbot
    zbot Member, OW Moderator, NML Legendary Moderator Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Drunken agreed:

My top picks are:

1) Gold/radio
    2) re-roll/re-enforcement tokens
    3) badge components
  • Drunken
    @zbot I think the best course of action tho is to ignore and hope the thread drifts into background 🤣

@ATLAS-Z you could be like me and tag fluxxx everyday and bump thread till it generates a response 🤣😂. But then again you can also ask ZBOT that I stay in trouble for some of my comments and stunts I pull 
  • ATLAS-Z
    Awww shit what did drunk do now ...

@Fluxxx I won't tag you every day, but I do think tools at higher levels in challenge will draw more folks back to challenge, which will be good for the game

Our page :

• ghost_pepper
    ghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zbot said:
    Tools are nice but we get free tools daily and weekly and also in the Black Market (but for gold or BM tokens).

I just want to point out to you that the Black Market tools that are priced for gold or for BM tokens are WAY too expensive for nearly everyone. There are a rare few who dump $$ into this game at a rate where they can purchase this convenience. And then they utilize those tools to advantage. I'm glad such a lofty and high end shopping experience exists for those rare few. It reminds me daily about my ecconomic place in this games society. 

Why then do i still visit the black market? 

-I want to upgrade blue components to gold. I never have this option frequently enough. 

-i want to swap 50 generic survivor tokens for 45 generic survivor tokens and 5 BM tokens. I will take the 1 to 1 trade of generic survivor tokens for BM tokens any day. (At 50 generic survivor tokens for 3.5k TG, that makes the price for premium items in BM a 350k TG price tag, which is very acceptable but just takes too long.)

That's it. There's nothing else for me.

Not spending gold on generic survivor tokens. 

Not spending gold on low end crafting components.

Not trading away low end crafting components for another low end crafting component when i need all of them just to move through the bonus pattern to get to where i want to craft. The most common bottleneck in crafting is not having enough low end components and not having enough fragments (and BM just makes this worse!)

Not buying hero tokens for 3 to 1 gold ratio. 

Not buying gold overpriced body items which don't even have exact unicorn traits.

BM is so frustrating.
  • ATLAS-Z
    Yeah black market is great mostly for players that like to spend to have more options on how they spend. The picky Spenders dream come true.

Almost everything cost gold which is very hard to come by in game.

Our page :

• brucewayne007
    brucewayne007 Member Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @zbot

Can I please note: The 1st time I got over 2k stars in a challenge. I was so excited as that was a goal for a long time and I was over the moon. 
    The reward I got was measly crap. There wasn’t nothing to say I’ve accomplished this and appreciate the fact I did it. 
    This was a long time ago when 2k was difficult and rare amongst the better players. 
    I truly feel the game should reward those with milestones. Let us enjoy our success from hard work. 
    Because we get a milestone now and it’s just mehhhhhh. Very bland. 
  • IcePeter
    IcePeter Member Posts: 397
    When I first started consistently scoring over 1000 (pre-tools and reinforcement/reroll), there was absolutely nothing of value between 1200 and 1500, requiring 6 more rounds just to get another 28 hero tokens. That kept me around 1200 for at least 6 months longer than I naturally would have stayed. Now that magic number is 2100 & 14 round passes, at which point there’s no motivation to continue. We’d push beyond our self-established limits if there was something worth fighting for.