What do you think about the change in the war shop unfavorable to the average player?

Hellnight
Hellnight Member Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
I write this OPINION below, which I would like to read to other players who think. I clarify: IT IS NOT A SUGGESTION, rather something that bothers me, since in previous wars we have received weapons that were previously paid, but now there are several stores that do not.
The crossbow with distance, crippler and incendiary; the tactical decimator; the winter bow with cripple, etc., are weapons that have been on the market for a while, and we haven't seen them in the Guild Wars store yet.
To this we add the morning star with a switch trait, obtaining a few paid weapons that with ideal traits, only then are they available. It would be nice if we had a couple of them in the next tent.
I know that players with the ability to spend money want more variety of weapons and armor with new traits, but they have also already had many challenges and wars with the advantage of these weapons with ideal traits.
I think two of those weapons, plus some vests that players who already have them want, would be a good balance for both FTPs and PTWs.
Unfortunately, some of the mentioned weapons are released on the black market, but with random characteristics, not with the ideal ones (except for the winter bow, which has been released in exchange for gold, a totally scarce resource for an average player counting wars).
There are several things in the game that give NG income, so stocking weapons with access to a few seems more unfavorable than favorable for both NG and the average player...
relb67patwalkerTheDon_6283

Comments

  • Hellnight
    Hellnight Member Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    The crossbow with distance, cripple and incendiary; the tactical decimator; the winter bow with cripple, etc, are weapons that have been on the market for a while, and we haven't seen them in the guild wars store yet.
    To this we add the morning star with a switch trait, obtaining a few paid weapons. It would be nice if we had a couple of them at the next war tent.
    I know that players with the ability to spend money want more variety of weapons and armor with new traits, but they have also already had many challenges and wars with the advantage of these weapons with ideal traits.
    I think two of those weapons, plus some vests that players who already own them want, would be a good balance for both FTPs and PTWs.
    Unfortunately, some of the aforementioned weapons come out on the black market, but with random features, not with the ideal ones (except for the winter bow, which has come out for gold, a resource that is totally scarce for an average player counting the war) .
    There are several things in the game that give NG income, so stockpiling weapons with access to a few seems more unfavorable than favorable for both NG and the average player...
    relb67patwalker
  • echonap
    echonap Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    For as long as I’ve been playing this game, there were always a couple of elite weapons that could only be obtained with money. This gives an advantage to P2P vs F2P, which encourages spending and creates a healthy game. Once those elite weapons become freely available, they will introduce new cash-only elite weapons. P2P will always have an advantage, and deservedly so. They support the game. 
    ghost_pepperSarge_Deathwish19TheDon_6283BenjaminT
  • Hellnight
    Hellnight Member Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    echonap said:
    For as long as I’ve been playing this game, there were always a couple of elite weapons that could only be obtained with money. This gives an advantage to P2P vs F2P, which encourages spending and creates a healthy game. Once those elite weapons become freely available, they will introduce new cash-only elite weapons. P2P will always have an advantage, and deservedly so. They support the game. 
    They have had the advantage for quite some time. There are even players who buy gold and gas, but the prices of the packs are prohibitive in certain regions
  • Hellnight
    Hellnight Member Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    They have had the advantage for quite some time. There are even players who buy gold and gas, but the prices of the packs are prohibitive in certain regions
  • echonap
    echonap Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    And they will always have the advantage. That’s the point.
  • WellyLuga
    WellyLuga Member Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you talking about the GW shop? Didn't we just have the non piercing DAR? That was previously behind the pay wall up until now? There's nearly always a weapon like this as far as I can remember, it's just always one that has been out a while and is no longer something people buy anymore. 

    I expect to see the tactical decimator and interrupt MS in 2-3 seasons.
    PasteSarge_Thüringer
  • Hellnight
    Hellnight Member Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    WellyLuga said:
    Are you talking about the GW shop? Didn't we just have the non piercing DAR? That was previously behind the pay wall up until now? There's nearly always a weapon like this as far as I can remember, it's just always one that has been out a while and is no longer something people buy anymore. 

    I expect to see the tactical decimator and interrupt MS in 2-3 seasons.
    The DAR has been, but they chose the least used weapon of all the good weapons. I'm talking about the most useful weapons, like the ranged sniper harpoon, incendiary and cripple (I don't know what its name is in English, in Spanish it's "flamigera"). Instead of this they took out a pistol without distance, not very useful for wars. I think it would be even better if they put weapons like the Devil's Torch or Dixieland, rather than weapons with semi-utility infused traits.
  • Paste
    Paste Member Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be very surprised if the coming GW store didn't have the MS with the original traits. Maybe even infused with lucky, because it kinda of lost it's value with the release of the new variant.
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
  • Hellnight
    Hellnight Member Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    I would be more surprised by the pistol with distance, crippler and fire. Highly essential weapon (at hunter harpoon level) 😂
  • WellyLuga
    WellyLuga Member Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hellnight said:
    WellyLuga said:
    Are you talking about the GW shop? Didn't we just have the non piercing DAR? That was previously behind the pay wall up until now? There's nearly always a weapon like this as far as I can remember, it's just always one that has been out a while and is no longer something people buy anymore. 

    I expect to see the tactical decimator and interrupt MS in 2-3 seasons.
    The DAR has been, but they chose the least used weapon of all the good weapons. I'm talking about the most useful weapons, like the ranged sniper harpoon, incendiary and cripple (I don't know what its name is in English, in Spanish it's "flamigera"). Instead of this they took out a pistol without distance, not very useful for wars. I think it would be even better if they put weapons like the Devil's Torch or Dixieland, rather than weapons with semi-utility infused traits.
    There was a time where the DAR was their most pushed weapon, it seemed to be in the shop every other day. I think basically the weapons you're after won't be in the GW shop until NG feels that they can't make any more money from them.
  • Paste
    Paste Member Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hellnight said:
    I would be more surprised by the pistol with distance, crippler and fire. Highly essential weapon (at hunter harpoon level) 😂
    The one they already gave us without extra range is much better in general though, unless you need that range (which you mostly don't).

    And the ranged sniper rifle with incendiary and crippling doesn't exist. It's joke/fake someone photoshopped for laughs. So I don't think free to play players are really missing much.
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
  • Hellnight
    Hellnight Member Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    Paste said:
    Hellnight said:
    I would be more surprised by the pistol with distance, crippler and fire. Highly essential weapon (at hunter harpoon level) 😂
    The one they already gave us without extra range is much better in general though, unless you need that range (which you mostly don't).

    And the ranged sniper rifle with incendiary and crippling doesn't exist. It's joke/fake someone photoshopped for laughs. So I don't think free to play players are really missing much.
    didn't name a hunter weapon with cripple and incendiary, I named the sniper pistol with distance, cripple and incendiary, only I don't know its name in English (I speak Spanish I use the translator to write the post). It seems to me that this marksman's weapon is at the level of need that the other hunter's weapon (makes life easier)
    Regarding the request, personally I don't need them, I'm requesting them for the rest of the players, and only little by little (with one or two coming out per war season it would be great). Currently I finished island 20 without losing swords, but I retired from wars due to the fact that the prizes are few, and the two items that really work are easy to reach even if you play low islands. The glory of winning the war should go only to the best players, and not to those who have the most gold and/or tools to spend. I definitely miss real videogames, the ones you bought them and then being the best depended on the skill, not the wallet...
    PastepatwalkerRiotZappa