END TURN BUTTON!

Killdozer187_
Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 920 ✭✭✭✭✭
Dear Next Games, 
This has been an ongoing issue for years. The end turn button needs to be moved to a different part of the screen or you need to implement some type of safe guard for accidental presses. There is no reason for it to be located at the bottom without any type of safeguard from accidentally pressing it and dying instantly on maps like new home this week. People shouldn't be punished after 30 mins of playing a map only to die with 3 heavy injuries and then have to play it all over again!  You fixed the support button issues immediately yet you have been dragging your feet on fixing this problem for years. Can we please find a permanent solution to this issue.
ghost_pepperGovernatorCliffBarnesTheKingAntonioGreekWarriorShadowWalkerSuperheros7eyeW8ADPaqfearofthedarkFuriousMoldovanxeniiaKratosm4sRohlikzauchemYikesVersyseCaptainslayerChimeraveadabamiori199373mikepapvshield50HirntodBigBob

Comments

• Governator
    Governator Member Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And how many times has a walker hidden behind the End Turn button only to come out and kill you once you press the End Turn button? Pretty crappy user interface design there. :neutral:

xeniiaghost_peppermiori199373BigBob
  • Killdozer187_
    edited October 2021
    And how many times has a walker hidden behind the End Turn button only to come out and kill you once you press the End Turn button? Pretty crappy user interface design there. :neutral:

The main problem with the location is having your character on the bottom of the map and you have to move them by using the slimmest part of your finger to move the character and sometimes it isn't enough. You click the end turn button accidentally and it's 3 heavy injuries at nosebleed levels. It's extremely frustrating to play a map at 52 RSL perfect then die 2 moves from finishing the map after 25-30 mins. Then you have to play the map again or again and again and again (in my case)

This seems like an easy quality of life fix that would require very little effort considering they changed 3 supports in under a month.
    ADPaqxeniiaKratosmiori199373
  • Killdozer187_
    edited October 2021
    Bump for the community and for the community manager 😊
    CronusFuriousMoldovanCliffBarnesmiori199373
  • ghost_pepper
    ghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops! I didn't mean to bump this too but the Bump button was WAY too big and in the way!
    FuriousMoldovanPasteKilldozer187_GovernatorSarge_ShadowWalkerTrifaliJediMasterYodamikepap
  • FuriousMoldovan
    FuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel your pain 🤣

Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide
    Killdozer187_AngelspitGovernatorm4sShadowWalkercapibara
  • Killdozer187_
    🤜🤜🤜
  • Versyse
    Versyse Member Posts: 65 ✭✭✭
    Hmm, I think it can kinda be done similar to the new supports, while there is a hero chosen, the supports of the other two heroes won't be activatable.
    The same principle should be here as well, until it's clicked once, it shouldn't really be clickable but be "gray" (inactive) instead, and returns to it's gray status at the beginning of each turn.
  • FuriousMoldovan
    It's not only the End Turn button, it's map proportions to the screen size overall that makes it hard to play from edges of the map.
    It's just the End Turn button is the most dangerous 😆

GovernatorADPaqm4smiori199373xeniiaBigBob
  • Governator
    Maybe just move some stuff around...

FuriousMoldovanShadowWalkerBigBob
  • m4s
    m4s Member Posts: 682 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Good idea, add to all maps maragin like picture above from right side to left and right.
    and move all buttons to right side, away from tactcial grid
    The Expendables - Polska gildia
    veadabaBigBob
  • JayZ
    JayZ Member Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make survivor portraits smaller and put the end turn button under them. Also, make the right edge of the survivor screen the end of what is playable, so that you can't miss anything on the left side.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    Noiseratingghost_pepper
  • Noiserating
    Noiserating Member Posts: 194 ✭✭✭✭
    If you put End Turn below Yumiko (if we take the previous picture as example ) you have high chance to misclick. I prefer not to get End turn on the same location as hero selection.  
    ghost_pepperADPaqAngelspit
  • Arqueue
    Arqueue Member Posts: 250
    i believe that's not what JayZ is saying. he is saying the left side of the playable area should be next to the right edge of the 'proposed smaller' survivor portraits. that's what i think he's saying 
  • ghost_pepper
    edited October 2021
    The end turn button should be out of the way, like the top of the screen in a corner, I don't care as long as it isn't where it currently is.

Also, the end turn button should be smaller and when you touch it the button gets bigger and expands. Then, you touch it again and that ends the turn. If you touch ANYWHERE else on the screen, that cancels the end turn button which then shrinks back down to it's small size.
    tjhookrHellnight
  • Governator
    The end turn button should be out of the way, like the top of the screen in a corner, I don't care as long as it isn't where it currently is.

