Let’s share constructive ideas on Melee improvements with Lexia and Devs!

huskersoxfan
huskersoxfan Member Posts: 185 ✭✭✭✭
Hoping to hear from the awesome players in here and get their ideas on how to enhance Leader Traits, improve weapons/armor or any other general improvement that will help bring Melee balance to the game!

If we work together I’m sure that some great ideas will come through that may be considered in a future update.  Let’s look forward and be positive, not backward and complain.  

For myself, there are some Melee heroes that have great traits: Stabby Rick, H Daryl, Pizza Glenn, Beta, Michonne, my man Negan, Eugene, Morgan and T-Dog.  NG did great with their LT’s.  

Playing styles differ, so your individual list may vary, I’d love to hear what other Melee heroes/combinations the players use.

We know the heroes that need a little help or maybe a tweak to their LT.  Let’s hear those good ideas!
Proud Co-Leader with Badger Hounds
Deathwish19LexiaCarlyPaste

Comments

• ATLAS-Z
    ATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM or message ATLAS#5063 on Discord

huskersoxfan
  • huskersoxfan
    So I’ll start…I know several years ago a player brought up what I thought was a good suggestion, but as far as I know the idea didn’t get far.

I’d like to see a Melee trait where if a walker is hit but not killed, the damage the walker can do is reduced as its HP on their health bar is reduced.  I get that this is somewhat similar to the wrestling trait, but the interaction would not have to be during a struggle, and the reduction of damage potential would not have to be a big number.  

While the walker would still attack, each hit/damage it takes would reduce its damage a little which would really help out the Melee attacker that is having to fight at close range.

In the “don’t have to reinvent the wheel” department, how about sharing a couple of the Leader Traits that a couple of ranged heroes have?

Enhance Jesus LT by giving him an ability to help heal as Tara does.  In religious text, he did heal the wounded…

A Melee survivor could share Merles Jackass Trait and have increased damage against walkers that are leveled higher…

We don’t need superhero OP enhancements, just little things that will help balance things out.  I’m looking forward to your great ideas and great interaction from Lexia.

I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention or request that we need a female bruiser sometime in the future…(shout-out to my great Guild Leader Carly)

Thanks all!
    Deathwish19Killdozer187_ladre5ShadowWalkerCarlycyberopticsghost_pepperPP1990
  • JLC
    JLC Member Posts: 36 ✭✭✭
    I had an idea for a new status effect that only melee can inflict, Blind. Basically a blinded walker can still move to another space, but it will not attack. Sort of like putting it back to wandering status for a turn. 
    Deathwish19ShadowWalkerMalarkyghost_pepperPP1990
  • ATLAS-Z
    @huskersoxfan I like your idea

I would especially love to whittle those walkers down to very low health so they couldn't hurt me... And then just let them wander around, angry and helpless, in case i needed a kill. 

That would be fun. 

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

Deathwish19Winston457
  • Yikes
    Yikes Member Posts: 187 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

Maggie - Heal bruised and injured survivors when the spawn timer reaches zero.  Makes playing melee more forgiving and helps beginners learn how to protect a squishy ranged unit.  Also gives Maggie something extra so that she's not stuck in scavenger missions.
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/49255/suggestion-for-hunter-maggies-leader-trait-rework

Jerry - Tanky warrior who can get health back from being attacked and can block spawn piles.  Spawn blocking is not something melee can do easily. https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/48568/suggestion-for-jerrys-leader-trait-rework-meat-shield

Carol - Executes walkers with status effect below a certain % health with a melee attack.  This closes the differential where range can stay far away and chip away at enemy health but melee can't.  With this trait, melee can just get the enemy health down to a certain percent and then bam, insta-kill.  https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/48807/suggestion-for-carol-s-leader-trait-rework-angel-of-mercy

Gabriel - Gains charge from extra kills from other melee members of the team.  https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/48828/suggestion-for-gabriels-leader-trait-rework

Juggernaut - A special walker type that can break stun walls.  Makes SPY/SMY ineffective.  https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/48825/suggestion-for-new-walker-type-juggernaut

Hack 'n Slash - A community event to promote using all melee teams.  https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/49246/suggestion-for-community-event-hack-n-slash

Weekly event where walkers are immune to certain status effects.  Immunity to stun basically negates SPY/SMY.  https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/49235/out-of-ammo-day-mission-idea

