Show your Archaeology NML pictures! 🧟🧟‍♀️🦫

capibara
capibara Member Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
i've been browsing my Archive and wanted to share some  :)
Challenge, Cinema and Episodes

Early Game World end 2015

"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
--> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. LINE ID: capyrodent
My Recruiting den. Capy into Music History and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection, now DECA Collection.
GovernatorAngelspitDeathwish19FuriousMoldovanzeeblackbladgierMrLuckyRiotZappaStan_JordanYukiCarl_Tyreese999liorsalman

Comments

• capibara
    edited April 2021
    Old Challenge interface ...early 2016. Probably around avril may 2016 when they removed the Deadly Missions

My Recruiting den. Capy into Music History and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection, now DECA Collection.
    GovernatorAngelspitzeeblackbladgierMrLuckyCarl_Tyreese999
  • ATLAS-Z
    ATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah back then you could just do one Mission hundred times and ignore the others

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM or message ATLAS#5063 on Discord

capibarazeeblackCarl_Tyreese999
  • Burmeliinis
    Burmeliinis Member Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do some missions have >300 stars and some around 50? Or how did all that work then?
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    capibara
  • Superhero
    Superhero Member Posts: 389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do some missions have >300 stars and some around 50? Or how did all that work then?

Because in the past you could choose to only play your favorite maps and make more points on them.
    capibara
  • capibara
    at that time there were also 2 Challenges x week. normal challenge and weekend challenge
  • capibara
    Early 2015 Guild interface. Very few tools, just a guild description.
     look!... min 120 stars x Challenge!! 😂😂😂
    the good old @Movado was with me at that time... and his 351 stars was something... crazy!! 

BurmeliiniszeeblackMrLuckyRiotZappa_Lily_
  • capibara
    this one is even older than the previous... probably end of October 2015.. firsts days of November. there was still not even Guild Description. just name... (not “i” before the guild name)

FuriousMoldovanzeeblackMrLucky
  • zbot
    zbot Member, OW Moderator, NML Legendary Moderator Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who remembers survivor level limits/caps? So you had to make new calls to get higher max level survivors? So many legendary characters were recycled.

Or how you had to level up your survivors to unlock traits?

capibaraFuriousMoldovanzeeblackShezza10bladgierDeathwish19MrLuckyCarl_Tyreese999
  • capibara
    i remember! wow! it was a trauma! once reached their level there was nothing to do with them except looking for better ones and “Retire” the old ones. I have still 1 survivor x class from that time ..(..all with Def Stance.. 😂😂😂) ...because we could finally keep upgrading them with some update
    FuriousMoldovanzeeblack
  • FuriousMoldovan
    FuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zbot said:
    Who remembers survivor level limits/caps? So you had to make new calls to get higher max level survivors? So many legendary characters were recycled.

Or how you had to level up your survivors to unlock traits?

Omg.... I hated this upgrading setup. Had to retire so many survivors just to make space for new ones. 😬

This and loss of my best squad in deadly missions made me quit for a bit. Good memories though!
    Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide
    capibaraDeathwish19
  • Governator
    Governator Member Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My oldest NML pic is when I was searching for Stu in my camp. #WhereAreYouStu

ShadowWalkercapibarazeeblackFuriousMoldovanDeathwish19PasteMrLuckyCarl_Tyreese999
  • zeeblack
    zeeblack Member Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Hmmm dont have anything to share, but the pictures did bring back memories. I would love to play the original challenges again and it wont be a problem for NG.

@capibara you deserve a bazillion awesome for sharing

Zee Black - SG Woots - Playing since 2015.

capibaraHellnightDeathwish19
  • Serp
    Serp Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no pics but I can say I had no legendary survivors before they introduced the tokens. I went somewhere around 1 1/2 years before having a 5*. 
    Deathwish19
  • capibara
    A very old camp screenshot

AngelspitGovernatorMrLucky
  • FuriousMoldovan
    capibara said:
    A very old camp screenshot