Also, the end turn button should be smaller and when you touch it the button gets bigger and expands. Then, you touch it again and that ends the turn. If you touch ANYWHERE else on the screen, that cancels the end turn button which then shrinks back down to it's small size.
    Awesome idea! Let's see if the devs can make that work without doing this...

ShadowWalkerBigBob
  • ghost_pepper
    I've brought this up before. They've ignored the comments on it before. I'm convinced they don't play their own game or they would've stumbled across this themselves and said "here's a genius QOL fix everyone will love, we're brilliant!"
    RiotZappa
  • mikepap
    mikepap Member Posts: 4
    Please, put a switch in the settings that locks the camp buildings so that you can't drag them every time you gather resources.
    AngelspitFuriousMoldovanShadowWalkerghost_pepperATLAS-ZRiotZappas7eyeW8ADPaqechonap
  • FuriousMoldovan
    mikepap said:
    Please, put a switch in the settings that locks the camp buildings so that you can't drag them every time you gather resources.
    Happens on the daily basis 😅
    ShadowWalkerATLAS-ZRiotZappas7eyeW8
  • ghost_pepper
    I thought that was supposed to be a feature, so we constantly try to move things around in our sandbox-that-doesn't-matter.
  • Killdozer187_
    edited October 2021
    mikepap said:
    Not worse than the placement of the end turn button. Finger slips in NML are similar to contacting herpes, the gift that keeps giving.

(Or taking in this particular case)
    RiotZappas7eyeW8FuriousMoldovanmikepappollorexechonap
  • Adeline
    Adeline Member Posts: 133 ✭✭✭✭
    I normally don't find the End Turn button location to be annoying until now 🙄

Since LS waves don't come from one side anymore, this button causes a lot of problems. I could only stay bottom right of the screen after a certain number of waves, this end turn button is very dangerous.

Imagine spending so many tools and accidentally touch the end turn ☹️
    Not cool at all.

# Playing since 11 October 2015 #
    YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgKutvR0DOUBKYx13GWm88w
    < Co-Managing DA Family - Deadly Alliance, DArk Vengeance, DArk World >
    Stalker20ATLAS-ZFuriousMoldovanghost_pepper
  • Stalker20
    Stalker20 Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    While we're at it can we have a  confirmation pop up when pressing the end turn button. I've lost Sasha too many times in the distance pressing that instead of flee. 

I'll get my coat 🤣
  • MrLucky
    MrLucky Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adeline said:
    I normally don't find the End Turn button location to be annoying until now 🙄

Since LS waves don't come from one side anymore, this button causes a lot of problems. I could only stay bottom right of the screen after a certain number of waves, this end turn button is very dangerous.

Imagine spending so many tools and accidentally touch the end turn ☹️
    Not cool at all.

Wave 611!? Walkers L640!? I'm playing a different game. SERIOUSLY.   :/ 
    Stalker20ghost_pepper
  • FuriousMoldovan
    ↑ that's @Adeline 's subtle way to gloat 😏 😄
    MrLuckyghost_pepperATLAS-Z
  • Adeline
    Adeline Member Posts: 133 ✭✭✭✭
    😂 No, not gloating but complaining. That button slowed me down big time. Every turn got to be extra careful not to touch it. I deleted all my previous screenshots, only had this screenshot at 600+ waves left in my device. Only after I finished playing then decided to write this.
    If I wanted to gloat, it wouldn't be this screenshot 😂
    # Playing since 11 October 2015 #
    YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgKutvR0DOUBKYx13GWm88w
    < Co-Managing DA Family - Deadly Alliance, DArk Vengeance, DArk World >
    FuriousMoldovanSmokeandMirrorsMrLuckyStalker20echonapghost_pepperATLAS-Z
  • ghost_pepper
    Why can't the end turn button and the flee button be in the top left and top right corners and be safe? I think end turn in top right and flee in top left.
    Stalker20EngAamieFuriousMoldovan
  • Firekid
    Firekid Member Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ghost_pepper I’d rather not have end turn where flee used to be. I press end turn enough times when I want to flee as it is! 
    Stalker20
  • MrLucky
    MrLucky Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not hide all seldom used buttons in a drop down or swipe/slide down button. Just like most phones have on the screen edge. There's way too much garbage surrounding the screen, it's like a hoarders paradise.
    RiotZappaNoiseratingGovernatorKilldozer187_ADPaqghost_pepper
  • Angelspit
    Angelspit Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    It's probably too late now, but the Flee button could have been replaced by a number of espace routes (highlighted in red or another color) spread across the maps. You flee by moving a survivor there, which would make fleeing a bit more difficult and save some UI real estate.
    In Game: Fives
    Phalanx44RiotZappaghost_pepper