King Ezekiel - Regal Authority

ATLAS-Z
ATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

So it seems the King is bugged. Not working as intended. 

So love it or not, usually bugs get fixed eventually. Just keep in mind if you're looking to invest. 

If you already invested like I did... Well... Rip. Lol. 

Cheers. 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
Our page :
https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM or message ATLAS#5063 on Discord

Comments

• ATLAS-Z
    In my case I knew it seemed to good to be true, so I'll own some of that. I could have held back. That's on me. 

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

• FuriousMoldovan
    FuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame we can't have Zeke with 100% interrupt with push weapons (the way he is now) @Lexia

He'll go back to the bench after fix.
    Back to using Beta. Another loss for Melee.
    Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide
  • Billbam
    Billbam Member Posts: 1,179
    It has been confirmed that this is a bug and it will be fixed, no idea when though.
  • DocGonzo
    DocGonzo Member Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
    Cheers! I was just about to commit to rerolling him. 
  • rearrow1
    rearrow1 Member Posts: 59
    edited January 2022
    The ability to pin down stun resistant walkers can hardly be called a bug. 
    Any playtesting at all would have shown it. its so obvious. as customers we can expect some testing and QA.its even required under EU law. 
    being able to pin down walkers is not unique, ranged has rooting, we have stunning. 

calling that a bug would mean saying 'we do not test our changes with our newest weapons' 
    which is crazy so I cannot believe this is a bug. 

Also

I have not seen any confirmation that there is a bug.

This forum is the way they communicate with players and if there was a bug they know about they should have said so as soon as they knew.
    They did not so i have spend a lot of reroll tokens and ezekiel tokens and bought packages to reroll his traits.

i also bought other packs because this new LT did show me they had  found a way to make melee useful again in while before only ranged spy/smy could be used at high levels.

As long as they do not tell us there is a bug we must asume it is working fine. 

And if it is a bug and they plan to change it but do not tell us and let us reroll traits and spend money on him that would be a type of scam.

telling some players in private that there is a bug and it will be changed but not making that public to the community would be strange indeed. 
    it would mean that they confirmed it was a bug but withold that information to the players. 

changing back something which is beneficial to players, which enables new strategies and variation in team design, but not doing it to things that are harmful to many players (like new star hero rewards or bugged last stand rewards) would send the message not to spend anything on new heroes or redesigned ones because it could be undone without warning. 

however, not changing it back would send another message. It would show the players that they can make the game more fun and interesting. even if this was accidental it means that other redesigns can have big effects and it would encourage players to buy rerolls for redesigned heros. 
    it would show people that they listen and not 'only correct bugs that are useful for players, but leave in the negative ones'
    It would give newer players the confidence and trust to invest in their heros for the longer term instead of only being f2p because any investment could suddenly be undone because it was too useful.

its a choice of either:
    leave King Ezekiel as is now =
    sending the message of listening to players, building trust, making the game more interesting and encouraging investment

or

Change it back/ make him less useful then the melee powerhouses by removing the ability to pin down stun resistant walkers but not telling that to tbe players and allowing them to spend money

The smart thing would be to do the first. 

• zbot
    zbot Member, OW Moderator, NML Legendary Moderator Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confirming that this is a bug and not working as intended.  That's the main reason for this thread by @ATLAS-Z to spread awareness.
  • rearrow1
    edited January 2022
    i am sorry but that is not good. if it is a known bug why do we have to read a player post to find out.

this is a very serious case since it suggest either a scam or non existant qa or testing and benefitting from a known flaw while trying to keep that secret.

funnily enough the 'bug' is not described. it nowhere says what the bug is.

i am just asuming that it is the 100% pindown of stunresistant walkers. 

but i can hardly believe that since it would mean that the developers did not test a warrior Leadertrait with the newest warrior weapon and ranks or spikes. because the 'bug' would be obvious within a few minutes. 

it would mean that players will have the right to refunds of anything purchased after the change to ezekiels LT until the time they informed that it will be changed tbrough the appropriate channel (which is not a reaction to a player post) 

• ATLAS-Z
    I've had my share of tantrums in the past, so I won't begrudge anyone theirs.

