Reporting Issues/Bugs with Update 4.7 Starlight

Comments

• Malarky
    Malarky Member Posts: 8
    I just finished the Last Stand mission, and instead of providing rewards, the game crashed (iOS) and when it reloaded, I was at the start of the mission again with zero points. I force quit, loaded it back, and got the same thing. I closed the game, turned off WIFI, reloaded, and then was at my second last move before dying, so didn't have to replay the entire thing. 
  • ChiNNe
    ChiNNe Member Posts: 15
    I’m having trouble logging in. 

I’ve reinstalled still can’t load the game :(
  • SparrowMerv
    SparrowMerv Member Posts: 114 ✭✭✭
    The game will crash everytime you try to watch an ad on the black market
  • rearrow1
    rearrow1 Member Posts: 59
    edited December 2021
    after working for a while 
    game would not load anymore. it would exit the home screen with this android notification.
    uninstall and reinstall worked although that cost me my whole daily data package. currently only have mobile data, no wifi because of local problems in the area.

EngAamie
  • FuriousMoldovan
    FuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    💥 😏 😇

Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide
    ShadowWalkerWellyLugaGovernator
  • Firequeen76
    Firequeen76 Member Posts: 7
    What I am I missing here for the last stand? It’s says unlock at council level 26 and I have 28? A bug maybe?
  • Lexia
    Lexia Member Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please read previous comments on this thread, as many of you have been reporting the same issues without any mention of trying some of the troubleshooting tips.

Thank you also to those who have been updating on progress after trying some of them out! :smile:

ChrisScorpio
  • FuriousMoldovan
    edited December 2021
    Minor but still issues:

1. Survivor cards are not grayed-out (not inactive) for those who used their action points in any game mode so far.
    Both Beta & HD used their actions:

2. Description is a little choppy and grammatically incorrect, overlapping icons:

Lexia
  • zaradin
    zaradin Member Posts: 8
    36 hours of being unable to log in and the last message from support was that it would take a few days to resolve..is that the timeline we should be expecting to be able to access our game?

Not to sound greedy but I'm asking mostly out of frustration. What kind of compensation can we players who have been locked out expect? I'm completely locked out of rewards from Challenge, Last Stand, Distance, Daily quests, the free holidays gifts, Cinema rewards.
  • Carly
    Carly Member Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carly said:
    Just adding my phone type for game now won't load if not on Wi-Fi. 

Android
    Version 12
    Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
    After making sure my game saved in Settings, I Uninstalled game in Google play store. Then Reinstalled. 

I can now access game with Wi-Fi being on and off. 🙂
    Lexia
  • Governator
    Governator Member Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexia said:
    @Loewe1968, Star Hero bonus is only obtained when you do a perfect run with the Star Hero in lead
    Anything else about the Star Hero bonus we should know about? 

NovellShadowWalkerFuriousMoldovanMrLuckyCrowTRobot
  • wavestar69
    wavestar69 Member Posts: 13
    Carly said:

After making sure my game saved in Settings, I Uninstalled game in Google play store. Then Reinstalled. 

I can now access game with Wi-Fi being on and off. 
    Sure enough I too was able access the game with or without WiFi.

I may be in the minority here but I haven't had cable at my home for over 10 years thus no high-speed cable internet. The company I work at (+30 years) provides me with an Android on their group plan. Therefore I'm able to browse the internet and most of all play NML. To manage my mobile data usage, I use my workplace's WiFi internet access to update apps and backup my data.

After installing this latest update (while at work), I was able to load and play the game. Went home and tried to play, but NO -- game won't start and simply crashes. Well that's weird I thought. The next day I'm at work and the game plays just fun. Oh this great, "I can no longer play the game at home using 5G network. A game that can only be played using WiFi (for me only at work) doesn't make much sense."

Well anyway, it seems to work now and I'm pleased because it's the one and only game I truly enjoy playing. So much so that I've spent an embarrassing amount of money over the past few years purchasing Bundles.