AngelspithuskersoxfanRohlikzauchemDeathwish19
  • Killdozer187_
    Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Introduce Lil Ass kicker into the game as a warrior and have her LT summon a clone that works like a support. You can send the clone across the map x/amt of tiles to attack highlighted walkers and when the clone dies there is a cool down similar to the RPG before you can use it again.
    huskersoxfanDeathwish19
  • RiotZappa
    RiotZappa Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭✭
    'Closing this thread because you mentioned Ezekiel'
    Winston457ShadowWalkerchokabichRohlikzauchemWellyLugaSuperheroghost_pepperDeathwish19BigBob
  • ShadowWalker
    ShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't just an idea for Melee but for defensive builds in general (which will mostly benefit Bruisers), but I think we should switch the condition for the third star in the Challenge from "No Injury" to "No Tools Used."

Why should our tanks be punished for doing what they're suppose to do, which is take a hit? If I complete a mission and my bruiser only gets hit once but ends up with a bruise, did I really perform worse than someone who just threw tools around?

There are quite a few cheap maps where a ranged freeman could bruise you instantly and there isn't much you can do about it. Except restart until you're lucky enough to pass them some how. I'm looking at you Woodbury.

However, we should still lose a star if we go into a struggle, and we will still have to heal if we get any injury.

Also, I just want to add that I use to be against a fourth star for no tools, but with all the supports in the game now, I feel like it's an appropriate step to take.
    RiotZappahuskersoxfanSarge_dalmerCrowTRobotDeathwish19
  • ATLAS-Z
    1 star for completing mission
    1 star for no struggle or heavy injury
    1 star if all survivors make it to the Exit
    1 star if a star hero is leader

Removes the star for no bruises because it sucks and only hurts melee. 

Adds the distance mechanic that you can complete a mission even if one of your troops dies /falls

Rewards for making it with all 3

Add more than 1 star hero each week, because SOME variety is needed. 

Our page :

RohlikzauchemAngelspitRiotZappazeeblackhuskersoxfanIcePeterDresden
  • Bassreactor
    Bassreactor Member Posts: 133
    there is not a problems, main problems is score limit in top
    huskersoxfan
  • huskersoxfan

👍👍👍👍
  • huskersoxfan
    Great suggestions!  Let’s keep them rolling!
  • Carly
    Carly Member Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thread, Husker, with lots of suggestions being made. 👍🏽

( https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41724/female-hero-bruiser )

huskersoxfanSarge_
  • cyberoptics
    cyberoptics Member Posts: 15

New armor type -

Heavy Walker Defense, -1 move square + 25% HP and -30% walker damage + 35% ranged damage.

Evasion +15% to not attract walker +25% Walker evasion. Counter attack walkers on successful evade for 50% of damage. +20% ranged damage.

Bruiser exclusive

Stamina - after escaping a walker tackle, hero's health is made green (no red, can med kit). If wearing XYZ armor hero can grapple +2 rounds before KO. If using XYZ type weapon hero counters while grappled for 200% damage with no attack modifiers (stun, cripple, push).

Reposition - on body hit (or hit) grant hero one move point. (3 spaces) 20% chance to gain hero charge 

Aggression - for 2 turns +2 move spaces, automatically break grapple, immune to stun, reduce melee damage by 50% and grant 2 follow up attacks to nearby (next tile) enemy after main attack. Subsequent attacks deal 200% and cripple 1 turn.
    huskersoxfanghost_pepper
  • zeeblack
    zeeblack Member Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    1) Bring back Power Strike. The main strength of Melee is critical hits and NG have weakened them by taking it away in form of changes to Power Strike. I have yet to see the power strike to activate after the fix.

If NG is not willing to bring back the previous power strike, make the following improvements to Power Strike

"There are xx% chances of critical strike if you have not moved moved half a turn.

2) Introduce ranged weapons for melee. Scouts and Warriors can be equipped with bow, crossbow, etc for taking out walkers at a distance. This would also solve the Power Strike issue.      

3) Bugs in Chainsaw vis-à-vis Fast Walkers. Despite being reported, its still there. I observed it again in the last stand. Correct the bug.

4) New trait i.e Chain reaction for Scouts - Scout starts a chain reaction after killing a walker -  Scout gains an action point on killing a walker. The AP can be used for killing another walkers 1 or 2 spaces away. The chain reaction ends once the scout fails to kill a walker. 

