Suggestion to discourage ghosting or leeching in guild war

Yikes
Yikes Member Posts: 187 ✭✭✭✭
Problem:  There are players that would join a guild and sign up for a war and not show up or purposely not spend all attacks. These players would just wait for the rest of the team to complete sectors so that they would reap the benefits of points awarded for sector completion. Some of these players would go from guild to guild doing this. When you have dedicated players trying to do their best with some spending gold and tools (which can translate to $), this type of behavior can be very demoralizing and ruin the gaming experience for everyone else.  This was a problem when I was with a public guild that allowed anyone to join so much so that it led me to eventually leave. 

Solution:  Award sector reward points at the end of the war based on the percentage number of attacks the player successfully completed. If the player completed 0 attacks, he or she would get no reward points. Complete 9 of 18 attacks, get 50% of the reward points and so forth. 
Although this change may not prevent a player from ruining the guild war experience for other players for that particular war, it will certainly discourage such unsportsmanlike behavior because it takes away the incentive.  
NoiseratingShadowWalkerFuriousMoldovanChrisScorpioDyAmond

Comments

• Shian
    Shian Member Posts: 163 ✭✭✭
    Another solution is when a player not using thier sword for more than 3hours , Leader can took thier sword and can share it to other people  ,that would preventing afk player
    n00b
  • Kratos
    Kratos Member Posts: 454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shian said:
    Another solution is when a player not using thier sword for more than 3hours , Leader can took thier sword and can share it to other people  ,that would preventing afk player

But I don't get to start my play until about 16 hours after start of GW day.  I wouldn't want leader taking my swords by chance.
    Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
    brucewayne007
  • Yikes
    Yikes Member Posts: 187 ✭✭✭✭
    Shian said:
    My concern with this solution would be a group of veteran unscrupulous players could create alt accounts and level them up high enough to unlock guild war (which is not that hard to do) and then take advantage of this feature to win. If there is such a thing as burner guilds, this type of shenanigan will likely be a thing as well. 
    FuriousMoldovanbrucewayne007
  • avelardez
    avelardez Member Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Boot the player and boot them before GW. If they don’t acknowledge their ability to play in the in game chat before the battle boot and have leader remove them from the battle before it begins. This last part can be done now. 
    Ronin_Dave
  • Ronin_Dave
    Ronin_Dave Member Posts: 24
    avelardez said:
    Boot the player and boot them before GW. If they don’t acknowledge their ability to play in the in game chat before the battle boot and have leader remove them from the battle before it begins. This last part can be done now. 
    As a guild leader, I had to take this approach and it works pretty well.  As soon as someone joins that meets our other criteria, such as minimum player level, I send them an intro and give them a chance to communicate effectively with the guild.  If they respond favorable, I give them an overview of expectations and how we play GW.  If they fail either of those, out they go.  Likewise, if the don't communicate up to the day of their first GW fight, I boot them.  And if they ghost is on a first GW day, i DEFINITELY boot them before they can hijack another, later.