• Lexia
    Lexia Member Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Governator do you have a suggestion in mind, something constructive?

Keep in mind that having Star Hero in lead and just playing to get the extra stars, and then playing with any setup you want to get the missing stars would really not make any sense? The information about needing to get a perfect run is in the update notes, and also visible in the Challenge information. We'll keep an eye out for any possible other feedback on the matter, and if more information is needed.
  • Governator
    Governator Member Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexia said:
    @Governator do you have a suggestion in mind, something constructive?

Keep in mind that having Star Hero in lead and just playing to get the extra stars, and then playing with any setup you want to get the missing stars would really not make any sense? The information about needing to get a perfect run is in the update notes, and also visible in the Challenge information. We'll keep an eye out for any possible other feedback on the matter, and if more information is needed.
    Yeah, add in the Star Hero game screen that you need 3 stars to get the Star Hero bonus. Not everyone reads the Update Notes or remembers everything that is posted in them. I don’t see anything in the game that mentions this fact. It only says you need the Star Hero as the leader. 
    FuriousMoldovanTCBRITO
  • rearrow1
    edited December 2021
    just a visual bug, unless it means glen is the next star hero :) 
    wmspollorex
  • rearrow1
    i thought i was just very unlucky when my 2-pink princess did not charge on 8 stunned walkers 2 times in a row (first using yumiko lt, secondly by shooting herself.
    And even more unlucky because it happened 4 times now on the same map 'point of entry'. its not every time. but about half of the time, which is statisticly very unlikely if all functions as it should. 
     on this map you can stun 3 with charged beta, stun a nother sometimes and cripple one with yumiko. then fire princess decimeter.

later at the door you also can do something similar.

so its kind of easy to recreate but it cost me so much gold to heal, that i ran almost out. 

someone wrote that this was an old bug which had been corrected or disappeared. seems to be back. 
  • Yunnz
    Yunnz Member Posts: 1
    Wifi/Mobile issue here as well.. lucky me for having wifi at home and work.
    ADPaq
  • dovey
    dovey Member Posts: 48
    edited December 2021
    Some equipment are missing the Scrap button, so I’m unable to scrap them. This happens across all weapon classes & levels and seems to be random. Restarting has no effect. 
  • zbot
    zbot Member, OW Moderator, NML Legendary Moderator Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dovey uncheck the favorite (:the heart"), checking it prevents gear from being deleted/ scrapped.
  • dovey
    dovey Member Posts: 48
    zbot said:
    @dovey uncheck the favorite (:the heart"), checking it prevents gear from being deleted/ scrapped. 
    Thanks! That fixed it. 
    zbot
  • wms
    wms Member Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    Uninstalling and reinstalling fixed being able to only play twd nml using wifi.  Mobile connects now.  Also fixed black market picture of jesus showing only background of red star burst.  Jesus is now in picture.
  • FuriousMoldovan
    Isn't he always.

Sorry couldn't resist :)
    MrLuckywms
  • Jerkkola
    Jerkkola Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2021
    Did I understand correctly, that I have to uninstall and reinstall the game while on WiFi to fix "the game not loading while on mobile connection" -issue? I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game while on 4G and the game first loaded and then just crashed again.

• Noiserating
    Noiserating Member Posts: 194 ✭✭✭✭
    I was attacking the big guy with Eugene, and when it was their turn to play, this big guy moved from two cases, in order to attack Rick! This is normally impossible, he should have attacked Eugene instead and moving!?!!!

EngAamieXeRo
  • Phalanx44
    Phalanx44 Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lexia in regards to the Star Hero, and their extra star, I'd like to offer this as constructive criticism;

As Governator said, many players arent going to see/read the update notes if they primarily exist outside of the normal game. (Even having a link via the in game news section, is still technically asking players to leave the game to get complete info.)
    The description on the star hero screen specifically states an extra star to be gained if the star hero is in lead - and that appears to be the only requirement, at face value. For many (perhaps 'most') gamers, this is false advertising.