5) Damage of level 30 Spear and Pitchfork is lower than other level 30 scout weapons. NG took the plea that higher damage on Spear and Pitchfork would make the scouts more powerful. Since melee is underpowered, why not increase their damages. They wont make scouts more powerful than SPY/SMY but would make the weapons more useful. 

Zee Black - SG Woots - Playing since 2015.

huskersoxfanRiotZappaghost_pepperDeathwish19
  • huskersoxfan
    Great ideas all, and hey, I hope to hear from Ranged players also, who wouldn’t mind the added tactics of using Melee with their teams, but are hesitant because of the “weakest link” theory.  Any good ideas on traits that would help blended teams would be great for players!

@Lexia, while some of these enhancements could be added as freebies, I’m sure players (both paying and FTP) would be willing to spend money or saved gold as long as all had access at a fair price, which add revenue for the great staff at NG.
    Deathwish19
  • ATLAS-Z
    Yeah, lots of ranged troops still on the bench. I wouldn't mind some improvement on "the other guys" 

Our page :

Deathwish19
  • Yikes
    Yikes Member Posts: 187 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Great ideas all, and hey, I hope to hear from Ranged players also, who wouldn’t mind the added tactics of using Melee with their teams, but are hesitant because of the “weakest link” theory.  Any good ideas on traits that would help blended teams would be great for players!

Here's are a couple of ideas for on-the-bench heroes that could use a little love and will also help melee teams:

Merle - Scale damage to walker level and being able to leave heroes behind to complete missions.  With a bruiser serving as a shield, sometimes, he cannot make it to the exit zone easily.   https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/49058/suggestion-for-merles-leader-trait-rework

Morgan - A kill from the team delays the spawn timer by a turn.  Will give a melee team extra time to handle what is currently on the map before the next spawn.  This is especially useful for maps with short spawn timer where melee teams are easily overwhelmed.
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/49060/suggestion-for-hunter-morgans-leader-trait-rework

Speaking of on the bench, we also need improvements for non-hero survivors:
    This is my attempt to create synergy between the king and non-hero survivors but since the dev team is going with a pre-talliate strategy for Zeke, perhaps another hero can get this trait.  The idea is to have a hero buff non-hero survivors and they in turn buff the hero.  Maybe work it into hunter Daryl's leader trait since he's the starting hero and new players don't have a lot of heroes unlocked in the beginning.
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/48558/suggestion-for-ezekiel-leader-trait-rework-synergy-with-non-hero-survivors
    RiotZappahuskersoxfanghost_pepper
  • HarbD
    HarbD Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2022
    Please delete this account. I don’t use this. 
  • Virtus
    Virtus Member Posts: 59 ✭✭✭
    1. Eliminate Bodyshots for Melee heroes and survivors.
    2. Introduce a melee weapon that can root tanks and specials.  It would need to be a weapon than can work from more than one space away, since rooted walkers will still attack you if you are adjacent.
    3. Introduce a cattle prod or similar weapon (taser maybe) that electrifies walkers.  This would work the same way as the fire mechanic, keeping a walker electrified and doing 10% of their hp as damage each turn.  Of course, you also don't want to get hit by an electrified walker, same as a fire walker.  Maybe expand hazard suit to also work against electricity too.
    I think those changes would go a long way to re-balancing ranged and melee. Only downside is you definitely wouldn't use melee with Sasha if they can't bodyshot.
    huskersoxfanghost_pepperRiotZappa
  • Bassreactor
    Bassreactor Member Posts: 133
    edited January 2022
    1.Scout charged attack(Brain Stab) = 100% kill
    2.Warrior charged attack = 100% cripple
    3.Warrior & Scout new Trait "Every time your attack fails to kill of main target, you have a X% chance to make a Quick movement"
    4.Ezekiel's Regal Authorithy work as normal attack but work only for Ezekiel not for all, can push with MS but can't interrupt 
    huskersoxfanNoiserating
  • ghost_pepper
    ghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's so much awesomeness in this thread. 

Bruisers.
    Morgan is the least useful bruiser. All of the other bruisers do something, do it well, and with development and investment can do that thing really well. Morgan has to be fixed. 

Tara heals work fine for ranged, all of it's balanced. Make Morgan do the same thing. Anytime he does a charge attack, he heals x%. Further more, make him like Sasha. Anytime he body shots, he has a chance at charging. This combo is fantastic. And mele needs charging like sasha. The heals are an added bonus. The heals and the charge points should ONLY work for mele.