Wow! This must be August/September 2015!!?
    Lvl 7, that's a baby capibara :)

capibaraDeathwish19Carl_Tyreese999
  • Cronus
    Cronus Member Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    capibara said:
    i remember! wow! it was a trauma! once reached their level there was nothing to do with them except looking for better ones and “Retire” the old ones. I have still 1 survivor x class from that time ..(..all with Def Stance.. 😂😂😂) ...because we could finally keep upgrading them with some update
    Defensive stance!!!!!
    capibaraDeathwish19
  • FuriousMoldovan
    Cronus said:
    capibara said:
    Defensive stance!!!!!
    Defensive Stance was the king in the badge-less world!
    capibara
  • capibara
    Do you remember the Profanity filter? it's still active for guild names and ing ...but at the beginning it was active also in guild chat.
    This capture is late 2015.. early 2016, right the last day it was active. the day after it was going to be removed with a new update.

MrLucky
  • SinclairCupcake
    SinclairCupcake Member Posts: 13
    As someone who downloaded this game day one of its release this was a nice throwback. Now make sure everyone pays their respects at their camp memorial.
    iosononegancapibaraFuriousMoldovanIoSonoSempreNegan
  • FuriousMoldovan
    Put fresh tomatoes by my Memorial every day!
    capibara
  • MrLucky
    MrLucky Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A W E S O M E @capibara !   ;) 
    capibara
  • capibara
    Found a pic of the Cinema today!! ..the old “drive in” to watch ads early in the game 🙂

FuriousMoldovanm4sShadowWalkerAngelspitRiotZappaDeathwish19patwalkerMrLuckyGovernator
  • Lexia
    Lexia Member Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow! These are so awesome @capibara! Thank you for sharing 🤩
    capibaraFuriousMoldovan
  • capibara
    edited February 2022
    who remember the Deadly Missions?
     Until March 2016 there were Deadly Missions both in Challenge and Story/Episodes mode. In Deadly Mission you had the chance to lose your survivors 😰..it was a drama of course…i still remember when in december 2015 i lose 3 hunters in a mission!
    Deadly disappeared with update 1.8 in march 2016
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/7341/everything-new-in-update-1-8

at that time challenge was different. you only had a “challenge screen” ..there was not tye chance to move on to the “next level”… so you could just play the same mission until you were “stucked”… there was just a “time limit” so you could play the same mission every 30 minutes or so (…see screenshots). This way you had the chance to just stop the deadly one and go on playing the others maps

Time cap to replay the mission

Deadly screenshots

Phalanx44AngelspitRiotZappaFuriousMoldovanShadowWalkerMrLuckyGovernatorCarl_Tyreese999
  • kmr
    kmr Member Posts: 163 ✭✭✭
    First birthday of NML :)

capibaraFuriousMoldovanMrLuckyNovellDeathwish19Governator
  • FuriousMoldovan
    I always loved the "paper map" style background. Especially the one with clouds to the right we had in Story Chapters - before all chapters were released. Always made me think what's beyond the digital horizon :)

Deadly missions, the horror! 😳 😄

November 2015 was a tragic month for my camp - so many loses of great survivors. Alright, I'm off to put some fresh tomatoes by the Memorial.

PS: I wish I kept all old screenshots, instead of deleting them to free up space 😕
    capibaraAngelspitRiotZappapatwalkerShadowWalkerMrLuckyGovernatorCarl_Tyreese999
  • capibara
    yeah! how to forget Memorial!! i had only 3 losses… i will never forget that Xmas.. it was December 2015 in Into the Woods Challenge. That day i lost my 3 best and only hunters in the deadly map. At that time i was still unaware i could “flee” a mission… so they all went 😰..i needed 1 month or more to have again a decent hunter

and also this screenshot is the memory of my beginning in the game. Judy, my older hunter, survived 48 days. Soi know i started playing NML probably the 31 of Oct 2015

AngelspitRiotZappaFuriousMoldovanShadowWalkerMrLuckyGovernatorCarl_Tyreese999
  • Stan_
    Stan_ Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2022
    Here's a screengrab from a tomato farming episodes mission.i believe it was mission 7. This map is why they capped walker XP for kills at 100. Autoclick would farm XP all night!
    FuriousMoldovanRiotZappacapibaraCarl_Tyreese999
  • Stan_
    top guilds way back
    capibaraDeathwish19
  • Stan_

old challenge maps with cool downs!
    FuriousMoldovancapibaraGovernatorCarl_Tyreese999