Go on, get it out. 

The fact is, some players noted the bug, and reported it to customer support. They were then informed it was not working as intended and it would be fixed. 

I've confirmed this with the staff myself and decided to share it. 

What you do next is up to you. 

Should they have noticed this bug before release? Probably. But the same could be said for any other bug.

Cheers. 

Our page :

• WeekendWarrior
    WeekendWarrior Member Posts: 65 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    So, if they sell the MS with interrupt instead of Razor that will make Zeke work again.

This is from the update:
    Ezekiel’s leader trait is reworked, and now gives some great opportunities to eliminate enemies before incoming attacks.
    His Leader Trait:
       Regal Authority
    Ezekiel preemptively strikes the enemy before an incoming attack, dealing {X}% of total damage. Activates once per turn.
    As a leader, each member of your team gains this bonus.
    Notes:
    • This is a separate attack from Overwatch or Retaliate, so the order of attacks is: Overwatch, Regal Authority, Retaliate
    • If Regal Authority pushes a target, then the enemy attack will not happen at all, and neither will the survivor's retaliate attack
    The Interruptor trait applies to the Regal Authority attack, so when Ezekiel with Interruptor hits the enemy before their attack, it will cancel that attack.

Does that mean there is no bug, only the MS does not work as intended? 

If that IS the case, then PLEASE NG, give us the MS in GW with INFUSED Interrupt. Please, please!
  • rearrow1
    ATLAS-Z said:
    I've had my share of tantrums in the past, so I won't begrudge anyone theirs.

Go on, get it out. 

The fact is, some players noted the bug, and reported it to customer support. They were then informed it was not working as intended and it would be fixed. 

I've confirmed this with the staff myself and decided to share it. 

What you do next is up to you. 

Should they have noticed this bug before release? Probably. But the same could be said for any other bug.

Cheers. 
    My issue is not that it is a bug. 
    my whole point is  if they know its a bug which is 'not intended' and which will be changed they need to inform the players of that so they can decide if they will spend rerolls or make purchases based on that knowledge.
    They could and can do that in game news or as an announcement on the forum.

But only telling some who asked cs because they thought is was a bug  does not inform the other players who might think it is intended. 

people do not necessarily believe what other players say and you can not expect them to read forum posts from other players. announcements are the way people are informed. 

Also I do not agree that it is like any other bug. it is not something which needs some specific circumstances to occur. it is clear with a minimum of testing and is implemented in a non-beta environment. furthermore it is something which is likely to encourage player spending. 
  • rearrow1
    edited January 2022
    Lets take another product as an example.
    When I buy a car, i buy it without knowing exactly how a car works. i trust the brochure and what the salesman tells me. I take it on a test drive to see how it handles and if I like it.
    When I like it I buy it and a week later i buy the extras like new weelcaps, a racing kit from the same shop  because I realy like this car.
    but then suddenly the manufacturer decides to limit its speed to half. not because if legal requirements but because its high speed was 'unintended'.

in that case the car and all purchases for it are useless for my intended purpose, but it can still be used to go shopping in the city center.
    i have the right to my money back or a trade in of car and everything i bought for it.

now we take twd-nml.
    1)the game became boring because only ranged using stunning or rooting could be used at high levels. the makers knew that. 
    2)A change was made with made melee usable at much higher levels then before.
    its effects of pinning down stun resistant walkers were easily visible with a minimum of testing, which customers can reasonably expect from a game developer.
    3) At no time did the developer tell the community that this was unintended evenafter this effect was reported to them.
    4) The customer can expect certain quality standards, competence and honesty from the supplier.

