Guild Wars Tier system suggestion

Arqueue
Arqueue Member Posts: 250
edited February 2021 in Suggestions & Ideas
i'm not sure if this has been suggested (most probably yes) but i will still present it with a diagram.

1. increase to 5 main levels and 5 tiers per level
2. each tier has different reward starting from least desired (B1) to most desired (D5)
3. size of VP range from B1 to S5 is normal; size of VP range from G1 to P5 is huge; size of VP range from D1 to D5 is enormous

my suggestions

scenario 1
1. all newbie guilds start at B1. if a guild landed in G2 at the end of the GW, it has a choice of rewards from B1 to G2 to spend their RPs 
2. in the next GW, this guild will start from a level lower from previous final level. so, this mean they will start from S1 in the next GW

scenario 2
1. for top guilds, lets assume a top guild start at G1 and landed at D3 at the end of GW. it has a choice of rewards from G1 to D3 only as it didn't pass through other tiers
2. in the next GW, this guild will start from P1

by using this method, new guilds will never meet intermediate guilds and intermediate guilds will never meet top guilds. and top guilds can fight it out among themselves to see who reign on top

i foresee two problems. one, when trying to finish the RPs, there normally be some leftovers. maybe NG can place a '5 gas for 10 RPs' reward in B1, G1 and D1.
second, most desired rewards will probably not within the reach of intermediate guilds. maybe NG can place duplicate rewards at Gold level too. 

i'm not really in favor of the 25% of total VPs and not exceeding 30000 VPs from the coming update

@Fluxxx  fyi, thx

hunter_x

Comments

• hunter_x
    hunter_x Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Sounds like a good idea, but from what I knew already
    Most top ranks guilds didn't participate in Guild Wars, because of the real-life and also a headache to organize a top ranks team (I've been there), only 2 or 3 days in a week compare to an active one everyday GW
    a noob guild (an active one) met them because of the slow progress (6 days GW vs 3 days GW)
    a noob guild win some lose some, but that's different story for top ranks guild
    My Guild mostly have 36 slots (that's 18 people average per day in GW)
    Arqueue
  • Arqueue
    hunter_x said:
    Most top ranks guilds didn't participate in Guild Wars, because of the real-life and also a headache to organize a top ranks team (I've been there), only 2 or 3 days in a week compare to an active one everyday GW
    a noob guild (an active one) met them because of the slow progress (6 days GW vs 3 days GW)

interesting, i thought most top guilds (at least the top 40 in leaderboard) are very eager to participate in GW to compete with each other
    just curious, how does your guild get 18 people average per day in GW? 

anyway, if using this suggestion, after 1 guild war, the noob guild will never meet a top guild anymore because the top guild can't drop 3-4 levels down.
    hunter_x
  • hunter_x
    hunter_x Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    Arqueue said:
    hunter_x said:

interesting, i thought most top guilds (at least the top 40 in leaderboard) are very eager to participate in GW to compete with each other
    just curious, how does your guild get 18 people average per day in GW? 

anyway, if using this suggestion, after 1 guild war, the noob guild will never meet a top guild anymore because the top guild can't drop 3-4 levels down.

not 18 per day
    But 4-6 per day in Guild War (per week)
    in total it's 36 (max 6 every day)
    Arqueue
  • MagnusRex
    MagnusRex Member Posts: 43 ✭✭✭
    How about this scenario: guild grows stronger and stronger and gets to diamond tier and plays there for a period of time. Some of the strong members of this guild leave due to various reasons and new mid lvl players join the guild. How will you balance out that new situation? How will the new formed team get the opponents they should match now? Are they forced to play diamond tier?
  • Arqueue
    edited February 2021
    MagnusRex said:
    How about this scenario: guild grows stronger and stronger and gets to diamond tier and plays there for a period of time. Some of the strong members of this guild leave due to various reasons and new mid lvl players join the guild. How will you balance out that new situation? How will the new formed team get the opponents they should match now? Are they forced to play diamond tier?