And raise his base health a bit because it's pathetic.

Warriors.
    Beta is fine. The others need to be added to or reworked.
    Ezekiel. We all want him to play like he did before. If a push weapon is equipped, that hero is safe from 1incoming walker attack no matter the type. Doesn't work for ranged. Make something for scouts that pushes.
    Michonne and Jesus need something added. 

Jesus needs stuff added to him and Jerry needs a full makeover.

Michonne. On a kill you have x% chance at TR (increase it from where it currently is) and if you don't get it, you gain an action point 100% of the time. In addition to this, if Michonne attacks and does not kill a walker, she has a %chance to regain half an action point, which she could then use to attack another walker.

Sounds OP but it isn't. This turns Michonne into the awesome walker killing beast she is SUPPOSED to be! The show has MOUNTAINS of evidence supporting that she is arguably the strongest mele person in a big pack of walkers and visibly other heros orient themselves to her amazing ability to kill large groups. Rewatch the series, you'll see heros with better LTs gaurd her flank while she goes to work in beast mode. I don't know how to put this into words. You have to do this. You have to make Michonne better. She doesn't deserve to feel like day old soda with all the bubbles gone. She should be in a 3 way tie with Daryl and Rick for #1 walker killer in mele class. For lots of seasons, those 2 let her do the heavy lifting with walker killing. Please make this happen.

Scouts.
    I'd love for both Gabriel and Carol to do more. They don't do enough.

Beth is so bad as to be laughable. This star hero is a fiasco and everyone is talking about it. Full rework.
    YikesRiotZappahuskersoxfanveadabazeeblackShadowWalkerNoiseratingDeathwish19Sarge_
  • veadaba
    veadaba Member Posts: 26
    edited January 2022
    I agree with @ghost_pepper about Michonne. You remind me of how strong Michonne is at killing walkers in the series. I also loved her impressive ability to kill walkers.
    If I can play strong Michonne like he suggests, I don't care how much money I spend. Perhaps most of us have already bored this game and it is impossible to avoid it, because 6 years have already passed. But we still have the opportunity to play with those favorite characters and we can feel much more fun. We are playing with heroes who are not very strong in the series.
    Deathwish19
  • zeeblack
    zeeblack Member Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great suggestions from @ghost_pepper

However, so far not a single word from the developers. 

Zee Black - SG Woots - Playing since 2015.

RiotZappaShadowWalkerDeathwish19
  • ghost_pepper
    ghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zeeblack said:
    Great suggestions from @ghost_pepper

However, so far not a single word from the developers. 
    Because we're waiting. We're waiting in the cold.

zeeblackFuriousMoldovanRiotZappaDeathwish19
  • Lexia
    Lexia Member Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please keep in mind that we are very busy at the moment with the upcoming update and everything related to that, so just because I'm not here reacting to each comment or suggestion, does not mean I'm not reading them or documenting them :smile: 

Also adding here as well what I shared in another conversation and comment - we are constantly thinking of ways to rebalance the meta, and will be introducing new stuff in the upcoming update with that in mind again.
    ShadowWalkerfind2046Deathwish19Sarge_
  • ladre5
    ladre5 Member Posts: 225 ✭✭✭✭
    When will the uodate be out? I am burned out at this game, sonething has to change, so we keep playing. Suggestions in this thread are awesome, pls do something to keep us playing. I am still hoping for nonhero traits for bruisers that doubles their health and gives them some sort of eugenes lt along with it.
  • Arqueue
    Arqueue Member Posts: 250
    edited January 2022
    there were so many ideas on how to improve melee in the past, most were constructive and good, before you started this thread. so, just count how many did NG listen and changed according to them since then? they have their own agenda. to me, its a waste of time, but i understand its yours to waste 
    RiotZappaghost_pepperADPaq
  • huskersoxfan
    NG does listen to its players (I don’t represent or work for NG) and have worked good ideas from the community in the past into the game.  It’s never a bad idea to exchange thoughts from great players (including you)🙂🙂.  It shows the community is invested and engaged rather than apathetic.  The more great ideas shared the better the chance the seed of creation takes place.  I started this thread to rekindle and blend the old ideas with the new voices of the game.  

Thanks for taking an active role in the process👍👍👍
    ShadowWalkerSarge_