Therefore the customer can expect this effect to be intended and not a bug. 
    If it is changed he has, the legal right to a full refund of all purchases since the original chance since he could reasonably expect that the product was working as intended because the producer did not say otherwise. 
    the customer can  not know what the 'intention' of the developer is. 

I found the new Ezekiel LT a brilliant solution to the problem of only spy being able to kill high level walkers. it gave me confidence in the future and based on that i bought packages. 
    In that case i will demand a refund of all my purchases since the  ezekiel lt change because they were sold to me under false pretence. 
    And I would encourage all others to do the same. 
  • Yikes
    Yikes Member Posts: 187 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

While I sympathize with those who have spent money and resources to reroll and upgrade their "King", I think it's unfair to assume that bugs were intentionally  released in order to generate revenue.  This piece of software that has been entertaining us is quite complex if you look at it objectively.  If you were to take the permutation of different classes, different hero traits, different weapons, different armor, different game modes, different maps, different walker types, etc., the number of test cases required to test everything and make sure that all bugs were found prior to release is quite staggering.  It would take a lot more resources and time to release any new update to the game.  We're currently getting about 6 updates a year + patches and that's pretty good considering the scope of testing required.  If they were to spend more time on testing, we'd get fewer updates.

Keep in mind that Dev teams generally work under many constraints and competing priorities:
    1) If the software is not profitable, resources will be deallocated and the game will eventually wither and die.
    2) If there are too many bugs, players will be unhappy and they can lose their player base/customers.  Not only that, but their support cost would go up as well.
    3) If they do not release new features regularly, the game will get stale and players will leave.

Under these constraints, I don't think the dev team would intentionally introduce bugs and pull a fast one on their customers.  What I suspect is that they're trying to thread a path where they can satisfy all these constraints and as a result, we get to experience some bugs, big and small, with every release.  Deservedly, we as customers, are going to bitch and moan but I have to believe that they're trying to do their best and with that in mind, try to be understanding.

Hopefully, there's a good resolution for this.
  • rearrow1
    edited January 2022
    @ATLAS-Z
    i do appreciate you sharing this sin e it will prevent me and others who see this to spend even more real money on something which will be changed to be almost useless.

But  it is them who need to share/communicate this for players to see and believe it. not you.

Writing this as an announcement to the community is not much more work then reacting to your post or in cs calls.

so the answer i am looking for is why they do not announce this but only react to people who report this privately. And how they intend to handle reclaims if purchases  made after the change to Ezekiels LT.
    if they will refund them its all fine, but they will have a lot of extra work with that
  • ghost_pepper
    ghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna add something to my tldr post.

I'm actually having fun with Zeek in lead.
    Remember what that was like?
  • Sarge_
    Sarge_ Member Posts: 20
    I'm gonna add something to my tldr post.

I'm actually having fun with Zeek in lead.
    Remember what that was like?
    This is a key point.  I've been really excited about Zeek's trait as it was functioning.  It's a lot of fun.  A LOT OF FUN!  This has to be important.

Now I'm just kinda bummed to go back to SMYing my way through levels.
  • Sarge_
    Sarge_ Member Posts: 20
    On the other hand, once Zeek's trait gets nerfed, the forums are going to be pretty entertaining.  I guess that will be a little bit fun...
  • FuriousMoldovan
    The fun has already begun! 😈 🤣

• ghost_pepper
    ghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarge_ said:
    On the other hand, once Zeek's trait gets nerfed, the forums are going to be pretty entertaining.  I guess that will be a little bit fun...
    Screenshots and share on line and discord. Most of the fun will hurt their feelings and be considered a "direct attack" or some other such nonsense. 

Now I can understand if someone starts stamping brazzers logos or Hitler mustaches all over update video screenshots, that stuff will get pulled. But then other more meaningful humor will get pulled too. 