i hope you notice i never mention about the level of players within a guild. i only mention 'newbie guild', 'intermediate guild' and 'top guild'. you are referring to mixed level players within a guild. my above suggestion is to prevent new guilds, intermediate guilds and top guilds from meeting each other, in the macro view. it is not to solve micro situation within a guild. in my opinion, almost impossible to solve micro situations due to many movements of players in and out of guilds. 

but i will try to answer your questions. firstly, mid level players should know jolly well what their heroes are capable of. if they can join a diamond tier guild (provided they pass the intake requirements etc), they should know they have to play against platinum and diamond guilds. Forced? not really, because the system is like that. they know what they are in for. the guild leaders who recruited them better know why they are recruited for. if the mid level players are unhappy with the matching, why even bother to join a high-end tier guild then. 

there's no need to balance out the new situation if they know what they are in for.

moral of the story: join a guild that fits your own heroes level. but if you join a guild higher than that, its your choice. nobody force you. you get way better rewards but you also get tougher opponents in GW. thats the way.

• MagnusRex
    MagnusRex Member Posts: 43 ✭✭✭
    I think it's great you're searching for a way to improve guild wars, I like that.
    I'm not a fan of everything above. In my opinion NML world exists of very different and a lot of mixed guilds. There is much more out there than the guilds that actively recruit. A lot of coming and going in a lot of guilds. And I would be very disappointed if the whole game (every mode) would be affected by a new guild wars system. Guild Wars is Guild wars and should not affect the challenge. A system that favours same player levels in a guild together is going to do that for quite some players. I learn so much from the more experienced members in my guild. When I joined my guild 5/6 weeks ago, they didn't reached master gw Tier. This past season we managed to reach it but really just. It's been a very long time they got to master tier. I didn't and couldn't know this when joining them. 
    Guilds not only recruit on player level/experience. Sharing values, language, etc. also counts.
    Most of us don't only play this game for guild wars..

Can you think of a way that the system takes more factors into account? Not easy, I've been thinking about it a little bit but don't have an idea yet..

• brucewayne007
    brucewayne007 Member Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hunter_x said:
    Not sure where you get this information. 
    But I know all the top guilds are very eager to play GW and do well. 
    Arqueue
  • Arqueue
    MagnusRex said:
    I think it's great you're searching for a way to improve guild wars, I like that.
    I'm not a fan of everything above. In my opinion NML world exists of very different and a lot of mixed guilds. There is much more out there than the guilds that actively recruit. A lot of coming and going in a lot of guilds. And I would be very disappointed if the whole game (every mode) would be affected by a new guild wars system. Guild Wars is Guild wars and should not affect the challenge. A system that favours same player levels in a guild together is going to do that for quite some players. I learn so much from the more experienced members in my guild. When I joined my guild 5/6 weeks ago, they didn't reached master gw Tier. This past season we managed to reach it but really just. It's been a very long time they got to master tier. I didn't and couldn't know this when joining them. 
    Guilds not only recruit on player level/experience. Sharing values, language, etc. also counts.
    Most of us don't only play this game for guild wars..

Can you think of a way that the system takes more factors into account? Not easy, I've been thinking about it a little bit but don't have an idea yet..

btw, the above suggestion is only applicable to Guild Wars. other modes are not affected by tiers.... yet

i think you misunderstood. joining a guild is not the same as joining GW. you can still have mixed level top guilds. as a mid level player in a top guild, he has a choice to play challenge, distance and/or GW. you can still share strategies, values etc. if he doesn't like GW, then don't play the mode. if he joined a guild with no restrictions in the description, i doubt the guild leader/members will mind if he doesn't play GW

if you only play challenge and distance, there's no need to worry about tier system as long as you don't choose a day for GW

actually, no matter what NG implements, good or not so good, it depends on the group of players. how they look at it. some may like it, while others hate it. so its a win-lose situation.

hunter_x