progress almost impossible for non-veterans.
star hero and rewards make progress almost impossible for those who have not played several years.
1) special star hero call gives you the star hero but his traits and lvl will be so low he is practically unusable.
2) lower level (under 28) heroes do not enough damage to rely on damage to kill walkers except at the lowest rounds.
Non veterans will not have many heroes at that level., so most times they cannot score high in challenge.
3) non veterans have most heroes unbadged. that results in the same problem as under 2). But legendary components are at such high challenge rounds only veterans can get them.
4) with lower damage non-veterans can still score around 4000 (not enough for legendary component anymore) by using traits like herding, crippling, rooting, prowling etc. chipping away at walker health while slowing them down.
But this often requires a specific leader, which is not the star hero.
And the star hero itself might even make it harder.
This weak alpha lt results in cripple being unreliable because it can make a hit a non-bodyshot..
I have seen some good videos of veterans who use different strategies to beat the maps. In that area it broke the spy/smy dominance. But these are only doable for those top leaderboard people.
The rest now has no chance to get the components to progress.
it has become a game of chance instead of strategy.
is the start map favourable, does my cripple work, do i charge? if not, flee and heal with gold because if you do not and not get that 4th star you have no chance of getting to the legendary components.
It looks like this update forgot about non-veterans in its eagerness to please them. It looks like it has not thought about newer players at all. this is mostly apparent in the reward structure and the 'special hero call, which gives you a star hero you will do worse with than with your' standard map specific setup'
This attitude to forget new players is seen in other areas as well. infused equipment in the guild shop which is now 'essential' is not available to new players. not even as part of a bundle.
these things need to be fixed asap, or newer players will leave.
I would like a reaction of NG to confirm that rebalancing this is a priority because atm, this game has gone from 'best game ever' to 'worst game because only perfect luck can give you a means to progress".
8 · Share on Twitter
- All Categories
- 346 Welcome
- 3 Rules
- 341 Announcements
- 1 Community Spotlight
- 21.9K The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
- 13.9K General No Man's Land Discussion
- 957 Guild Wars Discussion
- 81 Girl Power Community
- 55 Nations United (former Nation Wars)
- 1.6K Strategy Discussion
- 99 Guild Discussion
- 18 Players looking for guilds
- 78 Guilds Recruiting
- 859 Video Vault
- 113 Check-In Thread Corner
- 3.5K Suggestions & Ideas
- 4.6K Bugs & Issues
- 1.6K Game Issues
- 2K Bug Reports
- 1.5K Off Topic
- 1.4K Off Topic Discussion
- 100 TV Show Discussion