I do not see the inherent risk of allowing the bonus star to be activated "as advertised". If I play a difficult map, and only scrape by by the skin of my teeth, i get my one star. Fine, no issue there. If i had used the promoted Star Hero as leader, that should result in 2 stars for my play. If I then go back later and complete the mission with 3 stars using SPY/SMY, i get 3 stars, and the previous result of 2 stars gets wiped away, since only a player's highest star count is retained. If i cannot complete the stage with 3 stars, with the Star Hero in lead, i do not receive 4 stars. That is how the 'at face value advertisement' should function.

Now for the critcism, what exactly is the detriment to the game mechanic for functioning this way?
    Is there a worry that players will interpret the description as a means to use the star hero once, then replay without, for a better result, and somehow gain the COMBINED rewards? If that was ever the case, why couldn't we all have been 1 starring maps, 3x, and calling it "perfect play" all along? 

2 star play (injury, but no struggle), with a star hero in lead, would still only net 3 stars. And only perfect play, with the star hero in lead, would result in the covetted 4th star. Plain and simple, no?

This impact is most notably felt now that the rewards have been spaced out, rather than new rewards added at the potential new star maximums. For many players, this new message is:

"If you dont use the Star Hero everytime, you will get fewer rewards than before" as you now technically need 25% more stars to get to the same reward level, than before the update.

What am I missing here? Where's the logic?

Constructively yours,
    Phalanx44
    NoiseratingEngAamieSg_DeathGovernatorTCBRITO
  • Firekid
    Firekid Member Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was attacking the big guy with Eugene, and when it was their turn to play, this big guy moved from two cases, in order to attack Rick! This is normally impossible, he should have attacked Eugene instead and moving!?!!!

The walker was targeting huntsman daryl as he was equal distance with eugune but higher on the portrait list, as it walked up to get adjacent to daryl rick then became higher priority so attacked him. 
    ShadowWalkerBurmeliinis
  • pollorex
    pollorex Member Posts: 257
    edited December 2021

https://youtube.com/shorts/kplr8tzvdY4?feature=share
    The game closed when using data, everything ok with wifi
  • Wortip
    Wortip Member Posts: 44
    edited December 2021
    Lexia said:

Thank you all for posting and keeping us notified of these!

Wanted to quickly just note here the ones we are already aware of and looking into:

• Crashes on some Android devices
    • Some players only being able to play on WiFi
    • LS Expert mode being locked for some that are already on council level 26 or higher
    • Guild names missing from leaderboards
    • Crashes upon survivor upgrades
    • Rosita movement bug

+ other minor visual issues

For crashes - reinstalling the app has seemingly helped for most. You can also try going on WiFi to see if that helps with any of the above.

@miori199373 Looks like a push-mechanic issue with the walker showing in the wrong space. Could you confirm one of the Survivors is using a push-mechanic weapon?
    @Firequeen76 Thank you, we'll try to take a closer look
    @B032 Please reach out to support so they can have a closer look with some more details available

@Lexia regarding the expert last stand still being locked. Could it be because players might not have all the heroes unlocked? 
    I have not unlocked the following heroes; Alpha, Beth, Governor, Jerry, Merle, Morgan (Hunter)

Expert Last Stand is locked for me even though I’ve got council level 28
  • zbot
    zbot Member, OW Moderator, NML Legendary Moderator Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wortip no, heroes not being unlocked is not the issue, I have all heroes unlocked and Expert Last Stand is locked for me.
    Wortip
  • Carly
    Carly Member Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    My game restarts every time trying to upgrade survivor trait. And after restart, trait still isn't upgraded. I tried scout Daryl and Princess. 

https://youtu.be/wT90sI1Jwr4

Edit: I installed update today that was in Google store. But game still restarts and unable upgrade survivors.

Edit 2: Survivors traits now upgraded.