crippling question

@zbot or @Fluxxx fast question. When we pass turn and we have not spent a turn on a shooter and the weapon has the clipping skill. 

When the zombies move and the shooter shoots, does the new skill work? Or is it just when the shooter shoots on his turn?

Thanks

Comments

• Fluxxx
    Fluxxx Member Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can happen on either turn, as long as it's a bodyshot. In the same way that you may be able to stun an enemy with Critical Aim on overwatch, if it's a critical attack.
    Mojakurelb67
  • Mojaku
    Mojaku Member Posts: 164
    edited February 2021
    Thanks for fast answer @Fluxxx

Fatties, fast walkers, armored walkers etc...can be affected by clipping?
  • Fluxxx
    Fluxxx Member Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, works on all enemies :) 
    MojakuGovernatorShadowWalkerromeo
  • ShadowWalker
    ShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fluxxx said:
    It can happen on either turn, as long as it's a bodyshot. In the same way that you may be able to stun an enemy with Critical Aim on overwatch, if it's a critical attack.

Could you elaborate on this a little bit? If a Walker moves one space and then I attack it in OW and Cripple it, will it stop moving after that since it already moved one space, essentially making Cripple like Interrupt in OW?

Or would the walker be able to move 2 spaces, but be crippled for it's next turn?

I was also wondering if Crippling a walker could free a survivor from struggle?
    Mojaku
  • Burmeliinis
    Burmeliinis Member Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And, will a crippled freeman also move only 1 space? Or will they have a quick move? What about human enemies in the outpost and GW (not that there will be many bodyshots in GW)? 
    Ingame username: Jubjab
  • Gothgul
    Gothgul Member Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    My guess is the walker would still get 1 space to move, since cripple "limits movement to 1 space" (after it takes effect). Something like walker moves 1 space, crippled procs, and sees the walker has at least 1 space to move still, and would allow 1 more space. Would be nice if it was retroactive to before the first move, but at that point it was not in effect. The effect would have to travel back in time to before it was active in order to limit it to just the initial move. Hope I'm wrong though, otherwise it seems an even weaker, and situational tactic since it can only work on one target at a time - some of the time, and you need to give up an entire survivor slot for a shooter to get that. Compared to hunters and assaults crowd control ability, it just doesn't seem all that...

Also, I think crippled humans will still shoot halfway across the map on occasion |-]
  • NerfZone187
    NerfZone187 Member Posts: 788
    edited February 2021
    when you have immunity from the Crippler Crossface trait 

[Deleted User]ShadowWalker[Deleted User]romeo