Take our money and value. Change the game to negate our development. Don't refund us our investment. It's a recipe for disaster for everyone, them and us.
  • Rohlikzauchem
    Rohlikzauchem Member Posts: 108
    edited January 2022
    Im not playing game anymore but taking a look periodicly. Was rly tempted to come back when saw direction new Zeke just set up. Somehow useful mele Hero! Not understand it. And I believe not testing it as OP said. I will keep watching, but my chances to pay again are almost at 0 right now
  • FuriousMoldovan
    I'm sure everyone have the same thoughts about Zeke's LT the way it is now:
    resources spent, players enjoy his LT, it's not overpowered; he will be no longer be useful if it's "fixed" - a lot of upset players because of "bait and switch" (whether intentional or not).

@Lexia @Fluxxx might be wise of NG to keep Zeke as-is and release updated notes with description of current LT functionality. Less work for you. More happy customers ;)
  • Rohlikzauchem
    @Firekid they can test things in functionality-wise question. But cant do it in strategy-wise one. Sipmply coz they dont bother to play game on all levels. As they are constantly proving last 2(atleast) years. 

As long as there are forum users that will advocate NG processing habits (looking at you @ATLAS-Z ) there will be no change. No offence. I respect your view on things. Just pointing it out. 
  • Rohlikzauchem
    edited January 2022
    Cant help myself. But as player who never reached max score first thing i would check is interaction with MS. Since Its only viable weapon for warriors. 
  • WeekendWarrior
    WeekendWarrior Member Posts: 65 ✭✭✭
    Firekid said:
    Here are my views on it. 
    Does the bug make zeke overpowered - against a single walker it makes him invincible with a morning star. Against a group of walkers or even just 2, not particularly overpowered, it’s not like you can stun 15 walkers every turn every turn. 
    What this means is that you need to think a couple of moves ahead, and get your survivors into positions ready for the next turn or two, you know strategy, something this game used to be about… 

It made it possible to use another hero, rather than the big five. (Sasha, princess, mercer, yumiko, beta). 
    If you create hero’s who are so clearly overpowered but working as intended then you need to bring the older hero’s upto their level so that there can be interchangeable depending on the level/mission objective.

Simple test for this - create new hero trait. Ask yourself where will it be useful, how could it be used, is it luck based. Then ask yourself, would I use it rather than SPY/SMY. If the answer is no, then improve the trait. 
    The days of having an issue with balance are over because of the current meta. So knock yourselves out when create hero traits and reworking them. Make them super powerful, make loads of them powerful so we can use any of them without punishing us for not using SMY. 
    There are plenty of issues with the game at the moment and I guarantee you that zekes new bugged leader trait isn’t one of them. 
    Having said all that I know that it will be changed and I’ve come to terms with it, but please use this as a learning point. People want variety and they want powerful leader traits. They want to use other hero’s and most importantly they want to have fun. 
    Thanks for reading @Lexia and everyone else. 
    And I can confirm this:
    https://youtu.be/zX28J1ghMtQ
  • ADPaq
    ADPaq Member Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care about the resources I spent on Ezekiel, he's made the game genuinely fun and allowed new and fresh teams.
    He's also introduced a lot more strategy into the game which makes it fun.
    At this point where it's clearly possible for the top players to get perfect scores every week using the star hero, what exactly does NG hope to gain by fixing it?
    Don't give me the weak line about a bug being a bug, there are plenty of bugs which hang around for ages so that clearly isn't the real reason for fixing it.
    I know this is one of the times the community will not win out, but it just seems silly to make the game more boring.
    NG be brave and embrace a fun new mechanic.
    Anyway, I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
  • ATLAS-Z
    edited January 2022
    @Rohlikzauchem bro I'm not advocating for anyone. We heard about the bug, another player confirmed with the staff that they did intend to fix it. It was approved that we could share this knowledge with the community.

Since no one has done so yet, i did. I wanted to help my community. 

Don't hate on me for sharing the knowledge. 

Our page :

This discussion has been closed.